Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    New editor on ASM for a while. Let's see if it's just for Dark Web or if it actually means some kind of change is happening
    What if the new editor isn't a real person and the editor's page is some kind of meta-joke?

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Eddie now wanting to Eat Spider-man brains regression, you think it's part of the corruption of Limbo and Maddie because it seems to be undoing the development of both Cates and Ewing. The original Venom symbiote is not even with Eddie anymore, its with Dlyan.
    nah I'm pretty sure Eddie will go back to "normal" at the end of the story. Ewing is still writing you know.

Found this on a...certain site and I can't stop laughing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post

This is amazing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    What if the new editor isn't a real person and the editor's page is some kind of meta-joke?
    That's my guess. They aren't going to hand off the editorial reins of Marvel's biggest character, even for an event, to someone who doesn't have a track record in comics or other types of publishing. The stakes are too high. And when you Google Albert/Al Banaszak, he's either someone living in Poland (and not Brooklyn as it says per the letters page), or he's someone who owns a sewage drainage company in WI.

Although...the letters page does mention WI. Hmmm.

And Nick Lowe is still listed as the editor for Slott-Man and as executive editor of Miles's book.

Astonishing Member

That's my take too. If you read the intro is pretty clear. The names surely are taken from his father and her mother's maiden name or something like that.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    That's my take too. If you read the intro is pretty clear. The names surely are taken from his father and her mother's maiden name or something like that.
    Or it's a new editor to guide through the course correction

That... that isn't obvious to everyone...?

-Pav, who wonders if it's a combo of his uncle's first name and aunt's maiden name...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

can't pretend some of this wasn't funny but i can do without the "no homo" humour

otherwise, i'm genuinely pleased so many people appear to have enjoyed this issue
    troo fan or death

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    This is amazing.
    This is quite hilarious, which is something we all desperately need right now. Thanks for sharing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    To be fair to Peter (Wells version), the Norman that Peter is comforting is a bit of Norman that did not sell his son to the devil. The bit that sold his son to the devil is currently running around in Ashley Kafka. (What metaphysics of personal identity is implied here is a possible subject of an essay in one of those Philosophy of Spider-man collections. I do not know whether it would be an interesting essay.)
    To be fair I would totally read that essay.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Just thought I'd throw in a little Nerdy Nitpick for the day about this issue. Regarding that hilarious scene where Madelyne Pryor is getting all the demonic hordes of Limbo ready for their invasion of Earth by playing a song on an oversized organ and chanting Textus Tanebrarum. What they are chanting is Latin (of course!) which, in its literal translation, reads as "The Text of Darkness." However, considering that Madelyne is playing music, it would make way more sense if she and her minions were chanting Canticum Tenebrarum or "The Song of Darkness." I mean, if she wants to go all gothic and evil, the least she can do is know how to chant her dead languages properly.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    Peter should not be gently comforting Norman about the death of his son who probably wouldn't have died (either time) had Norman not sold him to the devil.

Like... he sold his son to the devil, Peter. That is a thing Norman did. Pre-Goblin Norman even.
    Honestly, I think they're probably going to ignore this. It was a very dumb idea in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Honestly, I think they're probably going to ignore this. It was a very dumb idea in the first place.
    Unless they find some way to retcon that, even if they do ignore it, it’s all the more reason why the audience should unsympathetic towards Norman even if Wells’ intentions are for him to be. Doesn’t matter how cleansed of sun you may be, damning someone innocent to Hell isn’t something you can come back from especially when it’s in the pursuit of greed.

Incredible Member

Gotta wonder what it’s like taking a character people like, badly making him a villain, thinks he’d get over like Venom originally did. Only for everyone to nope out and treat it as a joke