Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    From what I recall, Anansi was already hinted at by JMS's Spider-Man run as "the first Spider-Man" and the source of the Spider-Totem that empowered Peter Parker in particular.
    Hmm then Ewing might pay off that thread.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

What If...ONE MORE DAY?

Galactus attacks Earth during the events of OMD, completely derailing Mephisto's plan to acquire Peter and Mary Jane's marriage, however...the star-crossed lovers may only still have One More Day after all when Mary Jane decides to follow the same path Norrin Radd blazed before her...the path of the Herald of Galactus! What Will Peter Do?!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Hmm then Ewing might pay off that thread.
    That could work.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post

What If...ONE MORE DAY?

Galactus attacks Earth during the events of OMD, completely derailing Mephisto's plan to acquire Peter and Mary Jane's marriage, however...the star-crossed lovers may only still have One More Day after all when Mary Jane decides to follow the same path Norrin Radd blazed before her...the path of the Herald of Galactus! What Will Peter Do?!
    Wow . . .

(Good wow, by the way.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That could work.

Wow . . .

(Good wow, by the way.)
    Thanks! I thought this would be a way more interesting OMD than what we got.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    What if

Spidey died/never returned from Secret Wars?
    That was actually covered in a what if where the heroes never returned from Battleworld. Spider-Man became more and more distant and creepy. It was revealed that the Venom Symbiote completely consumed him.

What If...Captain Universe killed The Juggernaut?

William Nguyen kills The Juggernaut using The Enigma Force, dooming New York City in the process. Spider-Man manages to survive the cataclysmic earthquake that swallows NYC whole but finds that Aunt May and his friends all died in the incident. Nguyen, driven mad by the power of Captain Universe, retains the power within his body and becomes an Avengers-level threat that Spider-Man has decided to throw all his morals aside in the pursuit of killing. Peter is utterly defeated by Nguyen and is forced to retreat when The Mighty Avengers return with SHIELD at their beck and call. The Sentry and Captain Universe clash for days when The Hulk returns from space in his Worldbreaker form, killing both Nguyen and the weakened Sentry in the process. A demoralized Peter, having quit being Spider-Man following the tragic events of The Juggernaut's demise, reconciles with Mary Jane, his only surviving friend in the world, and regains his memories of a life together they thought lost forever. In the darkness, Mephisto applauds the Enigma Force for daring to sacrifice an entire city full of innocent people in the pursuit of overthrowing Mephisto's greatest victory and promises to uphold Mary Jane's demand to never interfere in Peter's life again...much to his eternal regret.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 02-05-2023 at 09:57 PM.

What If...Ben Reilly was unmasked during the Clone Saga?

Peter and Mary Jane's happily ever after is put on hold after Ben gets unmasked on live television during a fight with Kaine!
    I like this!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

What if Johnny Storm and Peter Parker exchanged powers permanently? Would Peter consider it an upgrade and Johnny a downgrade?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

What If...the Carnage Cosmic found Baby May?

Shortly after taking control of the Silver Surfer, the Carnage symbiote's newfound Power Cosmic abilities detect a familiar presence, causing the symbiote to loudly declare that he has learned of Spider-Man's secret child. This alarms Peter who tries to pursue the symbiote as it makes its way for Alison Mongraine's houseboat in a nearby harbor. Peter barely manages to get to the boat ahead of Carnage and finds Mongraine with his daughter, May, who is in the midst of being rescued by Kaine. Taking his child back, Peter and Kaine must work together to evade both the Power Cosmic-infused Carnage Cosmic and the Scrier Cultists who seek to use Mayday for one of their dark rituals.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

What If...the Carnage Cosmic found Baby May?

Shortly after taking control of the Silver Surfer, the Carnage symbiote's newfound Power Cosmic abilities detect a familiar presence, causing the symbiote to loudly declare that he has learned of Spider-Man's secret child. This alarms Peter who tries to pursue the symbiote as it makes its way for Alison Mongraine's houseboat in a nearby harbor. Peter barely manages to get to the boat ahead of Carnage and finds Mongraine with his daughter, May, who is in the midst of being rescued by Kaine. Taking his child back, Peter and Kaine must work together to evade both the Power Cosmic-infused Carnage Cosmic and the Scrier Cultists who seek to use Mayday for one of their dark rituals.
    That could have been something good. Very good.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I would like to see more of the Six Arm Spidey.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

What If...Peter Parker had married Betty Brant?

Does Peter focus on journalism over science? Does Ned Leeds still fall into the clutches of the Hobgoblin? Does Flash Thompson's life completely fall apart?

What If...Mayday and Miles grew up together in the world of Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows?

An alternate MC2/Ultimate Universe fusion reality where the events of RYV eventually played out...except before Annie-May Parker became Spiderling her older sister Mayday and the third Spider-Man, Miles Morales, trained under the tutelage of the one, true Spider-Man!
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 02-06-2023 at 03:57 PM.

Astonishing Member

One of the most famous What Ifs… is “What if Baby May had lived?” …

But I think just as interesting would be “What if Ben Reilly had lived?” First, it would be great seeing a repowered Peter and now confident Ben sharing the Spidey role. And best of all, none of that NuJackal/Chasm nonsense that followed Ben’s resurrection would’ve occurred.

What If...Peter Parker had been bit by a radioactive spider in a world where the Squadron Supreme were Earth's Mightiest Heroes?

Peter, seeking to avenge the death of his Aunt May, tries to kill Hyperion as the Amazing Spider-Man! But fails...

Also...

What If Mayday broke bad?!
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 02-06-2023 at 07:12 PM.