Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    That being said, tracking and pre-sales aren't so high. Which is a bit surprising.
    Backlash from Quantumania.

Too much MCU humor has hurt the brand IMO. Love and Thunder, She-Hulk, and Ms. Marvel has soured some fans IMO.

Saw this at an early screening last night and I really enjoyed it. I think it was a great ending for the current team!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Ha crap you are correct.
    Batman repeated it at the end of the movie

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Batman repeated it at the end of the movie

This is also true. Anyways I always thought it was a great line.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Saw this at an early screening last night and I really enjoyed it. I think it was a great ending for the current team!
    I just got back from the first showing and enjoyed it also. Though it was very emotional and intense. I'm not sure I'd recommend it for kids. I was happy that some predictions proved false.

Before the movie, I wasn't impressed with how Poulter's Warlock looked, and that opinion went even lower in the movie. That's not the Warlock I remember, though I'm not a huge fan, so I could be mistaken.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I just got back from the first showing and enjoyed it also. Though it was very emotional and intense. I'm not sure I'd recommend it for kids. I was happy that some predictions proved false.

Before the movie, I wasn't impressed with how Poulter's Warlock looked, and that opinion went even lower in the movie. That's not the Warlock I remember, though I'm not a huge fan, so I could be mistaken.
    Because of the f bomb? Or what?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

I grew up in the 80s so I've seen far worse as a kid lol they'll be ok, especially considering how it ultimately turns out. It's intense in the way some Disney cartoon movies are.

I posted on another board warning people not to expect a comic accurate version of Warlock. I was able to switch and get the way he was used here, so it didn't bother me as much. I also didn't like his look but it works for the portrayal here.

Invincible Member

If you know the answer would you be willing to spoil something? In the trailers the Guardians go to a planet that looks like 20th century Earth...spoilers:
    In the 70's comics that version of the team encountered something similar and the twist was that it was actually an asylum. Was this case here or was there some other switcheroo?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    If you know the answer would you be willing to spoil something? In the trailers the Guardians go to a planet that looks like 20th century Earth...spoilers:
    In the 70's comics that version of the team encountered something similar and the twist was that it was actually an asylum. Was this case here or was there some other switcheroo?
    end of spoilers
    It was a bit different. In this movie spoilers:
    the planet is known as "Counter Earth" and is almost identical to the real Earth. It's inhibited by the animal humanoids created by the High Evolutionary.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Fantastic movie.

Very emotional, Cruel and sad. Humor was good, action plenty.

Also, perfect CGI. I am looking at you DC. This is how you do it, Black Adam.

Only complaint from me is, how they handled the return of Gamorra. That was just cheap and lazy.

Saw the movie early. Man it was brutal in some parts, but it ended in a way where you have faith that everything will be alright.

Rocket is the Heart of the movie and his story is the saddest, ripped my heart right out stomped on it and then shoved it back into my chest (The feels will hit even the coldest heart, here's looking at you Mr. Freeze).

High Evolutionary is the villian Kang was supposed to be but wasn't. I would not be opposed to Marvel switching up and making the High Evolutionary the big big bad. He eats up the screen and every time he is on screen you want to strangle him or beat the crap out of him in a good way lol. He's a bit more unhinged than Thanos but no less brutal in how he views the creatures he creates. great villain.

THe rest of the crew is great. Although I still think they nerfed Drax. I re-watched the first movie and compared it to VOl 2 and Vol 3 and I still prefer VOl 1 drax. He was funny but not overtly goofy like he is in the later movies.

Also I loved how they handled Gamora, she is the badass daughter of thanos not the bleeding heart wannabe superhero we've grown to know and IDk I think I like the badass version. Her and Quill still have a bit of chemistry but she makes it clear she is not the person he feel in love with because that version is dead. Although I'm wondering is Marvel gonna address the paradox that she is. How can she stay in the present if she was taken from the past. I'm curious if Marvel is gonna address her and Loki being paradoxes. but probably not.

Overall, If this is James Gunn's swan song for the MCU then I'm okay with it. I've never been a big James Gunn fan but I have to admit he put his foot in this movie. Very well done and it ended on a high note.

Invincible Member

It was a bit different. In this movie spoilers:
    the planet is known as "Counter Earth" and is almost identical to the real Earth. It's inhibited by the animal humanoids created by the High Evolutionary.
    end of spoilers
    I see! Thanks!

Did you watch Loki? Because they explain the paradox thing .

The movie was fine. I did particularly like Rocket's backstory yes, and Nebula was great, to my surprise. I really loved what Mantis said about Drax, one of the best character moments I've seen in a while in any movie or tv show. But the rest was just ok. And for how comedic it's supposed to be, I didn't laugh more than 3 times. Most of the jokes were just really, really bad. Like I can't imagine me submiting and script with jokes like that without being embarrassed. (The Suicide Squad wasn't very funny either if you ask me, although it's story was way better)

But then again:
    I wasn't a big fan of Gotg 1,
    loved Gotg 2,
    Hated Endgame and No Way Home (apart from the beginning and the last scene)

and I really dug most of Phase 4, so my opinions rarelly align with the Internet
    Last edited by Alpha; 05-05-2023 at 08:57 AM.

It was a fun movie.