Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Eddie now wanting to Eat Spider-man brains regression, you think it's part of the corruption of Limbo and Maddie because it seems to be undoing the development of both Cates and Ewing. The original Venom symbiote is not even with Eddie anymore, its with Dlyan.
    but its still eddie memory she mess up and im pretty sure eddie still wanted to kill Peter back in the day unless you are saying that was all symbiote
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

This reminds me of Scott Snyder being forced to write Harley as a villain during Death of the Family over in the Bat Books

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Inferno hype in 2k22, you love to see it!

For those following along thru the board, the letters page lays out the general structure of the crossover. Altogether it's 18 issues.

After this alpha issue, the character stories splinter out in this way:

The Chasm\Spider-Man story will happen in ASM #15-18
    Goblin Queen\X-Men duke it out in Dark Web: X-Men #1-3
    Venom features in ASM #15-16, then Venom #14-16
    Kamala appears in ASM #15, then saunters into Dark Web: Ms. Marvel #1-2
    Norman stuff happens in Gold Goblin #2-3
    Finally Black Cat\Mary Jane's 5 issue mini ties into the event for the first two issues.

Then we close with Dawn in February. That's all, folks!
    It seems like the third issue of BC/MJ is still a tie-in judging from solicits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    This reminds me of Scott Snyder being forced to write Harley as a villain during Death of the Family over in the Bat Books
    She wasn't really a hero back then either since it was early New 52.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Eddie now wanting to Eat Spider-man brains regression, you think it's part of the corruption of Limbo and Maddie because it seems to be undoing the development of both Cates and Ewing. The original Venom symbiote is not even with Eddie anymore, its with Dlyan.
    How is that even possible? Eddie is the King in Black, opposite of Captain Universe who is the God of Light. Limbo shouldn't have any effect on him, if anything he should be influencing Limbo.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    How is that even possible? Eddie is the King in Black, opposite of Captain Universe who is the God of Light. Limbo shouldn't have any effect on him, if anything he should be influencing Limbo.
    Because they basically want to craft the most forced story imaginable that relies on a combination of nostalgia that characters have long grown past and just plain writing characters OOC. Hell, they even made the same reference with Ben’s nightmare that they did with Maddie back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Because they basically want to craft the most forced story imaginable that relies on a combination of nostalgia that characters have long grown past and just plain writing characters OOC. Hell, they even made the same reference with Ben’s nightmare that they did with Maddie back in the day.
    That blows, really, really blows. All of Eddies character development, the lore of the symbiotes and their opposite, brushed aside so Wells can pretend to write Inferno.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

That blows, really, really blows. All of Eddies character development, the lore of the symbiotes and their opposite, brushed aside so Wells can pretend to write Inferno.
    And really, why does Eddie even need to be here in the first place? They seem so Hell bent on turning Ben into the new Venom, what place could Eddie possibly have in this story?

And really, why does Eddie even need to be here in the first place? They seem so Hell bent on turning Ben into the new Venom, what place could Eddie possibly have in this story?
    it literally says he wants to reunite with Dylan his son
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

None, he should be searching for ways to save Dylan from his fate by well...the smartest course of action would be to draw the attention of his opposite, The Enigma Force, or maybe find Immortus to uncover the secrets of altering one's fate like Kang once did by splitting the two of them into two separate unique beings.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-07-2022 at 09:49 AM.

Fantastic Member

Shockingly thought this was fine for the most part.

Well, the Venom stuff is stupid and regressive, even with the explainer, but not the character assassination I was expecting and fearing based on these comments
    Last edited by Vegan; 12-07-2022 at 09:59 AM.

None, he should be searching for ways to save Dylan from his fate by well...the smartest course of action would be to draw the attention of his opposite, The Enigma Force, or maybe find Immortus to uncover the secrets of altering one's fate like Kang once did by splitting the two of them into two separate unique beings.
    The Enigma force isn't *his* opposite, it's Knull's opposite. Eddie might be the second King in Black, but he's not Knull.

Astonishing Member

The focus in this forum is on Eddie, but Wells did the exact same thing to Maddie. He wiped away all the character growth she had in New Mutants and basically ignored Vita Ayala's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    The Enigma force isn't *his* opposite, it's Knull's opposite. Eddie might be the second King in Black, but he's not Knull.
    I don't see how that's any different. Eddie is now a being of living darkness, the same darkness that Knull was. The Enigma Force is the light that comes to banish that darkness away when it grows too powerful. And besides, if it isn't his opposite then who is going to take The Enigma Force's place?

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    it literally says he wants to reunite with Dylan his son
    And that requires Maddie and Limbo how exactly? The premise that he’s there in the first place is contrived. He’s literally only there asking for help because they wanted to set him up to be here.

I don't see how that's any different. Eddie is now a being of living darkness, the same darkness that Knull was. The Enigma Force is the light that comes to banish that darkness away when it grows too powerful. And besides, if it isn't his opposite then who is going to take The Enigma Force's place?
    Eddy isn't made of or born from primordial darkness, nor is there any indication he's done anymore than inherited control of the symbioses from it after being proclaimed KiB. His title and powers all stem from the Klyntar and their hive. As for the Enigma Force, why does anything need to take its place?

It feels to me like you're making a lot of assumptions that aren't textually supported yet. Not impossible but I don't see anything suggesting that Eddy and the Enigma Force are now opposites.