Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post

What If...Peter Parker had been bit by a radioactive spider in a world where the Squadron Supreme were Earth's Mightiest Heroes?

Peter, seeking to avenge the death of his Aunt May, tries to kill Hyperion as the Amazing Spider-Man! But fails...

Also...

What If Mayday broke bad?!
    Hmm, first could be interesting and would be the expected outcome, given how much understandable, even justifiable, anger Peter secretly held toward Hyperion in that altered universe. As for the second . . . well, not sure how I'd feel about that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hmm, first could be interesting and would be the expected outcome, given how much understandable, even justifiable, anger Peter secretly held toward Hyperion in that altered universe. As for the second . . . well, not sure how I'd feel about that.
    The second one would probably be too dark, like...Spawn levels of dark.

What If...Venom joined forces with Mister E?

Venom takes over Peter's body and joins forces with Mister E to help drown the world in darkness and usher in the Age of Knull!

What If...Peter killed Ben during Time Bomb?!

Ben, desperate to stop Peter, makes the ultimate sacrifice!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

The second one would probably be too dark, like...Spawn levels of dark.

What If...Venom joined forces with Mister E?

Venom takes over Peter's body and joins forces with Mister E to help drown the world in darkness and usher in the Age of Knull!

What If...Peter killed Ben during Time Bomb?!

Ben, desperate to stop Peter, makes the ultimate sacrifice!
    Both of those could be interestingly horrific, or horrifically interesting.

What If...Miles Morales retained the Uni-Power of Captain Universe?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Astonishing Member

I don't know if I already posted this one, but...

"What If... Mary Jane would have become Silk instead of Cindy Moon?".

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post

more sex with mj would happen just non stop
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post

Now, that's a great What If?"
    --jthree

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    more sex with mj would happen just non stop
    I doubt if they can top Arachne and Spider-Herc though…

Gotta give credit to Emma for having seen it all.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I doubt if they can top Arachne and Spider-Herc though…

Gotta give credit to Emma for having seen it all.
    That was one of the more fun Spider-Island tie-ins.

What if Peter was the father of Gwen's child/children?
    What if Jessica Jones was bitten by the spider?
    What if Nick Fury was bitten and became a Spyder?
    What if Peter was May's uncle instead of her nephew?
    What if Jameson was Old Man Spider?

What If...Spider-Man: Professional Bowling League Tournament Arc!

A Shonen manga inspired universe where Peter Parker, his wife Mary Jane and best friend Randy Robertson form a team for a professional bowling tournament and battle their way to the top against wacky characters such as Eddie Brock, Norman Osborn and the enigmatic Ben Reilly!

I have always wondered...

What If...Peter Parker quit being Spider-Man during CIVIL WAR?

I have always wondered...

What If...Peter Parker quit being Spider-Man during CIVIL WAR?
    That’s rich with potential. Does he just hang up the webs and stay in New York, or take cue from Ben Grimm and go overseas?

There’s two points of divergence that would be interesting for a What If? Superior Spider-Man story:

What If Carlie shot and killed Peter-as-Otto, leaving a Spider-Man with no trace of Peter to hold him back. And of course what if Peter manages to reclaim his identity the first time around, so he’s the one to face the challenges Otto faced instead. I guess he’d actually join the Mighty Avengers at the outset and also not screw over Horizon, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    That’s rich with potential. Does he just hang up the webs and stay in New York, or take cue from Ben Grimm and go overseas?
    I imagine it starting out as Peter staying in New York but Tony's continued attempts to force Peter into becoming a SHIELD enforcer eventually result in Peter's decision to go overseas...to Europe, where Peter encounters Kaine, who has been hunting the Scrier Cult in an attempt to retrieve Peter and Mary Jane's daughter...May. Dun Dun DUN! And then the rest of the story is Peter and Kaine saving Mayday from the clutches of the Scriers, there's a big happy family reunion and...since this is WHAT IF? a news report of a massive Annihilation Wave ship crash landing in New York City during the final battle between Steve and Tony starts playing on all channels.

I imagine it starting out as Peter staying in New York but Tony's continued attempts to force Peter into becoming a SHIELD enforcer eventually result in Peter's decision to go overseas...to Europe, where Peter encounters Kaine, who has been hunting the Scrier Cult in an attempt to retrieve Peter and Mary Jane's daughter...May. Dun Dun DUN! And then the rest of the story is Peter and Kaine saving Mayday from the clutches of the Scriers, there's a big happy family reunion and...since this is WHAT IF? a news report of a massive Annihilation Wave ship crash landing in New York City during the final battle between Steve and Tony starts playing on all channels.
    So you're saying Tony & Steve die (assuming What If? Annihilation is the template, here).

It's an intersting idea feels like it'd be going a bit into the weeds for a What if? by going back to an earlier status quo, much as I'd like to see Mayday's return. Although you could also just have Peter try using all the Avengers' resources to try and find the baby.

Actually, speaking of earlier status quo, what happens if Mary Jane winds up going into premature labour during the Onslaught crisis and she winds up delivering a healthy baby, completely scuppering Osborn's plans for vengeance (since Peter likely isn't going to leave MJ or the baby's side once she's born and he hangs up the webs). Or heck, if Peter dies at any point after ASM 122. Like if Kraven or Venom gets to him first, what does Norman do with himself? Especially if it predates Harry's death?