Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

What if Norman died in Amazing Spider-Man #74 and the clone of Harry Osborn became the Gold Goblin?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    What if Norman died in Amazing Spider-Man #74 and the clone of Harry Osborn became the Gold Goblin?
    That would be interesting. Hell, what if clone!Harry was an attempt by A.I.!Harry to properly revive himself, but the clone developed his own consciousness before A.I.!Harry could download into his body?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

What If...Mary Jane Watson-Parker had become the new Captain Marvel during CIVIL WAR?

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    What If...Mary Jane Watson-Parker had become the new Captain Marvel during CIVIL WAR?

I loved those "MJ as various superheroes" variant covers from 2017 and 2019. Fun times.

What if Spider-man's secret identity was revealed by Dr. Octopus?

There's actually two different takes on this I'd like to see.
    1) The second time Spider-man fought Dr. Octopus, he was defeated and unmasked. Thankfully, because his powers had been basically shut down due to him being sick nobody thought Peter was really Spider-man. But what if he was just a little touch less sick and he still had enough power to make it obvious he was the real thing before Dr. Octopus unmasked him. How would loosing his secret identity have affected him that early in his career?

2) Second take, during the Superior Spider-man era, Otto decides that he's not going to play that whole secret identity game. He's going public with who he is. How badly would that mess up Peter's life when he finally took it back?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    What if Spider-man's secret identity was revealed by Dr. Octopus?

There's actually two different takes on this I'd like to see.
    1) The second time Spider-man fought Dr. Octopus, he was defeated and unmasked. Thankfully, because his powers had been basically shut down due to him being sick nobody thought Peter was really Spider-man. But what if he was just a little touch less sick and he still had enough power to make it obvious he was the real thing before Dr. Octopus unmasked him. How would loosing his secret identity have affected him that early in his career?

2) Second take, during the Superior Spider-man era, Otto decides that he's not going to play that whole secret identity game. He's going public with who he is. How badly would that mess up Peter's life when he finally took it back?
    for the second take it depends on what happen to Peter loves ones during otto time as spiderman if he protects them and they are fine then Peter should be ok
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

What If...Peter became Chasm instead of Ben? (I am trying to get ahead of Marvel on this one)
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I loved those "MJ as various superheroes" variant covers from 2017 and 2019. Fun times.
    And people say that MJ isn’t just fan service.

What If...Ben Reilly was unmasked during the Clone Saga?

Peter and Mary Jane's happily ever after is put on hold after Ben gets unmasked on live television during a fight with Kaine!
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 02-05-2023 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    She's got decades of character development and growth behind her, so indeed, she isn't just fanservice, even if it seems some people --- both at Marvel and within the fandom --- would rather dismiss her as that to prop up whoever else they think ought to be Peter Parker's chief love interest.

What If...Mary Jane became the Black Cat?

Mary Jane Watson was an orphan taken in by the notorious thief Walter Hardy. She learned the tools of the trade from her adoptive father alongside her sister Felicia and fought to survive in a world that did not care for her. And then...years later...she met him. The Spider who would change her life forever.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 02-05-2023 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post

What If...Mary Jane became the Black Cat?

Mary Jane Watson was an orphan taken in by the notorious thief Walter Hardy. She learned the tools of the trade from her adoptive father alongside her sister Felicia and fought to survive in a world that did not care for her. And then...years later...she met him. The Spider who would change her life forever.
    That would be interesting. Very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    What if Mary Jane were Firestar;
    a) and was one of the original X-men?
    b) her powers manifested at the same time as Kitty Pryde's (ie X-Men 130) when she dropped out of the Spider-man books for a couple of years at the end of the 70s?
    That would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    What if Ewing or Cates got hired to write Spider-Man instead of Wells?
    Ewing would go Scifi while Cates might introduce a Spider-God (Anansi) for Peter to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    For all the love Marvel lavish on Gwen...the fact that "What If..." issue where she survived the bridge attack and married Peter still hasn't been given a series of it's own that explored what happened next with Peter on the run and publicly
    That's probably the next Spider-Gwen miniseries.

Quote Originally Posted by deadboy80 View Post
    What if... Peter really had been the clone?

What if...Spiderman was a mutant?
    The latter could be fun as maybe he contemplated living at the Xavier Mansion or hang out with the Morlocks.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-05-2023 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    She is for sure but she is in my category of sexy character who then gets character development.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    That would be interesting.

Ewing would go Scifi while Cates might introduce a Spider-God (Anansi) for Peter to fight.

That's probably the next Spider-Gwen miniseries.

The latter could be fun as maybe he contemplated living at the Xavier Mansion or hang out with the Morlocks.
    From what I recall, Anansi was already hinted at by JMS's Spider-Man run as "the first Spider-Man" and the source of the Spider-Totem that empowered Peter Parker in particular.