Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That last part especially aggravates me. You've got Mephisto and his 615 other counterparts making a play for total domination of the Multiverse, which may or may not have been kicked off by whatever was yielded from his bargain with Spider-Man, but Spider-Man has no involvement whatsoever in that thus far.
    Wouldn’t felt earn at this point to just insert spiderman in this avengers event
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Read it. Not as bad as I expected. I still don’t like the direction they’ve taken Ben in, but one scene towards the end is very… very enjoyable (ironically I don’t think it was intended to be). That’s all I’ll say until Wednesday.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Read it. Not as bad as I expected. I still don’t like the direction they’ve taken Ben in, but one scene towards the end is very… very enjoyable (ironically I don’t think it was intended to be). That’s all I’ll say until Wednesday.
    Enjoyable for Ben fans?

I know you said that's all you were going to say but can't blame for trying :P

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Enjoyable for Ben fans?
    Yep! You’ll definitely know what I’m referring to when it drops.

The issue itself was decent enough. Has a lot of allusions to the ‘Inferno’ storyline from 30 years ago, which I vaguely remember reading some tie-in issues of when I was a small kid, so Wells knows his continuity (he probably read it as a kid too I’m guessing). As one would expect with something starring Ben, there’s Clone Saga references as well. That is really all I will say now.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Enjoyable for Ben fans?

The issue itself was decent enough. Has a lot of allusions to the ‘Inferno’ storyline from 30 years ago, which I vaguely remember reading some tie-in issues of when I was a small kid, so Wells knows his continuity (he probably read it as a kid too I’m guessing). As one would expect with something starring Ben, there’s Clone Saga references as well. That is really all I will say now.
    Thanks. Will be (cautiously) looking forward to it. And yeah, speaking of Inferno, Spider-Man had a few tie-in issues with that originally, which even resulted in a demonically possessed Hobgoblin (the Jason Macendale version) for a while, before the demon fused with him split off and became Demogoblin.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Enjoyable for Ben fans?

Thanks for the answer!

Astonishing Member

Anything for the MJ fans or were the carrot was lead more away?

Has a lot of allusions to the ‘Inferno’ storyline from 30 years ago, which I vaguely remember reading some tie-in issues of when I was a small kid, so Wells knows his continuity (he probably read it as a kid too I’m guessing).
    Oh, he definitely must have read it at a formative age. Wells is obsessed with Inferno.
    Most of his runs at Marvel (especially his New Mutants, Hellions and Amazing Spider-Man runs) are informed in some way by Inferno.

It's very telling that at his first chance at writing a Marvel event (Dark Web), he chose to make it an Inferno sequel.
    I'm sure he might have even called this event Inferno if Hickman hadn't just released a (completely unrelated to Limbo) book called Inferno last year.

I actually even suspect that his seeming tendency to hurt young children in his Marvel works (something widely debated in this sub-forum) is inspired in some way by the child sacrifice theme of Inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    Oh, he definitely must have read it at a formative age. Wells is obsessed with Inferno.
    Most of his runs at Marvel (especially his New Mutants, Hellions and Amazing Spider-Man runs) are informed in some way by Inferno.

It's very telling that at his first chance at writing a Marvel event (Dark Web), he chose to make it an Inferno sequel.
    I'm sure he might have even called this event Inferno if Hickman hadn't just released a (completely unrelated to Limbo) book called Inferno last year.

I actually even suspect that his seeming tendency to hurt young children in his Marvel works (something widely debated in this sub-forum) is inspired in some way by the child sacrifice theme of Inferno.
    Wells himself says as much during his interview for the Cerebro podcast. The host and him are big Madelyne fans--she comes up a lot in the convo

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000557977394

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post

Doesn't look good for the kids in the future either

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

So any more mention of MJ or anything about Felecia in Dark Web or is it just fake Kaine, Norman and X-men?

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    Well art is great, sucks you don't even see the conversation that Peter and MJ had, you see right in preview as Peter was buying a drink for him and MJ to talk, he sees Norman and then he ran outside, trying to convinced Norman he's changed and hes good and to come inside and Norman talk about the things he did and the Harry they mourning for is a clone and leaves, cut to scenes with X-MEN and the Demons summoning. you see Peter leaving the Coffee Bean saying good night to everyone there, yeah if Peter MJ had a conversation in there, we don't know or see, another mystery on what they talked about......... Oh yeah, Eddie is back to want to eat Spidey brains again(not sure if its Inferno demonic influence or Wells ignoring the Character development Eddie gone through under Cates and Ewing, the original symbiote is not even with Eddie, its with Dylan, man maybe it will make sense after reading the Venom ties ins, I don't know .
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    spoilers:
    Well art is great, sucks you don't even see the conversation that Peter and MJ had, you see right in preview as Peter was buying a drink for him and MJ to talk, he sees Norman and then he ran outside, trying to convinced Norman he's changed and hes good and to come inside and Norman talk about the things he did and the Harry they mourning for is a clone and leaves, cut to scenes with X-MEN and the Demons summoning. you see Peter leaving the Coffee Bean saying good night to everyone there, yeah if Peter MJ had a conversation in there, we don't know or see, another mystery on what they talked about......... Oh yeah, Eddie is back to want to eat Spidey brains again(not sure if its Inferno demonic influence or Wells ignoring the Character development Eddie gone through under Cates and Ewing, the original symbiote is not even with Eddie, its with Dylan, man maybe it will make sense after reading the Venom ties ins, I don't know .
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Nothing noteworthy on Ben and Janine?
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    Ben has a nightmare where he's on a date with Janine only to be confronted by a psycho-looking Peter and MJ asking for their stuff back and Peter rip things out of Ben and Janine in a prison uniform, around the issue, you see Norman going back to his office only be to be confronted by Ben referencing Spider-man 75 way back, Norman saying he want to repent, Ben beat him tearing apart his Golden goblin gear. in this issue, you seeing Janine as Hallow enjoying the carnage from the Inferno a little too much
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    spoilers:
    Ben has a nightmare where he's on a date with Janine only to be confronted by a psycho-looking Peter and MJ asking for their stuff back and Peter rip things out of Ben and Janine in a prison uniform, around the issue, you see Norman going back to his office only be to be confronted by Ben referencing Spider-man 75 way back, Norman saying he want to repent, Ben beat him tearing apart his Golden goblin gear. in this issue, you seeing Janine as Hallow enjoying the carnage from the Inferno a little too much
    end of spoilers
    Thanks!!!!!