Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Spidey WHAT-IF's you wanna see?

What if

Goblin killed Mary Jane instead of Gwen?

Kraven hunted symbiote era spidey?

Spidey and Iron man had stayed Superior? (includes Doom-Iron man)

Others?

Fantastic Member

I’d be interested in a
    “What if The Goblin Serum didn’t turn Norman Osborn Violently Evil” story.
    Story would work best if Norman was still a huge jerk, but became a super hero who vied with Iron Man for the “top tech hero” spot. You could explore how Gwen and Peter’s relationship worked out without her death. Harry could still feel extreme pressure from his father to measure up to him and maybe he was inspired to take greater risks as a hero himself, inspired by Spider-Man, and get seriously injured, creating tension between Spider-Man and Norman in costume

Mighty Member

Thanks for the quick reply! Your idea sounds great. Kraven vs symbiote would be interesting if he actually killed Peter and the symbiote reanimated his corpse...

What If... MJ accepted Pete's marriage proposal the first time?

Mighty Member

mmm, that's a good one too. (Geez, she was still using words like "groovy" and swinger in the 80's?) What year was that? It'd probably involve Puma, Rose and other 80's folks...

Extraordinary Member

What if Eddie had actually killed Peter in his first outing as Venom.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Mighty Member

What if Peter died in Spider-verse and Miles became the official replacement? (or Gwen, or Japanese Spidey or...)

What if future PP/MJ had a SON instead of Mayday?

At the end of Spider-Island, Madame Web approached Peter and told him he could use the vial to cure the Spider-Virus and get rid of his powers. He immediately declined. What if he said yes?

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    mmm, that's a good one too. (Geez, she was still using words like "groovy" and swinger in the 80's?) What year was that? It'd probably involve Puma, Rose and other 80's folks...
    1978, actually. But thanks, anyway.

Mighty Member

(thanks) What if Spidey was killed by... Rocket Racer? (or some other D-lister?) It could be like the classic BTAS episode - The Man who killed Batman. The D-grade baddie could be a "made man" and rise in the criminal ranks only to be killed by someone seeking a name for themselves. A number of stories featuring D-listers could be done. Some dark, some funny.

Also - What if Spidey died saving a bad guy from Scourge?
    Last edited by AnthonyO'Brien; 12-01-2022 at 03:47 PM.

What if Mary Jane were Firestar;
    a) and was one of the original X-men?
    b) her powers manifested at the same time as Kitty Pryde's (ie X-Men 130) when she dropped out of the Spider-man books for a couple of years at the end of the 70s?

What if Mayday were unbeknownst to everyone concerned alive in the Renew Your Vows continuity?

What if the Rhino hadn't nearly killed Spider-man on Peter and MJ's first outing together?

What if MJ and Peter were still married in Dark Reign, but the spell still made Norman Osborn forget Peter was Spider-man, and Mary Jane went to work for Norman as a spy for the Avengers?

What if Peter and MJ were together, and there was no Parker Industries, while MJ was working for Tony Stark?
    Last edited by Daibhidh; 12-01-2022 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    At the end of Spider-Island, Madame Web approached Peter and told him he could use the vial to cure the Spider-Virus and get rid of his powers. He immediately declined. What if he said yes?
    That's one of my preferred scenarios for MJ being chosen as the chief spider-totem; along with MJ getting bitten at the science fair instead of Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    That's one of my preferred scenarios for MJ being chosen as the chief spider-totem; along with MJ getting bitten at the science fair instead of Peter.
    I know, right?! So much potential (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    What if Mayday were unbeknownst to everyone concerned alive in the Renew Your Vows continuity?
    Not really a What If, since it could technically happen in mainstream continuity; it's just not ever going to: what if Peter found Mayday existed and was still alive in the current Earth-616 continuity?
    Slightly more likely, what if Peter found Mayday but didn't realise who she was, and Luke Cage and Jessica Jones ended up adopting her and then once she'd settled in they all found out who she was?
    (I keep calling Mayday Gwen in my head because it seems to me that Norman Osborn, knowing Aunt May was actually alive, would have renamed her being the thoughtful soul he is.)

Also, not a What If at all, but I would like to see stories set during the 60s or 70s centring on MJ where she knows Peter is Spider-man but Peter doesn't know she knows. I think Conway's Parallel Lives missed a chance here.

What if Norman Osborn hadn't gained the goblin serum?

In our reality, Norman had Mendel Stromm arrested for stealing company funds. After this, he discovered what would become the goblin serum in Stromm's notes. Now suppose Stromm had perfected the serum BEFORE Norman tried to have him arrested. Now we get to see a world without the Green Goblin and a world where the father of Peter's best friend is hunted by a scientific genius with enhanced strength and intelligence. How would Peter's life change if his friend Harry never tried to take up the goblin identity and Gwen was never thrown to her death. Could Norman have become an ally much sooner?