Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Captain Marvel #44 preview

Looks good. I’ll be checking this out, X-men Red, Immortal X-men, X-treme X-men, X-Force… damn. Gonna be a big week!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

It's kinda wild how many of us suspected it wouldn't be long before Laura's healing factor helped Rogue break free but Thompson was like "yeah, no."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It's kinda wild how many of us suspected it wouldn't be long before Laura's healing factor helped Rogue break free but Thompson was like "yeah, no."
    I love how her big solution for how to get around Rogue absorbing Laura's healing factor giving the Brood the boot is....for Rogue to simply not absorb Laura's powers. It's so absurdly simple.

Which means it's ALSO almost certainly going to come into play by the end somehow.

I mean did they really have a choice in the matter? It was either Brogue absorbs Laura's healing factor and stays a Brood which means Laura's and by extension Logan's healing factor are no longer effective which would then bring up questions as to what else can slip through their healing cracks. Option 2 would be Brogue absorbs the power and is instantly healed and the story ends within a few pages.

Option 3 is the only one that keeps the story moving and doesn't directly/indirectly nerf anyone.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm happy to read more about Carol Danvers and her X-friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I love how her big solution for how to get around Rogue absorbing Laura's healing factor giving the Brood the boot is....for Rogue to simply not absorb Laura's powers. It's so absurdly simple.

Which means it's ALSO almost certainly going to come into play by the end somehow.
    "Wolverines are a tricky thing" tickles me so much. How the Brood filed that info away for later use. But I agree, it's a whole thing now so it'll likely come into play. Perhaps Laura will touch her, forcing the transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I mean did they really have a choice in the matter? It was either Brogue absorbs Laura's healing factor and stays a Brood which means Laura's and by extension Logan's healing factor are no longer effective which would then bring up questions as to what else can slip through their healing cracks. Option 2 would be Brogue absorbs the power and is instantly healed and the story ends within a few pages.

Option 3 is the only one that keeps the story moving and doesn't directly/indirectly nerf anyone.
    I was kinda thinking Rogue would be freed just before an army of Brood attacks them since last issue they said something like "where there's one, there's always more nearby." Well, that's going to happen anyway it seems from the upcoming covers.

"Wolverines are a tricky thing" tickles me so much. How the Brood filed that info away for later use. But I agree, it's a whole thing now so it'll likely come into play. Perhaps Laura will touch her, forcing the transfer.

I was kinda thinking Rogue would be freed just before an army of Brood attacks them since last issue they said something like "where there's one, there's always more nearby." Well, that's going to happen anyway it seems from the upcoming covers.
    I'm feeling like Brogue will be their commanding general lmao.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I'm feeling like Brogue will be their commanding general lmao.
    Oh lawd! Seatbelts on tight if that's the ride.

Sidenote I like the shield outline Polaris generated for her and Wolverine rather than a dome, which is what I would have expected. Refinement.

I find myself emotional whenever I see our beloved mutants NOT acting cavalier about the Resurrection Protocols. It brings me back to that very first HoX reveal with the away team going after Orchis. Those mutants paid their lives to stop Nimrod's activation. It was a incredibly striking issue -- as was the subsequent resurrection reveal. But the emotional gravitas of their respective realizations that they weren't going to make it, and how they interacted with each other in those moments was so powerful. I felt it again, very strongly, during the AXE event, when poor Egg was coerced into staying on Krakoa to be counted among those killed by the destructive wave.
    It speaks to the heart of these characters and their love for each other that despite the resources available to them ensuring their continued existence, they do not WANT their loved ones to be killed.
    They aren't advocating for the easy solution. These are people they love. You don't just Ctrl Alt Delete a person you love. I'm just so happy to see an absence of indifference to death in these moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I find myself emotional whenever I see our beloved mutants NOT acting cavalier about the Resurrection Protocols. It brings me back to that very first HoX reveal with the away team going after Orchis. Those mutants paid their lives to stop Nimrod's activation. It was a incredibly striking issue -- as was the subsequent resurrection reveal. But the emotional gravitas of their respective realizations that they weren't going to make it, and how they interacted with each other in those moments was so powerful. I felt it again, very strongly, during the AXE event, when poor Egg was coerced into staying on Krakoa to be counted among those killed by the destructive wave.
    It speaks to the heart of these characters and their love for each other that despite the resources available to them ensuring their continued existence, they do not WANT their loved ones to be killed.
    They aren't advocating for the easy solution. These are people they love. You don't just Ctrl Alt Delete a person you love. I'm just so happy to see an absence of indifference to death in these moments.
    standing ovation!

Also…

Four pages in, and every character gets a moment? What!? A real TEAM dynamic and it’s in a solo adventure book? This is HOW TO DO IT.

Excellent, and I’m stoked for next Wednesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

Same, I liked it too. Not only for its beautifully smart simplicity in concept, but also for the premeditative aspect, when it comes to fans.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    standing ovation!

Also…

Four pages in, and every character gets a moment? What!? A real TEAM dynamic and it’s in a solo adventure book? This is HOW TO DO IT.

Excellent, and I’m stoked for next Wednesday.
    *Absolute* DITTO!!

I love how caring & concerned Gambit is shown to be, and not just for Rogue, understandably... but for Laura, as well.
    Also, Polaris' leader-like assuredness & quick-thinking abilities, along w/Wolverine's instincts & intuitiveness, being readily on display. I can see their fathers in both of 'em.
    And Carol, of course, is portrayed as capable as ever, but not perfect & overbearingly bossy. Despite being strong-willed, she remains open-minded & willing to listen.

CAN'T WAIT 2C how this PLAYs OUT!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Exactly! Death, even with the resurrection protocols, has the possibility for loss - lost memories and moments not preserved by the back-ups (such as the whole issue with younger Laura and Everett, before the recent X-Men issue....death still impacted them and their relationship and cost them something), the loss of time spent with loved ones when resurrection isn't instantaneous or the lost time of everyone who gets bumped back DOWN the queue every time an A-lister has to be resurrected for the fourth time that week.....

My biggest gripe with the protocols has always been the approach the writers have taken with how mutants view death now. Personally, I think many mutants would see life as even MORE precious, having died at least once or having a visceral awareness of death now. Just because you CAN come back if you absolutely have to doesn't mean you WANT to have to, and I'd argue that there'd be plenty of mutants who would be even more hyperconscious of staying out of the protocols as much as they possibly can....

Because who appreciates life more than people who have intimate knowledge of having already died and thus missed out on life to ANY degree?

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Exactly! Death, even with the resurrection protocols, has the possibility for loss - lost memories and moments not preserved by the back-ups (such as the whole issue with younger Laura and Everett, before the recent X-Men issue....death still impacted them and their relationship and cost them something), the loss of time spent with loved ones when resurrection isn't instantaneous or the lost time of everyone who gets bumped back DOWN the queue every time an A-lister has to be resurrected for the fourth time that week.....

My biggest gripe with the protocols has always been the approach the writers have taken with how mutants view death now. Personally, I think many mutants would see life as even MORE precious, having died at least once or having a visceral awareness of death now. Just because you CAN come back if you absolutely have to doesn't mean you WANT to have to, and I'd argue that there'd be plenty of mutants who would be even more hyperconscious of staying out of the protocols as much as they possibly can....

Because who appreciates life more than people who have intimate knowledge of having already died and thus missed out on life to ANY degree?
    YES! Also: PAIN.
    Death is rarely painless. The Wolverine family knows best: Pain comes with Healing. Just because you CAN heal from a round of projectiles or a flurry of katana swipes doesn't mean you're lining up to endure that.
    Sure it may be temporary, or even meaningless to the newly resurrected "YOU" depending on what, if anything, you recall from the dying, but still. Ouch. That's a big pass, for me.

This is what gave me the ICKS when the YOUTH of Krakoa treated resurrection as trendy.