Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I personally feel that Mantis not being a Vietnamese prostitute and Drax not being a resurrected Jazz Saxophonist is basically raping my childhood.
    I'd have rather they not dumbed down Mantis and Drax the way they did myself (I'm not talking classic Drax, more like DnA Drax).

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I personally feel that Mantis not being a Vietnamese prostitute and Drax not being a resurrected Jazz Saxophonist is basically raping my childhood.
    Yeah, they went the bug-route with Mantis! instead of her being the Mistress of the Martial Arts. Also, not bringing in Moondragon as the daughter of Drax, although who knows how they would have changed her?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Getting the impression that Adam Warlock will be essentially playing the same role as the Sovereign did in GotG2. Just hunting the Guardians throughout the movie rather than being the main plot. I'm good with that.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Getting the impression that Adam Warlock will be essentially playing the same role as the Sovereign did in GotG2. Just hunting the Guardians throughout the movie rather than being the main plot. I'm good with that.
    Feels like a waste of Adam, although I guess he was initially introduced in kind of a bombastic way and he didn't get into the esoteric period of his life until later.

Adam was shown to be a focus at the end of #2, so he should play a major role in #3. They could still have other plots and things happen too.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I take it you're not a fan.
    Me? I have no problems with anything you've listed.
    I've never seen so much hate for music as I've seen expressed from some MCU-haters.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    He has to get some focus, considering there's about a 95% chance he switches sides by the end of this and fights with the Guardians for the climax.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    He has to get some focus, considering there's about a 95% chance he switches sides by the end of this and fights with the Guardians for the climax.
    Wasn't he shown in a Guardians uni in the most recent trailer? I thought that was a given.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Yeah, I assume him following them to Counter-Earth means they do end up teaming-up.

Bonus points if something between him and Gamora starts brewing...though then again they gave Starfox Pip so you never know...

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I've never seen so much hate for music as I've seen expressed from some MCU-haters.
    Yeah, it's weird. Some of the music choices I really like. On the other hand, I have always effing hated Guns N Roses with a passion, so not crazy about the choices with Love and Thunder. Even there, didn't ruin the movie for me. (And yep, I did enjoy it, wildly uneven tone notwithstanding.)
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Yeah, it's weird. Some of the music choices I really like. On the other hand, I have always effing hated Guns N Roses with a passion, so not crazy about the choices with Love and Thunder. Even there, didn't ruin the movie for me. (And yep, I did enjoy it, wildly uneven tone notwithstanding.)

Every time a Marvel Movie comes out there is a bunch of vocal people who complain about the songs it doesn't matter what they are. There was one guy on here who complained about every trailer song, for I think every movie. Marvel or not. It seemed to be very important to him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, they went the bug-route with Mantis! instead of her being the Mistress of the Martial Arts. Also, not bringing in Moondragon as the daughter of Drax, although who knows how they would have changed her?
    In the first movie, Nebula blows up Gamora's pod in space saying, "Of all our sisters, I hated you least," which strongly suggests that Thanos picked up little girls on many of the worlds he depopulated, and raised them as 'his daughters.' So it totally would have fit with that theme if Kymera, the daughter that Drax was talking about *didn't* die when Thanos attacked, but was instead abducted and raised as yet another of his 'daughters.' (While Drax, left for dead, had no idea that the ashes of his wife did not include the ashes of his daughter.)

As for Moondragon's powers, it had been established that A) Thanos had the Mind Stone at this time, and B) the Mind Stone, even in the hands of human Hydra scientists who knew bupkiss about what it was or how it worked, it could empower people like Wanda and Pietro, which means it's totally possible that Thanos could have tinkered with the Mind Stone and a few of his daughters, and that Kymera was the survivor who became Moondragon, with potent psionic powers. (Even if the Mind Stone > Wanda thing was later tweaked, the stones could still empower folk, as a stone did to Carol Danvers!)

Cue 'family reunion' when Moondragon shows up to kill Gamora (and the rest of the Guardians), and Drax recognizes his long-believed-dead daughter Kymera...

It was all sort of set up and waiting to happen, and then, pfft. Infinity War happened and Thanos 'other daughters' just kind of never amounted to a hill of beans, being replaced by those Black Order nobodies, which had no ties or relevance to anything or anyone, and therefore kind of felt empty, narratively, big CGI speed bumps.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 02-14-2023 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    In the first movie, Nebula blows up Gamora's pod in space saying, "Of all our sisters, I hated you least," which strongly suggests that Thanos picked up little girls on many of the worlds he depopulated, and raised them as 'his daughters.' So it totally would have fit with that theme if Kymera, the daughter that Drax was talking about *didn't* die when Thanos attacked, but was instead abducted and raised as yet another of his 'daughters.' (While Drax, left for dead, had no idea that the ashes of his wife did not include the ashes of his daughter.)

As for Moondragon's powers, it had been established that A) Thanos had the Mind Stone at this time, and B) the Mind Stone, even in the hands of human Hydra scientists who knew bupkiss about what it was or how it worked, it could empower people like Wanda and Pietro, which means it's totally possible that Thanos could have tinkered with the Mind Stone and a few of his daughters, and that Kymera was the survivor who became Moondragon, with potent psionic powers. (Even if the Mind Stone > Wanda thing was later tweaked, the stones could still empower folk, as a stone did to Carol Danvers!)

Cue 'family reunion' when Moondragon shows up to kill Gamora (and the rest of the Guardians), and Drax recognizes his long-believed-dead daughter Kymera...

It was all sort of set up and waiting to happen, and then, pfft. Infinity War happened and Thanos 'other daughters' just kind of never amounted to a hill of beans, being replaced by those Black Order nobodies, which had no ties or relevance to anything or anyone, and therefore kind of felt empty, narratively, big CGI speed bumps.
    Yes, I also have thought that Drax' daughter was an adopted daughter of Thanos, one of many we have not seen. There was talk, many years ago, for Moondragon to appear, not in the first movie, but in the second. Obviously, that idea got lost....

Good point about the Mind Gem and it could have been used to empower Drax' daughter, turning her into Moondragon. This would have been so great to see on-screen.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I don't like the look they went with for the High Evolutionary at all. I hate when characters have cool armor they ditch it so you can see the actors face all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I don't like the look they went with for the High Evolutionary at all. I hate when characters have cool armor they ditch it so you can see the actors face all the time.
    If we can get Kang's blue face, we hopefully will see the High-Evolutionary wear his helmet at some point.