Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Default Superior Spider-Man Returns Preview

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Kinda always thought his 1st suit with the protruding glass eyes was ugly as sin. I much prefer the Alex Ross like 2nd suit with black lenses.

Astonishing Member

Wasn't Alchemax founded in Superior Spider-Man #19? But Superior Spider-Man had already switched over to his second costume in #14.

Astonishing Member

Script by Christos Gage.

Old habits die hard

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Kinda always thought his 1st suit with the protruding glass eyes was ugly as sin. I much prefer the Alex Ross like 2nd suit with black lenses.
    same here, on both counts
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I'm stoked about this.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Slyde showing up reminds me of the 2017 Spider-Man show that had him in the same season as when they adapted the Superior arc.

I hated "guy in the chair" Otto.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

It’s trippy having the opening summary page from the original run, it does feel like a lost issue lol

You know, it would actually be pretty funny if this equation Otto is trying to remember from the Superior Spider-Man days is just a way of turning himself back into Doctor Octopus without needing a middleman like Mephisto.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Fantastic Member

... Ottos about to severely screw up again, ain't he?

im hoping the superior Spiderman suits will be in the ps5 game cause im not really feeling the new original suits
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Does time work the same? It's 2023, Spider-Boy is currently 10 years old...

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    im hoping the superior Spiderman suits will be in the ps5 game cause im not really feeling the new original suits
    I think they revealed it during one of the recent trailers. It comes with three pallet swaps, one of which makes it look like the Superior Octopus suit, well...the color scheme anyways. There is also a blue/black version of the Superior outfit that looks pretty neat.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 10-05-2023 at 10:54 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Script by Christos Gage.

Old habits die hard
    Hi! If you follow me on social media, I've pretty much been touting Chris as a co-writer for this issue for a couple of months now.

There was a point in the process where getting all of the classic Superior Spider-Man creators (Stegman, Ramos, and Camuncoli) but not Chris would've felt weird.

I did script the modern day/Bagley sequences myself, but as soon as we hit the flashback/Superior-Era sections-- that's both of us co-writing the special.

And, honestly, it did make my life a little easier because Marvel decided to up the page count for both SPIDER-BOY #1 and SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #1 to 30 page issues. That's 60 pages of material for November. So having Chris join in on the 40 page SSM:RETURNS special was a relief, and it made plotting and scripting those other 60 pages a bit easier for me.

If you look at when/where Chris has come in to help me co-write issues of any project, it's almost always when I go over two issues a month. Sometimes that's when I'm off working on something like the 80 page ASM #800. Or when there are over-sized Alpha or Omega issues added to a multi-part storyline. Or just a random convergence of too many things (writing an extra Free Comic Book Day or Point One issue while also writing two issues of ASM and a Silver Surfer all in one month). It's not anything I feel off about, mainly because I enjoy working with Chris, I like my job, but I also understand my limitations about how many pages I can script in one month. I really would like to write it all myself, but I also understand Marvel's needs as a publisher to get the books on the racks. It really is once in a blue moon though-- and no different from JMS co-writing with Fiona Avery or DeMatteis co-writing with Giffen. People do co-write books. This is nothing new or strange. And every time I do work with Chris he's credited, and every time he gets half the paycheck. But, more importantly, every time it's twice the fun for the both of us.
    Last edited by Dan Slott; 10-05-2023 at 11:20 PM.

Astonishing Member

I prefer the first Superior Spider-Man suit to the second. Two of the best Spider-Man costumes ever. Added this and the ongoing to my pull list. Looking forward to both as a fan of the Superior Spider-Man, SpOck. Cheers, Dan Slott.