Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Gunn is going to be busy running the DCEU for the next few years. There won’t be any going back unless something goes horribly wrong with his new gig.
    I know, but I mean after that. I don’t know if Gunn will have much want to stay in such a demanding role for much longer than his initial 4 year contract with WB. After that I could imagine that he may want to do some less franchise based stuff.

I’m probably wrong. It just seems surprising to me that he’d want to stay doing these big franchise properties for more than 15 years of his life, especially after building his career on stuff like Troma.

Again, probably wrong, but I don’t think he’ll stay in such a supervisory role too much past his initial 4 years. I could see him doing some more Marvel stuff in 10 years or so after doing his Suicide Squad/Peacemaker stuff and (hopefully) some independent stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    That colour grading is ROUGH though
    Yeah, I don't like it. Still time to fix it though - the early Fury Road trailers were washed out and a far cry from the gloriously orange and teal final product.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

It is not going to end well for someone. *tears*

Good trailer. I'm ready.....I think. Still need to watch the Holiday Special.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    So the villain is The High Evolutionary, played by the same guy who played Murn on Peacemaker.

I remember Dave Bautista saying this is the last movie on his contract, which kinda makes me wonder about Drax's fate in this movie.
    I hope he wears more purple at some point and gets the helmet. If we can get Kang with his blue face...

Honestly would not be surprised if Drax bites it. It doesn't seem like Gunn is going to introduce anything new with him in the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by damiendada View Post
    Felt so good to see Gamora back in action. Also seems like this is gonna be rocket's last appearance in the MCU.
    I hope we finally get to see Gamora cut loose.
    I think both Rocket and Groot are the ones to most likely survive honestly. Probably the two most prominent CGI characters in MCU where their actors won’t age out of the role, and those actors are probably happy to get the fairly easy pay day going forward!

Obviously it depends on Gunn, but I’d be surprised if he killed off the character he loves so much. I’m sure he’d like to go back to him given the chance in a few years!
    They just introduced Lylla so I'm not sure if they'd kill off a character they just introduced a love interest for.

Also coupled with the fact that the movie seems to be all about the trauma and pain that lead him to this point, it might not feel right to just kill him off.

Isn't the actor playing Adam contracted for 4 movies?

They could easily adjust the team roster post V3.

Peter, Adam, Groot, Mantis, Moondragon, Phylla, Cosmo, Vance, Bug (if rites allowed), etc. They have characters available.

I think Gamora or Rocket die. Drax seems too obvious but with Thanos dead, it's probably time to reboot that character as the super dumb version or a weaker, smart version.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 12-02-2022 at 09:48 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I think both Rocket and Groot are the ones to most likely survive honestly. Probably the two most prominent CGI characters in MCU where their actors won’t age out of the role, and those actors are probably happy to get the fairly easy pay day going forward!

Obviously it depends on Gunn, but I’d be surprised if he killed off the character he loves so much. I’m sure he’d like to go back to him given the chance in a few years!
    I heard it stated a few years ago which Guardian is supposed to die.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I know, but I mean after that. I don’t know if Gunn will have much want to stay in such a demanding role for much longer than his initial 4 year contract with WB. After that I could imagine that he may want to do some less franchise based stuff.

I’m probably wrong. It just seems surprising to me that he’d want to stay doing these big franchise properties for more than 15 years of his life, especially after building his career on stuff like Troma.

Again, probably wrong, but I don’t think he’ll stay in such a supervisory role too much past his initial 4 years. I could see him doing some more Marvel stuff in 10 years or so after doing his Suicide Squad/Peacemaker stuff and (hopefully) some independent stuff!
    HEY! Troma can do a big budget just like anyone else...It would probably look the same but I bet Lloyd would love a GotG budget! Can you imagine what Catering would look like! It would be THE BOMB!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I heard it stated a few years ago which Guardian is supposed to die.
    It will be Gunn or Drax. Gunn has a built in clause which can be used to bring him back. He is the blood of an Elder.
    As for Drax. Meh, they can bring him back as the Original Simple Drax...I liked that one better anyway...Drax only pawn in game of life...

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    It will be Gunn or Drax. Gunn has a built in clause which can be used to bring him back. He is the blood of an Elder.
    As for Drax. Meh, they can bring him back as the Original Simple Drax...I liked that one better anyway...Drax only pawn in game of life...
    Um, do you mean "Quill" and not "Gunn?" If so, Ego was a Celestial and not an Elder.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Um, do you mean "Quill" and not "Gunn?" If so, Ego was a Celestial and not an Elder.
    Yeah, I meant Quill. And yes Celestial. I got my MCU and 616 messed up. So might as well, just throw all of what I said about Quill out.

One of your answers are correct as you posted.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ideally, It's Drax as Bautista has stated, he is done with Drax...spoilers:
    Or Drax knocks up Mantis and then dies and Mantis gives birth to Moondragon
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by krazijoe; 12-02-2022 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope he wears more purple at some point and gets the helmet. If we can get Kang with his blue face...
    I always thought it was more magenta...

Honestly would not be surprised if Drax bites it. It doesn't seem like Gunn is going to introduce anything new with him in the movie.
    This is Bautista's last Marvel movie (and no on a case-by-case basis, unlike Don Cheadle he seems ready to move on), but not the other GotG characters, not that I know of. I'm guessing Adam Warlock will be his de facto replacement going forward, especially if he's signed for 4 movies.

My theory (and I'm always wrong, but its still fun to guess ) is they go in reverse with him. He dies but is resurrected, along with the rest of his family, as the human family the Douglases. He might even call his now resurrected daughter Moondragon in passing to throw a bone to the folks saying "Where's Moondragon??" How, don't know, maybe H.E. turns good at the end and does this favor.

They just introduced Lylla so I'm not sure if they'd kill off a character they just introduced a love interest for.
    There's a rumor she's voiced by Lady Gaga. Whoever is playing her is a secret for the time being.

Spectacular Member

I seem to be only person getting a 1/2 world vibe off the planet they're at. I'd love to see this team fight the Keystone cops.

Quote Originally Posted by mortari View Post
    I seem to be only person getting a 1/2 world vibe off the planet they're at. I'd love to see this team fight the Keystone cops.
    Well, it's Counter Earth .