Incredible Member

Default Did we know there was a Thunderbolts Epic Collection on the (far) horizon?

Just stumbled on the listing on Amazon. Thunderbolts 1-12, Distant Rumblings, Annual '97, Incredible Hulk 449, Spider-Man Team-Up 7, Heroes for Hire 7.
    Love the Epic Collection format. Pretty hyped for this.

Astonishing Member

Yes.

Marvel announces their upcoming Epic releases in batches. This was included in the announcements from August.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post6156497

Yeah! Looking forward to it. Can't wait!

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-01-2022 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Extraordinary Member

I already have the omnibus but it will make a great gift. The first year of Thunderbolts is maybe the most perfect self-contained collection of any long-running Marvel ongoing, because the first year tells a complete and satisfying story.

So much so that the "next issue" box in issue #12 lampshades the fact that the whole series could have ended there (and if it hadn't been successful, obviously, it would have ended there).

Astonishing Member

Thunderbolts was an amazing series -- coming out of the period when the Image guys hijacked a good portion of the Marvel Universe. But even after the revelation that they were the Masters of Evil (I was pretty sure Meteorite was Moonstone, but the rest of the reveals did surprise Men), the book continued to be a good read -- even after Busiek left.

The Thunderbolts are and continue to be one of my favorite twist of a comicbook "superhero" team. I am so glad there are many ways to access and read about this unique anti-hero team.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    The Thunderbolts are and continue to be one of my favorite twist of a comicbook "superhero" team. I am so glad there are many ways to access and read about this unique anti-hero team.
    Agreed. Truly a milestone in comic book history (IMHO):