Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

One that's been circling around in my head for years but would probably be absolutely impossible to do in a "fun" way: What if the fall from the bridge didn't actually kill Gwen, but rendered her quadriplegic for the rest of her life?
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

BANNED

For all the love Marvel lavish on Gwen...the fact that "What If..." issue where she survived the bridge attack and married Peter still hasn't been given a series of it's own that explored what happened next with Peter on the run and publicly exposed.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    One that's been circling around in my head for years but would probably be absolutely impossible to do in a "fun" way: What if the fall from the bridge didn't actually kill Gwen, but rendered her quadriplegic for the rest of her life?
    Oh, that would be some epic tragedy that could be wrung out. And hell, "What Ifs?" aren't known for being fun in the first place, so I wouldn't see exploring this scenario as much of a problem in that context.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    For all the love Marvel lavish on Gwen...the fact that "What If..." issue where she survived the bridge attack and married Peter still hasn't been given a series of it's own that explored what happened next with Peter on the run and publicly exposed.
    That would have been something, yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Wouldn't it just end with them selling their marriage to Mephisto?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    They did that in Universe X: Spidey, although it was just an illusion created by the Spiders Man.
    Oh, crap! I need to reread that, apparently! lol

edit:

Oh, wait! Nevermind!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    What if Carolyn Trainer had failed to revive Otto Octavius?
    So thought again and... realized I should explain this.

Carolyn(who later became Lady Octopus) was Otto's student, and at a point in comics where Otto was physically dead, Carolyn took a digital copy of his personality and used that to create a resurrected version of him which reclaimed the doctor Octopus title from Carolyn and went on to later do stuff like Superior Spiderman.

So... what would the world be like if she'd FAILED? what if the digital copy of Otto had been lost? Or worse... corrupted as she tried to bring him back? What if she was unable to make a clean transfer and the end result was... well.. irrecoverably damaged?

What if... Peter really had been the clone?

What if...Morbius had turned superman into a vampire?

What if...Peter Parker focused on his life first, Spiderman second?

What if...Miguel O'Hara became Venom of the past?

What if...Spiderman was a mutant?

What if...Eddie Brock had killed Spiderman the first time they fought?

Quote Originally Posted by deadboy80 View Post
    What if... Peter really had been the clone?
    Now this one they sort of did this one. In Paradise X: Heralds they introduced an alternate version of Spider-Girl (Mayday Parker) from Earth-1122 whose father had always been the clone. Seeing as how she never makes mention of her "Uncle Ben" in the series, I am beginning to think that this is a world where the real Peter died in the smokestack, Ben went on to live Peter's life and the events of Clone Saga unfolded in a completely different way, ending with Ben giving up the Spidey thing to raise Mayday with MJ.

Mayday and Wolvie.jpg
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

What if Peter and Jessica Jones had started dating while in high school?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    What if Peter and Jessica Jones had started dating while in high school?
    That would have been an interesting one to see. I was always saddened that Peter's attempt to empathize with Jessica after her family died went so poorly, though my version would have had him chasing after her as Spider-Man and finding her sitting on the (accidentally) knocked-out Scorpion, at which point he'd express what he meant to say and smooth things over with her, which would have led to a deeper friendship, if not a romance. It certainly could have made the Purple Man situation much better, as he'd have been looking for her the whole time and likely could have found her before Purple Man sent her to Avengers Mansion.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

(spider verse) Gay 60s Peter. Has another identity he has to keep secret. Finds an "amazing friend" in iceman..

Incredible Member

What if the Goblin Glider impaled Peter in PP:SM issue 75 and he died, while Ben lived and continued on as Spider-Man? How would the last 2 decades in storylines would had been with Ben be different?
    Last edited by Blanks; 01-07-2023 at 07:46 PM.

What If...The Scarlet Spider had been a clone of Mary Jane infused with Spider-Powers?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post

What If...The Scarlet Spider had been a clone of Mary Jane infused with Spider-Powers?
    This is very close to something I'd love to write for Marvel. MJ wouldn't be a clone, though.

-Pav, who doesn't want to say too much more...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    This is very close to something I'd love to write for Marvel. MJ wouldn't be a clone, though.

-Pav, who doesn't want to say too much more...
    That visual though... Pete knows tonight will be memorable....