Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Man I know we've all said something about the Peter MJ drama but gosh this run really makes Peter feel like a creepy guy who can't get over his ex.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Man I know we've all said something about the Peter MJ drama but gosh this run really makes Peter feel like a creepy guy who can't get over his ex.
    But we'll find out what the mystery box is and then they get back together and also if he dated Felecia and not MJ instead would we even be in this mess as she doesn't really have the same bond or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Yeah, but are they meant to sell us on the idea the relationship is here for the long-term? We know right after we have OMIT 2.0 explaining why Peter and MJ fell out, so again they're not giving the dates a chance to breath between arcs, especially since it's only two issues. The focus of this run isn't to reconnect Peter and Felicia so far, the writers have no interest in keeping things centred on her and what she means to Peter. Has Peter even given Felicia a moment's thought in this other than to frame her as the rebound to selfishly clear his mind of MJ? Has he thought of her yet as anything other than a means to an end?
    I think they're meant to be fun date issues, but who knows. Especially since they're fill ins.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they're meant to be fun date issues, but who knows. Especially since they're fill ins.
    Not expecting much from the fratboy sensibility that shows up in Kelly's writing and the Dodsons' tendency to treat Felicia as just so much cheesecake.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderlink View Post
    I believe MacKay will try to explain things in regards of his characterization of Felicia, maybe he can drop a hint or two of what exactly MJ is feeling, I had said this before but from the preview she seems a little sad, can’t confirm without dialogue tho
    I think we're hanging a lot of hopes on MacKay that he may not be able to fulfill because he's not driving this event, Wells is, and MacKay has to work within the confines of Wells's bigger story. We already know the outcome, in fact: Peter and Felicia will go on their spa getaway, regardless of what happens in MacKay's miniseries. And we know Wells will finally reveal "What Peter did" in March - now that no one cares, awesome pacing, Zeb - so MacKay won't be stepping on that.

I'm sure the miniseries will be decently written - MacKay is talented - but I'm not expecting it to do much, storywise. I mean, they even pretty much repeated the same solicit for issue 2 and 3, which either indicates a story that is spinning its wheels or marketing is trying to hide some reveal that, again, we know won't mean much in the greater scheme because we already know Peter and Felicia are going to the spa.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 12-02-2022 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Not expecting much from the fratboy sensibility that shows up in Kelly's writing and the Dodsons' tendency to treat Felicia as just so much cheesecake.
    Unless it's not a date arc but something else that ends their fling that Wells tried to set up. He did say year 2 started with a clean slate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Unless it's not a date arc but something else that ends their fling that Wells tried to set up. He did say year 2 started with a clean slate
    Pretty sure he meant that at the start of his second year, everyone would know what Peter did so the characters and the readers would be starting with a fresh slate and finally on the same page together, whereas right now the characters know more than the readers.

Also, people keep saying Wells said he would put everything back in the toy box the way he foudn them. Unless there's an interview I missed, he's only said that he can't do anything permanent to the characters - that even if he wanted to, the next writer could come along and change what he did. So I didn't hear him as saying he would return everything as he found them - just that he's aware he can't make a permanent mark because nothing is permanent in comics.

Pretty sure he meant that at the start of his second year, everyone would know what Peter did so the characters and the readers would be starting with a fresh slate and finally on the same page together, whereas right now the characters know more than the readers.

Also, people keep saying Wells said he would put everything back in the toy box the way he foudn them. Unless there's an interview I missed, he's only said that he can't do anything permanent to the characters - that even if he wanted to, the next writer could come along and change what he did. So I didn't hear him as saying he would return everything as he found them - just that he's aware he can't make a permanent mark because nothing is permanent in comics.
    But that was also in an interview mostly by a chasm stan.
    Don't see the Felecia fling to last and he said he'll resolve it all in year 2 and there's also only one thing he needs to resolve and there's nothing else to keep anyone tethered to the book. Nothing has been set up to keep and ongoing story going so only left after the reveal is fix Peter and MJ situation and from all tense and purposes he doesn't seem interested in the book . Could see him leave fairly early to too

Spectacular Member

This. There are statements getting spread around everywhere that are completely jumbled from what Zeb actually meant.

Will Peter and MJ be together when Zeb leaves the book? Possibly, but far from a guarantee. He’s not doing anything that would preclude the next writer from immediately putting them together again though.

Quote Originally Posted by logo449 View Post
    This. There are statements getting spread around everywhere that are completely jumbled from what Zeb actually meant.

Will Peter and MJ be together when Zeb leaves the book? Possibly, but far from a guarantee. He’s not doing anything that would preclude the next writer from immediately putting them together again though.
    Or unless it's intended that way. Have them end it together on his own story or because the next writer wants it that way

Incredible Member

But that was also in an interview mostly by a chasm stan.
    Don't see the Felecia fling to last and he said he'll resolve it all in year 2 and there's also only one thing he needs to resolve and there's nothing else to keep anyone tethered to the book. Nothing has been set up to keep and ongoing story going so only left after the reveal is fix Peter and MJ situation and from all tense and purposes he doesn't seem interested in the book . Could see him leave fairly early to too
    Been working on that theory myself. Once he wraps what Peter did he’s got nothing since he hasn’t actually teased or built anything up. He took Spider-man to wrap up his Hellions and leaves for the next team so they can probably take it to 1000 since this Wells arcs just scream filler

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Been working on that theory myself. Once he wraps what Peter did he’s got nothing since he hasn’t actually teased or built anything up. He took Spider-man to wrap up his Hellions and leaves for the next team so they can probably take it to 1000 since this Wells arcs just scream filler
    I figure he’s probably got a Gang War story in the chamber, and maybe another Norman centric arc too after the mystery. Maybe he’s got an idea for Randy and Janice’s wedding. But overall, he does seem like a stop gap writer. JRJR was the big creative announcement for this run, while it felt like Zeb Wells was kinda just tossed out there.

I figure he’s probably got a Gang War story in the chamber, and maybe another Norman centric arc too after the mystery. Maybe he’s got an idea for Randy and Janice’s wedding. But overall, he does seem like a stop gap writer. JRJR was the big creative announcement for this run, while it felt like Zeb Wells was kinda just tossed out there.
    This is the last bnd writer that will take over so we're going to building to 1000 which will most definitely be a Peter/MJ as this one should have a proper build up this time. Question is who's going to take over

Astonishing Member

This is the last bnd writer that will take over so we're going to building to 1000 which will most definitely be a Peter/MJ as this one should have a proper build up this time. Question is who's going to take over
    I wish I could share your optimism but Joe Kelly is about to write a two-part story while Slott is still overstaying his welcome on the character so it's doubtful the BND influence is going to go away even when Wells leaves.

He’s not doing anything that would preclude the next writer from immediately putting them together again though.
    Given her family history Mary Jane would never in character walk out on children who regarded her as a parent figure. (You can argue that it's not the only out of character thing she's done this run, but it would still become part of her character history that she would indeed do such a thing.) She would only do so if the father were actually abusive in which case she'd want to take the children with her. So unless they're not real children there's a big problem right there.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Given her family history Mary Jane would never in character walk out on children who regarded her as a parent figure. (You can argue that it's not the only out of character thing she's done this run, but it would still become part of her character history that she would indeed do such a thing.) She would only do so if the father were actually abusive in which case she'd want to take the children with her. So unless they're not real children there's a big problem right there.
    Yeah, but given Wells' past use of children, I have a feeling they are sacrificial lambs being lead to the slaughter. Said slaughter probably being the return of Norman as the Green Goblin or even worse Norman becoming The Goblin (Joker expy) from the Heroes Reborn universe that Mephisto built using spare parts from the distinguished competition.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker