Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Yeah, but given Wells' past use of children, I have a feeling they are sacrificial lambs being lead to the slaughter. Said slaughter probably being the return of Norman as the Green Goblin or even worse Norman becoming The Goblin (Joker expy) from the Heroes Reborn universe that Mephisto built using spare parts from the distinguished competition.
    Good one, especially considering Norman was already what the Joker would be like if his day job was being Lex Luthor.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Good one, especially considering Norman was already what the Joker would be like if his day job was being Lex Luthor.
    It fits so perfectly, I mean heck Nightbird was in Gwenverse and they brought the Black Skull (Red Skull/Venom as a Two-Face expy) back over in Avengers so having The Goblin come back wouldn't be too much of a stretch. It would simply be another consequence of Phil Coulson's harmful actions in using the Pandemonium Cube.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    This is the last bnd writer that will take over so we're going to building to 1000 which will most definitely be a Peter/MJ as this one should have a proper build up this time
    Spencer's run very much felt like a 'proper build' to ASM#900 while it was going on and we all know what happened there

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Given her family history Mary Jane would never in character walk out on children who regarded her as a parent figure. (You can argue that it's not the only out of character thing she's done this run, but it would still become part of her character history that she would indeed do such a thing.) She would only do so if the father were actually abusive in which case she'd want to take the children with her. So unless they're not real children there's a big problem right there.
    The kids are probably the biggest albatross in the book right now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The kids are probably the biggest albatross in the book right now.
    It's very easy to remove MJ from them because of the fact she has powers and could be labelled an unfit parent by child services if she endangers them with those.

Y'all missing the forest for the trees...

Bushy Browed Pete is back baybe!!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Man I know we've all said something about the Peter MJ drama but gosh this run really makes Peter feel like a creepy guy who can't get over his ex.
    It probably all ties back to the deal that was made with Mephisto in One More Day.

Both Peter and M.J. are supposed to have a desire for each other, but supposedly will never end up together permanently.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shifter View Post
    It probably all ties back to the deal that was made with Mephisto in One More Day.

Both Peter and M.J. are supposed to have a desire for each other, but supposedly will never end up together permanently.
    At this point it boils down to crap writing. Only way to explain it as you have an event that apparently sends Spider-man to hell, but know mention of his devil deal, while also having a Mephisto based story playing out over in Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    At this point it boils down to crap writing. Only way to explain it as you have an event that apparently sends Spider-man to hell, but know mention of his devil deal, while also having a Mephisto based story playing out over in Avengers.
    That last part especially aggravates me. You've got Mephisto and his 615 other counterparts making a play for total domination of the Multiverse, which may or may not have been kicked off by whatever was yielded from his bargain with Spider-Man, but Spider-Man has no involvement whatsoever in that thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That last part especially aggravates me. You've got Mephisto and his 615 other counterparts making a play for total domination of the Multiverse, which may or may not have been kicked off by whatever was yielded from his bargain with Spider-Man, but Spider-Man has no involvement whatsoever in that thus far.
    Which is exactly the point, I think he was purposely left out of that story because then they would have had to address One More Day, you can't do a Spider-Man vs. Mephisto story and not address it, it must be done and then undone and that isn't what Marvel's current crop of Editors want despite the fact that their 1970's wonderland is crumbling into the far distant past.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

BANNED

I keep low-key hoping Avengers Assemble ends with Mephisto's ultimate defeat and all of his deals are walked back on, that would make sense of the pro-marriage stories published this year like Lost Hunt and Slott's 60th tale.

That said, either Peter or Mayday are prophesised to be the ones to defeat the devil ultimately in the future, so the big Avengers battle will only just delay him if he is not vanquished. Already this big crossover battle from Aaron feels like a nothing burger.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 12-04-2022 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I keep low-key hoping Avengers Assemble ends with Mephisto's ultimate defeat and all of his deals are walked back on, that would make sense of the pro-marriage stories published this year like Lost Hunt and Slott's 60th tale.

That said, either Peter or Mayday are prophesised to be the ones to defeat the devil ultimately in the future, so the big Avengers battle will only just delay him if he is not vanquished. Already this big crossover battle from Aaron feels like a nothing burger.
    It would be pretty amazing if at the last moment Avenger Prime summons his ultimate trump card and Mayday comes swinging through a tear in time with Excalibur on her back and drives it through Earth-616's Mephisto's heart.

Incredible Member

If ASM was actually doing anything with that I’d agree but since they are avoiding tiring into this and Avengers is ignoring Spider-man’s tie to Mephisto not happening. Shame would make so much sense to tie dark web to mephisto and such but deep planning doesn’t live here anymore

It would be pretty amazing if at the last moment Avenger Prime summons his ultimate trump card and Mayday comes swinging through a tear in time with Excalibur on her back and drives it through Earth-616's Mephisto's heart.
    If only Al Ewing were writing it...

Which is exactly the point, I think he was purposely left out of that story because then they would have had to address One More Day, you can't do a Spider-Man vs. Mephisto story and not address it, it must be done and then undone and that isn't what Marvel's current crop of Editors want despite the fact that their 1970's wonderland is crumbling into the far distant past.
    Yeah . . .

Ha, yeah . . .

That would be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    If ASM was actually doing anything with that I’d agree but since they are avoiding tiring into this and Avengers is ignoring Spider-man’s tie to Mephisto not happening. Shame would make so much sense to tie dark web to mephisto and such but deep planning doesn’t live here anymore
    Sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If only Al Ewing were writing it...
    Alas.