Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    YES! Also: PAIN.
    Death is rarely painless. The Wolverine family knows best: Pain comes with Healing. Just because you CAN heal from a round of projectiles or a flurry of katana swipes doesn't mean you're lining up to endure that.
    Sure it may be temporary, or even meaningless to the newly resurrected "YOU" depending on what, if anything, you recall from the dying, but still. Ouch. That's a big pass, for me.

This is what gave me the ICKS when the YOUTH of Krakoa treated resurrection as trendy.
    Agreed. I do think there's WAYS to make it work, how characters like DJ and Pixie treated death in Way of X, for example (even without Onslaught's interference taken into account). Like someone like DJ who died at age fifteen/sixteen might very plausibly see a forced or artificial facade of cavalier-ness about death as a kind of defiance, a way of spitting in the eye of whatever fears and emotions he's still sorting through because of his death. But of course, we never saw anything like that actually play out on the page, so what we got was just 'oh death is so lol, we don't care about that.'

Nah, I think you can still have the exact same attitudes play out SUPERFICIALLY.....as a cover to mask the fact that these kids are very much Not Okay, as would be expected of kids who had to grapple with the reality of their mortality from a very early age....AFTER coming back from the dead. But like. Can we please see THAT part too???

If Rogue goes through the protocols and gets a power bump like Synch and loses control of her powers again. I. Will. Lose. My. Flipping. Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    If Rogue goes through the protocols and gets a power bump like Synch and loses control of her powers again. I. Will. Lose. My. Flipping. Mind.
    Second that! Although I really don't think KT would want that, not after spending all the time to repair and evolve her past that.

And I strongly applaud and agreed with you both Fokken and Bobbysworld on the need for death to have actual gravitas and consequences and account for the physical and emotional pain involved.

I'm so stoked for this issue next week! Love seeing all the team members getting their due!

Wouldn't Rogue technically lose her flight/invulnerability if she ever goes through resurrection protocols? ?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Wouldn't Rogue technically lose her flight/invulnerability if she ever goes through resurrection protocols? ?
    Depends on the genetic sample being used to no? I'm sure Sinister keeps an up to date gene bank.

Im not worried, Gambit will kiss Broogue and she’ll remember herself.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

this is really embarrassing for her franchise. it looks really desperate.....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    How so? Her book is 44 issues in. Unless you think her having a few X-Men in her book is "desperate" just seems like a fun crossover it's not like they paired her up with Wolverine and Cable for these few issues. It's nice seeing Carol with the X-Men again she was practically an honorary member at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    How so? Her book is 44 issues in. Unless you think her having a few X-Men in her book is "desperate" just seems like a fun crossover it's not like they paired her up with Wolverine and Cable for these few issues. It's nice seeing Carol with the X-Men again she was practically an honorary member at one point.
    You're right. That other one, no.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

This book is currently longer running than any other X-Book currently running

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Would depend if absorbing Wonder Man's powers caused them to be permanently part of her DNA.
    "Cable was right!"

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

So is it confirmed that this is where the Brood King stuff will be handled?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    So is it confirmed that this is where the Brood King stuff will be handled?
    The story over in X-Men that will be running parallel to (and possibly crossing over with?) this will be addressing Mr. Broo.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I was mainly talking about the hellfire ripoff cover. I wasn't gonna read this regardless cuz sno0ze =carol but good that this series is the same age as the old Dazzler series.

BANNED

I was mainly talking about the hellfire ripoff cover. I wasn't gonna read this regardless cuz sno0ze =carol but good that this series is the same age as the old Dazzler series.
    Yep, but 4 decades later, that's the difference. Too bad both of 'em together couldn't get A-Force past #10, though, that sucked. But hey... you'll have that.