Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Unless they find some way to retcon that, even if they do ignore it, it’s all the more reason why the audience should unsympathetic towards Norman even if Wells’ intentions are for him to be. Doesn’t matter how cleansed of sun you may be, damning someone innocent to Hell isn’t something you can come back from especially when it’s in the pursuit of greed.
    They don't need to retcon it right away. When you try to spend a bunch of time unnecessarily fixing stories that are dumb, you get everything that was wrong with Spencer's run. It should just never be spoken of again and consigned to the dust bin of history unless a convenient means to retcon it comes naturally to the fore. It was such a bad idea. It robs Norman of pathos. It robs Harry of pathos. It robs *both* of them of agency. And don't even get me started on the way this makes me uncomfortable with regards to Norman and Harry's mental illnesses.

Just bad all around, and I imagine most readers have already forgotten about it and moved on.

BANNED

Oh god, I JUST got the Albert joke....

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    They don't need to retcon it right away. When you try to spend a bunch of time unnecessarily fixing stories that are dumb, you get everything that was wrong with Spencer's run. It should just never be spoken of again and consigned to the dust bin of history unless a convenient means to retcon it comes naturally to the fore. It was such a bad idea. It robs Norman of pathos. It robs Harry of pathos. It robs *both* of them of agency. And don't even get me started on the way this makes me uncomfortable with regards to Norman and Harry's mental illnesses.

Just bad all around, and I imagine most readers have already forgotten about it and moved on.
    Nuff said!

Saddest thing about continuity patch-jobs--aside from the suckage--is they don't even work! Like, Sins Past was retconned in ASM Vol5, issue 73? Who cares?
    The story's still there--a huge chunk in an influential run with A+ art and tie-ins, the meme-panel of Norman "Tommy Lee Jones" Osborn has spread around the net. Retcon or not, there's simply no putting that genie back in the bottle.

Disregard messy backstory or build over it, that's what I'll say.