Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Isn't it hilarious how we have Flash here despite all the Agent Venom stuff and the fact that in another book he's in a time-traveling adventure where he and Dagger are trying to get into each others' tights?

Jonah reacting to the Randy/Janice stuff is cute. I miss him and Robbie together.

I'm sure people will look back on the time MJ was with some random dude named Paul and had some random kids out of nowhere while being mad at Peter for some reason with fond memories.
    Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    That's Liz, isn't it? She's just using her married name I think.
    Yeah, I assume that's Liz. I guess she went back to using her married name at some point (even though I think they were still officially divorced?).

I forget if she's "Mrs. Osborn" in the Venom book.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    That's Liz, isn't it? She's just using her married name I think.
    Having actually read the preview for myself, yeah, you're right. My mistake earlier, though when did Liz and Harry remarry? That said, I am somewhat glad Wells is willing to actually, finally address Harry's second death at the end of Nick Spencer's run . . . though my hopes that it'll be good . . . are rather faint and dim.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Having actually read the preview for myself, yeah, you're right. My mistake earlier, though when did Liz and Harry remarry? That said, I am somewhat glad Wells is willing to actually, finally address Harry's second death at the end of Nick Spencer's run . . . though my hopes that it'll be good . . . are rather faint and dim.
    That's not Liz. Liz is sitting at the table with Peter and Flash. Ms Osborn is at the bar table with MJ and Carlie.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    That's not Liz. Liz is sitting at the table with Peter and Flash. Ms Osborn is at the bar table with MJ and Carlie.
    Ok, so I might have been right the first time . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Ok, so I might have been right the first time . . .
    Yeah, I think you were

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Yeah, I think you were
    Looks like MJ is playing hat and cold with Peter. First angrily refusing to have coffee with Peter in issue 9 only to change her mind in issue 15. Don't you love mystery boxes? Talk about running out of ideas.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Looks like MJ is playing hat and cold with Peter. First angrily refusing to have coffee with Peter in issue 9 only to change her mind in issue 15. Don't you love mystery boxes? Talk about running out of ideas.
    Plus they wanted to push Peter and Felecia, but does it feel like he's going to date her or will it be brushed off as a couple of dates then fizzle out?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Plus they wanted to push Peter and Felecia, but does it feel like he's going to date her or will it be brushed off as a couple of dates then fizzle out?
    Goes till the mystery box is "solved" then becomes a oh who do I choose before finally landing with a thump of either MJ, only because Wells claims to put everything back in the box, which would only be lame because they haven't done anything to earn it or nobody.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Goes till the mystery box is "solved" then becomes a oh who do I choose before finally landing with a thump of either MJ, only because Wells claims to put everything back in the box, which would only be lame because they haven't done anything to earn it or nobody.
    Yeah, Felicia hasn't stood a chance this whole run. The relations are all about Peter, Norman and MJ with Cat and Paul and just a dash of Gwen used as obstacles. That's no way to treat a character like Black Cat, it does just as much to ruin her momentum as her crime boss stint.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm sure people will look back on the time MJ was with some random dude named Paul and had some random kids out of nowhere while being mad at Peter for some reason with fond memories.
    I don't think she's legit mad at Peter and that it's just an act to keep him at arm's length for the good of the kids. She clearly still loves him as evident by the Gala issues, and the fact she's willing to lower her guard for him on Harry's birthday shows the frustration is not as serious as the previous few issues have made it out to be.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 12-02-2022 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Yeah, Felicia hasn't stood a chance this whole run. The relations are all about Peter, Norman and MJ with Cat and Paul and just a dash of Gwen used as obstacles. That's no way to treat a character like Black Cat, it does just as much to ruin her momentum as her crime boss stint.
    QFT What Zeb is doing is so disrespectful to Mackay and all the amazing work he has done with Felicia.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    QFT What Zeb is doing is so disrespectful to Mackay and all the amazing work he has done with Felicia.
    I wonder if Wells will make Felicia a crime boss again

At least Felicia is going to get some date issues.

But I don't think this is anywhere near as bad as the Queenpin.
    I don't think she's legit mad at Peter and that it's just an act to keep him at arm's length for the good of the kids. She clearly still loves him as evident by the Gala issues, and the fact she's willing to lower her guard for him on Harry's birthday shows the frustration is not as serious as the previous few issues have made it out to be.
    Who can really tell with Zeb Wells' writing? Especially when it comes to the women in this book.

We still don't even know what the kids are about but that might involve solving the mystery box.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least Felicia is going to get some date issues
    Yeah, but are they meant to sell us on the idea the relationship is here for the long-term? We know right after we have OMIT 2.0 explaining why Peter and MJ fell out, so again they're not giving the dates a chance to breath between arcs, especially since it's only two issues. The focus of this run isn't to reconnect Peter and Felicia so far, the writers have no interest in keeping things centred on her and what she means to Peter. Has Peter even given Felicia a moment's thought in this other than to frame her as the rebound to selfishly clear his mind of MJ? Has he thought of her yet as anything other than a means to an end?
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 12-02-2022 at 09:40 AM.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, but are they meant to sell us on the idea the relationship is here for the long-term? We know right after we have OMIT 2.0 explaining why Peter and MJ fell out, so again they're not giving the dates a chance to breath between arcs, especially since it's only two issues. The focus of this run isn't to reconnect Peter and Felicia so far, the writers have no interest in keeping things centred on her and what she means to Peter. Has Peter even given Felicia a moment's thought in this other than to frame her as the rebound to selfishly clear his mind of MJ? Has he thought of her yet as anything other than a means to an end?
    The exact same thing can be said about how Wells treats MJ in this run. He's done nothing to sell us on the idea that Peter should be this hung up on MJ or that we should feel for them being apart. He's made MJ - life of the party MJ - into a catatonic mannequin who makes stereotyped housewives look liberated and freed from sexist social convention. He did all he could to undermine MJ and Peter in Beyond - thankfully, the other writers on that arc brought out the heat and humor between them - but Wells made MJ pout, stand by the window and be wistful, forget that Peter told her Ben was back in the previous issue that Wells himself wrote, had MJ unable to tell it was Ben on the phone and not Peter when May could tell the difference, and gave them the most unromantic, prosaic and unempathetic proposal and acceptance to move in together right before glowing deux ex machina (who has never been referred to since) showed up. MJ has been used solely as a cudgel to make Peter feel bad, while Gwen and Felicia have been used solely as prizes to make him feel better.

And in this issue suddenly MJ can have coffee with Peter - even though she already has a fresh cup in her hands judging by the steam - when an innocent offer to have coffee after Peter just saved her life made her yell about responsibility?

Man, this run is so incredibly poorly written.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 12-02-2022 at 12:09 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    The exact same thing can be said about how Wells treats MJ in this run. He's done nothing to sell us on the idea that Peter should be this hung up on MJ or that we should feel for them being apart. He's made MJ - life of the party MJ - into a catatonic mannequin who makes stereotyped housewives look liberated and freed from sexist social convention. He did all he could to undermine MJ and Peter in Beyond - thankfully, the other writers on that arc brought out the heat and humor between them - but Wells made MJ pout, stand by the window and be wistful, forget that Peter told her Ben was back in the previous issue that Wells himself wrote, had MJ unable to tell it was Ben on the phone and not Peter when May could tell the difference, and gave them the most unromantic, prosaic and unempathetic proposal and acceptance to move in together right before glowing deux ex machina (who has never been referred to since) showed up. MJ has been used solely as a cudgel to make Peter feel bad, while Gwen and Felicia have been used solely as prizes to make him feel better.

And in this issue suddenly MJ can have coffee with Peter - even though she already has a fresh cup in her hands judging by the steam - when an innocent offer to have coffee after Peter just saved her life made her yell about responsibility?

Man, this run is so incredibly poorly written.
    In general in this run we don’t have so much thoughts for any characters, if we had access to their thoughts the mystery box is revealed and Wells don’t want that yet. Maybe in the upcoming mini for MJ/BC we will have feelings and all of that from MJ and Felicia.
    I believe MacKay will try to explain things in regards of his characterization of Felicia, maybe he can drop a hint or two of what exactly MJ is feeling, I had said this before but from the preview she seems a little sad, can’t confirm without dialogue tho