Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Because of the f bomb? Or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I grew up in the 80s so I've seen far worse as a kid lol they'll be ok, especially considering how it ultimately turns out. It's intense in the way some Disney cartoon movies are.
    No, not the f' bomb, though I was surprised when it happened. There's one scene with the High Evolutionary which fits more into a horror movie.

But my main thing, is it shows the brutality used in animal testing and science experiments, in gruesome detail. I personally found Rocket's fellow altered animal friends kind of scary / creepy to look at, which, of course was intended. Anyway, it's pretty intense stuff, and really isn't meant for young kids. Not sure about the Disney cartoons, but yes, kind of like when Bambi's mom's died ... but multiplied by 1000.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    No, not the f' bomb, though I was surprised when it happened. There's one scene with the High Evolutionary which fits more into a horror movie.

But my main thing, is it shows the brutality used in animal testing and science experiments, in gruesome detail. I personally found Rocket's fellow altered animal friends kind of scary / creepy to look at, which, of course was intended. Anyway, it's pretty intense stuff, and really isn't meant for young kids. Not sure about the Disney cartoons, but yes, kind of like when Bambi's mom's died ... but multiplied by 1000.
    Have you seen Toy Story?

I posted on another board warning people not to expect a comic accurate version of Warlock. I was able to switch and get the way he was used here, so it didn't bother me as much. I also didn't like his look but it works for the portrayal here.
    I wasn't expecting much, given I thought Poulter miscast for the comic Warlock, and I found glimpses of the costume way too busy. Watching the movie, Poulter is fine for how they used him, but MCU Warlock isn't Starlin's Warlock, which is the one I remember best. He really wasn't that integral to the story, and again, I'm not a huge Warlock fan, and where he's at in the end is promising, so I can live with it.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Have you seen Toy Story?
    Yes, when it came out, so it's been decades.

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    High Evolutionary is the villian Kang was supposed to be but wasn't. I would not be opposed to Marvel switching up and making the High Evolutionary the big big bad. He eats up the screen and every time he is on screen you want to strangle him or beat the crap out of him in a good way lol. He's a bit more unhinged than Thanos but no less brutal in how he views the creatures he creates. great villain.

THe rest of the crew is great. Although I still think they nerfed Drax. I re-watched the first movie and compared it to VOl 2 and Vol 3 and I still prefer VOl 1 drax. He was funny but not overtly goofy like he is in the later movies.
    I have to disagree with you on Kang, who it far more tactical and multiversal -- closer to Thanos in scale. This High Evolutionary is a mad scientist, with much smaller goals. I do agree with you that Chukwudi Iwuji leaned into the villainy and madness and made him a character you love to hate. spoilers:
    I LOL at the little bit where one of his flunkey's slides a step box between the shorter High Evolutionary and Ayesha so he could look down on her. A great characterization.
    end of spoilers

I watched the first two movies before seeing the new one, and I was struck at the differences between the first movie's Drax and his later appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    The movie was fine. I did particularly like Rocket's backstory yes, and Nebula was great, to my surprise. I really loved what Mantis said about Drax, one of the best character moments I've seen in a while in any movie or tv show. But the rest was just ok. And for how comedic it's supposed to be, I didn't laugh more than 3 times. Most of the jokes were just really, really bad. Like I can't imagine me submiting and script with jokes like that without being embarrassed. (The Suicide Squad wasn't very funny either if you ask me, although it's story was way better)

(snip)
    and I really dug most of Phase 4, so my opinions rarelly align with the Internet
    I find the same, in that I'm far less critical of movies, especially if they are entertaining. I honestly do not get all the MCU hate, especially about Phase 4.

And yes! I loved Mantis' take on Drax.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Yes, when it came out, so it's been decades.
    Ok well those toys under the bed were just as "weird"looking as Rocket's friends, as an fyi. Kids can handle this, I'm sure.

Invincible Member

Did you watch Loki? Because they explain the paradox thing .
    Me? I have not. Is the Paradox thing something fans of the show were worked up about or did it have some thing to do with the time travel in Endgame?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Me? I have not. Is the Paradox thing something fans of the show were worked up about or did it have some thing to do with the time travel in Endgame?
    It was directly related to Endgame and ties into the Multiverse Saga.

Ok well those toys under the bed were just as "weird"looking as Rocket's friends, as an fyi. Kids can handle this, I'm sure.
    I guess I need to watch it again.

I'm sure some kids can, but others may not. I don't think a lot of kids are aware of how animals are used in experiments.

An interview from the actor playing High Evolutionary.

Chukwudi Iwuji Is Making No Excuses for His Sadistic Baddie: “I Cannot Defend Him"
    Last edited by Reviresco; 05-06-2023 at 12:20 AM.

I do not mean to bring out racism allegations, nor to stir up a hornet's nest, but don't you think there is a lot of many Black actors who were cast as white guy villains. Kingpin. Deadshot. Electro. Baron Mordo. Kang the Conqueror. The High Evolutionary.

I don't mind Black actors playing the White characters including Nick Fury and Heimdall. Both Samuel Jackson and Idris Elba did a spectacular performance as Fury and Heimdall.

Extraordinary Member

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL.3 (2023)

https://www.cinemascore.com/

Cinemascore reveals guardians of the galaxy vol 3 hit the mark with audiences
    https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/ci...ith-audiences/

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3
    TOMATOMETER 81%
    7.30 out of 10
    275 Reviews

AUDIENCE 96%
    4.7 out of 5 average rating
    2,500+ Verified Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    I do not mean to bring out racism allegations, nor to stir up a hornet's nest, but don't you think there is a lot of many Black actors who were cast as white guy villains. Kingpin. Deadshot. Electro. Baron Mordo. Kang the Conqueror. The High Evolutionary.

I don't mind Black actors playing the White characters including Nick Fury and Heimdall. Both Samuel Jackson and Idris Elba did a spectacular performance as Fury and Heimdall.
    Just asking questions, right?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL.3 (2023)

https://www.cinemascore.com/

Cinemascore reveals guardians of the galaxy vol 3 hit the mark with audiences
    https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/ci...ith-audiences/

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3
    TOMATOMETER 81%
    7.30 out of 10
    275 Reviews

AUDIENCE 96%
    4.7 out of 5 average rating
    2,500+ Verified Ratings
    Even the tomato meter went up. Im not surprised to see that A cinemascore. The movie was a romp

They need to make another game with Nebula in it too…

Mighty Member

As always with Guardians that soundtrack is awesome.