Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

What if... Spider-Man and Black Cat had a child? (this one I'm actually surprised there isn't a au spidey that is their child already existing)

What if... Araña became Captain Marvel?

What if... Araña never lost her original powers?

What if... Liz Allan were bitten by the spider?

What if... Spider-Man had succesfully change his check as Spider-Man?

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

What If...Spider-Girl fought the Superior Spider-Man?!

During her clash with the villain Spyral, May "Mayday" Parker follows him into the past but finds herself in a world where not only are her parents not married let alone together but Otto Octavius has inhabited the body of her father in some insane attempt to prove himself the "Superior" Spider-Man. Though Spyral is on the loose, Mayday takes matters into her own hands to defeat Otto and restore Peter back to normal leading to the battle of the century: Spider-Girl vs. The Superior Spider-Man!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    What If...Spider-Girl fought the Superior Spider-Man?!

During her clash with the villain Spyral, May "Mayday" Parker follows him into the past but finds herself in a world where not only are her parents not married let alone together but Otto Octavius has inhabited the body of her father in some insane attempt to prove himself the "Superior" Spider-Man. Though Spyral is on the loose, Mayday takes matters into her own hands to defeat Otto and restore Peter back to normal leading to the battle of the century: Spider-Girl vs. The Superior Spider-Man!
    That would be such a spectacularly stunning story.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be such a spectacularly stunning story.
    I don't know, doesn't sound similar to when Mayday had to fought Norman inside his father's body? (Boy, I don't ever want to see something like that again!!).

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I don't know, doesn't sound similar to when Mayday had to fought Norman inside his father's body? (Boy, I don't ever want to see something like that again!!).
    Oh, yeah, that was a trip.

I'm reading the Cloak and Dagger epic collection, and in it Punisher (as well as Cloak and Dagger) are trying to kill the Kingpin.

That is actually my What If : What if the Kingpin was killed.

So I don't want Spider-man or Daredevil to do the deed, but someone else. I don't even need Spider-man or Daredevil to have failed to protect the Kingpin. Kingpin dies because he has enemies, what is the shakeup in New York.

And this could be a multi faceted story, depending on who you want to kill the Kingpin. Different people killing him have different outcomes.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Speaking of the Kingpin, What If the Kingpin had never switched his focus to Daredevil. Imagine him going on Daredevil: Born again and pushing Peter to the brink. I know we got a small taste of that when Aunt May was shot, but I'm talking about Fisk targeting ALL of Peter's friends and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    I'm reading the Cloak and Dagger epic collection, and in it Punisher (as well as Cloak and Dagger) are trying to kill the Kingpin.

That is actually my What If : What if the Kingpin was killed.

So I don't want Spider-man or Daredevil to do the deed, but someone else. I don't even need Spider-man or Daredevil to have failed to protect the Kingpin. Kingpin dies because he has enemies, what is the shakeup in New York.

And this could be a multi faceted story, depending on who you want to kill the Kingpin. Different people killing him have different outcomes.
    Given the tendencies of a What If? comic, I expect much carnage (lowercase "c") on the streets of New York, since the justification for keeping Kingpin around in the first place was that he kept s*** in the criminal underworld relatively controlled and disciplined, and with him dead, the more ambitious and less cautious underbosses would war on each other to take over as the Kingpin of Crime, heedless of innocent casualties or uninvolved bystanders.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Speaking of the Kingpin, What If the Kingpin had never switched his focus to Daredevil. Imagine him going on Daredevil: Born again and pushing Peter to the brink. I know we got a small taste of that when Aunt May was shot, but I'm talking about Fisk targeting ALL of Peter's friends and loved ones.
    And also doing to Peter what he did to Matt in Born Again, what with making him out to be a fraud and a liar . . . which Peter technically couldn't deny because he was essentially getting paid for what we today would call selfies while passing his alter ego off as a separate person from himself.

Astonishing Member

What If… Ben Reilly Hadn’t Died in ‘Revelations”?

Ben manages to avoid the glider and the two Spideys subdue Norman and turn him over to the authorities…. after Peter interrogates him about his missing baby of course. Suddenly, there’s two webslingers representing New York. But they’re on a mission to rescue Peter’s baby from the clutches of the Scriers and Alison Mongrain at any cost. Ben also has to deal with the revelation that Seward rigged the tests and he may be the clone after all. Along the way they link up with Kaine in the Mediterranean and all hell breaks lose as they take down Norman’s European crime empire that he had built up during the years he was believed dead. Peter does eventually find his baby and brings her home to MJ. Peter occasionally goes out as Spidey but is torn by his parenting duties. Ben picks up most of the Spidey slack. Maybe they share the webslinging with a ratio of Peter 30%, Ben 70%. New York is confused why there’s seemingly two Spideys, but hey who cares? A happy ending as Ben comes to terms with his clone heritage and gets in a longterm relationship with Desiree (yep, I’ll ship them), and Peter grows as a father allowing Ben to take over more and more of the heroics while he focuses on dirty diapers and a baby that can crawl up the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post

Ben manages to avoid the glider and the two Spideys subdue Norman and turn him over to the authorities…. after Peter interrogates him about his missing baby of course. Suddenly, there’s two webslingers representing New York. But they’re on a mission to rescue Peter’s baby from the clutches of the Scriers and Alison Mongrain at any cost. Ben also has to deal with the revelation that Seward rigged the tests and he may be the clone after all. Along the way they link up with Kaine in the Mediterranean and all hell breaks lose as they take down Norman’s European crime empire that he had built up during the years he was believed dead. Peter does eventually find his baby and brings her home to MJ. Peter occasionally goes out as Spidey but is torn by his parenting duties. Ben picks up most of the Spidey slack. Maybe they share the webslinging with a ratio of Peter 30%, Ben 70%. New York is confused why there’s seemingly two Spideys, but hey who cares? A happy ending as Ben comes to terms with his clone heritage and gets in a longterm relationship with Desiree (yep, I’ll ship them), and Peter grows as a father allowing Ben to take over more and more of the heroics while he focuses on dirty diapers and a baby that can crawl up the walls.
    That would have been a much better ending. Alas, if it were an officially published What If? I could see s*** going from bad to worse, culminating in even worse tragedy compared to 616 canon.

Astonishing Member

That would solve too many problems. Precisely, why Marvel doesn’t do it.

It’s also why Peter never works Miles for more than two issues.

It's a LOT like MC2 tbh....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    It's a LOT like MC2 tbh....
    Which was great. Although Ben still died in that continuity.

Which was great. Although Ben still died in that continuity.
    Though at least he was remembered as a hero, and he turned out to have a son, better known to most as the Daredevil-inspired demonic vigilante Darkdevil.