Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Spider-Man: Rebirth! The Spider-Verse Wars! War of God of Light! Blackest Day! And the critically acclaimed...Legion of 3 Mary Janes!
    We'd also have to put up with all the bad press he gets from the twitter mob

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    We'd also have to put up with all the bad press he gets from the twitter mob
    You mean because of what happened with Ray Fisher?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    I’m not really interested in going in a circle with you, thanks.
    My evidence is a near-decade of awful Spider-Man comics with him steering the ship.
    You are accusing Nick Lowe of being a bad editor for a writer to work with, of him constraining writers, with no evidence.

Have you considered that Nick Lowe and Zeb Wells (and the other Spider-Man writers) could get along well creatively, and that you simply dislike what they came up with?

You disliking a comic doesn't mean that there was a bad creative relationship behind the scenes. Statements like that require evidence.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    You are accusing Nick Lowe of being a bad editor for a writer to work with, of him constraining writers, with no evidence.

Have you considered that Nick Lowe and Zeb Wells (and the other Spider-Man writers) could get along well creatively, and that you simply dislike what they came up with?

You disliking a comic doesn't mean that there was a bad creative relationship behind the scenes. Statements like that require evidence.
    Oh I’m quite sure that bad, unexciting editor Nick Lowe gets along famously with bad, unexciting writer Zeb Wells. I highly doubt he’d get along so well with exciting, interesting writer Al Ewing when it came to the book’s direction.

I want a new Editorial Team with fresh ideas so they won't sabotage the next writing team to preserve an asinine status quo. That's my take on the issue it isn't the writing teams that are the problem here.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Which writers were sabotaged? Which fresh ideas were sabotaged?

Oh I’m quite sure that bad, unexciting editor Nick Lowe gets along famously with bad, unexciting writer Zeb Wells. I highly doubt he’d get along so well with exciting, interesting writer Al Ewing when it came to the book’s direction.
    Based on what? Are you just imagining the kind of Spider-Man stories Al Ewing would want to tell, and then imagining Nick Lowe forcing him to write something else?

Fantastic Member

Which writers were sabotaged? Which fresh ideas were sabotaged?

Based on what? Are you just imagining the kind of Spider-Man stories Al Ewing would want to tell, and then imagining Nick Lowe forcing him to write something else?
    Are you just playing games with me or have you really not gotten a good idea of Nick Lowe’s editorial style after a near-decade of his work

Astonishing Member

Are you just playing games with me or have you really not gotten a good idea of Nick Lowe’s editorial style after a near-decade of his work
    I think every writer's Spider-Man comics have had their own identity under Nick Lowe's editorship. They do not read the same. As far as I'm aware, none of the writers have come out and said that Nick Lowe was a bad editor to work under or that they felt constrained by him.

So what's with this idea that Nick Lowe and Al Ewing, two real people who exist in the world, would work poorly together? Has there ever been any animosity between the two of them? How do you know what kind of Spider-Man stories Al Ewing would want to tell? How do you know that Nick Lowe would shoot them down?

Fantastic Member

I think every writer's Spider-Man comics have had their own identity under Nick Lowe's editorship. They do not read the same. As far as I'm aware, none of the writers have come out and said that Nick Lowe was a bad editor to work under or that they felt constrained by him.

So what's with this idea that Nick Lowe and Al Ewing, two real people who exist in the world, would work poorly together? Has there ever been any animosity between the two of them? How do you know what kind of Spider-Man stories Al Ewing would want to tell? How do you know that Nick Lowe would shoot them down?
    Here I think this will fix the issue.
    Tell me with your full honest opinion, do you think Al Ewing would be allowed to do something as ground-breaking, creative, and fresh as Immortal Hulk, if he were writing Amazing Spider-Man with Nick Lowe as editor?

Here I think this will fix the issue.
    Tell me with your full honest opinion, do you think Al Ewing would be allowed to do something as ground-breaking, creative, and fresh as Immortal Hulk, if he were writing Amazing Spider-Man with Nick Lowe as editor?
    In fairness, would other Spider-Man editors have allowed him to do anything as ground-breaking, creative, and fresh as Immortal Hulk if he were on Spider-Man, instead of a character whose sales aren't always the best and whose media presence is restrained for legal reasons (there's a reason we haven't had a new Hulk solo movie in some time.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    In fairness, would other Spider-Man editors have allowed him to do anything as ground-breaking, creative, and fresh as Immortal Hulk if he were on Spider-Man, instead of a character whose sales aren't always the best and whose media presence is restrained for legal reasons (there's a reason we haven't had a new Hulk solo movie in some time.)
    Who knows? Spider-Man editors have certainly let some real big swings happen in the past. But considering we’re on our like 4th “whoa, check out Spider-Man’s wild new tech suit, how cool!” and round 2 on “Ben Reilly is now eeeeeevil” we’re not likely to see anything of equivalent quality until Lowe has found a different title to be bad at editing.
    And the reason we haven’t had a Hulk movie in a while is partially due to right’s reasons. It’s unlikely it has anything to do with the character’s wider popularity considering what a mainstay he is in games, the movies, and shows that Marvel has been putting out

Truth! And that includes Zdarsky\RYV\Black Cat and other bangers beside ASM

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I wonder if Scott Snyder would be interested.

It's been a while since he left DC and I kind of expected him back in some capacity by now. Maybe he is done with the big 2 for now, but he's gone through a lot of DC (though mostly Batman) and Marvel would be fresh characters for him.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I wonder if Scott Snyder would be interested.

It's been a while since he left DC and I kind of expected him back in some capacity by now. Maybe he is done with the big 2 for now, but he's gone through a lot of DC (though mostly Batman) and Marvel would be fresh characters for him.
    Snyder/Capullo would be great but I wonder if it'll be too expensive for current Marvel

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Spider-Man is having a bad 60th birthday. Zeb Wells run sucks. Because of both, I'm trying to look ahead for better times.

My dream Spider-Man writer is Grant Morrison. Morrison's 2006-2013 run of Batman is my #1 comic book run of all time. I love that run as Batman is my #1 character ever. All-Star Superman was great. As much as I want Morrison on Spidey, it ain't happening.

Also not happening, Christopher Yost. Yost wrote the Superior Spider-Man character better than anyone, he did great on Avenging Spider-Man. Before that, Scarlet Spider alongside one of the best comic book animation series ever in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Spider-Man deserves the biggest writer. When I think of Marvel, it's always Spider-Man. THE character.
    I would like more single stories. Some of the best Spider-Man stories were one shots like Kid Who Collected Spider-Man or Death of Gwen Stacy