Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Looking at the various jumps in the trailer, i notice that the nice thing about them seemingly wearing the comic uniforms over a lengthly part of the movie, is that by what looks to be the final battle the damage tells a few little stories.

Of course deception has to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I don't like the look they went with for the High Evolutionary at all. I hate when characters have cool armor they ditch it so you can see the actors face all the time.
    Considering that it looks stapled on, maybe he will lose it by mid point or before the finale and replace it with a metal mask resembling his comic versions face?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Looking at the various jumps in the trailer, i notice that the nice thing about them seemingly wearing the comic uniforms over a lengthly part of the movie, is that by what looks to be the final battle the damage tells a few little stories.
    It does feel full circle to finally incorporate the DnA uniform like this.
    Considering that it looks stapled on, maybe he will lose it by mid point or before the finale and replace it with a metal mask resembling his comic versions face?
    That would be cool!

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

You can’t tell me there aren’t so-called fans and fan-oriented sites and forums who are rooting for Marvel to fail.

Guardians has an 77% critics score on Rotten Tomatoes. Sounds good, right? That’s solid. That’s not likely to be a bad movie, right? Nearly ties the first two for score, within the same quartile, and within 10 points of Vol. 2.

What does the Direct say about it?

“Guardians of the Galaxy 3 Becomes Lowest-Rated Movie In Franchise on Rotten Tomatoes”

While that’s an actual fact concerning an aggregator rating site, Rotten Tomatoes, you can’t tell me that’s not biased. The story ought to be something like, “Latest Guardians film gets decent and okay reviews,” and instead it’s presented as some kind of letdown. This clickbait stuff is out of control.
    Last edited by Brian B; 05-01-2023 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    You can’t tell me there aren’t so-called fans and fan-oriented sites and forums who are rooting for Marvel to fail.

Guardians has an 77% critics score on Rotten Tomatoes. Sounds good, right? That’s solid. That’s not likely to be a bad movie, right? Nearly ties the first two for score, within the same quartile, and within 10 points of Vol. 2.

“Guardians of the Galaxy 3 Becomes Lowest-Rated Movie In Franchise on Rotten Tomatoes”

While that’s an actual fact concerning an aggregator rating site, Rotten Tomatoes, you can’t tell me that’s not biased. The story ought to be something like, “Latest Guardians film gets decent and okay reviews,” and instead it’s presented as some kind of letdown. This clickbait stuff is out of control.
    Sensationalism sells...These are the times we live in now...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post

As Krazijoe said, sensationalism sells. With the "cultural zeitgeist" moving against Marvel, a lot of outlets are cashing in on Marvel negativity. Regarding the actual critical reception of the movie, there is something to be said about "some" critics and how they are grading on a curve.

There's a particular critic on YouTube (pretty popular in geek and nerd circles) that literally said sometimes when he reviews films, he says what he thinks the audience wants to hear. It's not one of the political channels and he's a pretty good reviewer. He was just coming clean about why he gave certain Marvel movies bad reviews and some good ones. It must be said that with the way film criticism has been "monetized", I think playing to the gallery is starting to creep into movie reviews (it must also be noted that the RT pool of critics has been expanded dramatically over the years, a lot of previously "non-mainstream" reviewers are in the pool now).

That's not to say I have a problem with critics in general but with superhero movies (and geek movies), one just has to be a little careful because there a number of superhero movies (and even Marvel movies) where I have personally disagreed with the critics. Seriously, I still don't agree with how Eternals got completely trashed by critics, it's one of those films that got me legit confused. A more extreme example is how Jurassic World: Dominion got completely torn apart by critics but I actually had a blast watching the movie...in my mind, what some critics described and the actual movie I watched didn't match.
    Last edited by Username taken; 05-01-2023 at 02:50 PM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Sensationalism sells...These are the times we live in now...
    That has always been the rule. Hence P.T. Barnum and his circus as one "recent" example.

The difference now is the speed and reach of which the hucksters shill their sensationalism.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Did not Batman himself say, you either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain?

Ultimate Member

Regarding GoTG vol 3, some reviewers that I "trust" have given the film very good reviews.

I will watch this in theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Did not Batman himself say, you either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain?
    Harvey Dent, actually.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Harvey Dent, actually.
    Ha crap you are correct.

Ultimate Member

Interestingly, GoTG vol 3's score has been rising since it went down to 77%. It's at 80% now.

That being said, tracking and pre-sales aren't so high. Which is a bit surprising.

Nonetheless, I'll definitely see this one opening weekend, it sounds like it's going to be a good time at the movies.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I watch almost zero comic book films and Marvel films now, but I think GoTG 1 & 2 alone justify everyone supporting the third. It's the best most consistent series we've gotten from Marvel. I won't see this in theater since I rarely see anything in the theater, but I'm watching this film down the road or just buying the DVD. The reviews are fine.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I am looking forward to seeing GOTG Vol 3. I am sure it is along the quality lines of Vol 1 and Vol 2.

I want to see Adam and HE.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!