Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default The next writer on The Amazing Spider-Man. Who do you want?

Spider-Man is having a bad 60th birthday. Zeb Wells run sucks. Because of both, I'm trying to look ahead for better times.

My dream Spider-Man writer is Grant Morrison. Morrison's 2006-2013 run of Batman is my #1 comic book run of all time. I love that run as Batman is my #1 character ever. All-Star Superman was great. As much as I want Morrison on Spidey, it ain't happening.

Also not happening, Christopher Yost. Yost wrote the Superior Spider-Man character better than anyone, he did great on Avenging Spider-Man. Before that, Scarlet Spider alongside one of the best comic book animation series ever in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Spider-Man deserves the biggest writer. When I think of Marvel, it's always Spider-Man. THE character.

I'll do it.

-Pav, who would bring back your favorite character...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Grant Morrison Spider-Man could be interesting, especially if it were as wild and crazy as Marvel Boy was.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-01-2022 at 11:30 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member

Right now, I love Christopher Cantwell and Al Ewing at Marvel. Thoughtful, intelligent, talented writers that have respect for the characters they write.

BANNED

Christopher Cantwell might be a good choice in future, love his Gold Goblin and how he handled Ben in Iron Man.

Stephanie Williams is doing a good job on Spider-Girl so far, and she likes Peter and MJ. Give her a try.

Jed McKay of course, especially if you want a recognisable MJ and excellent dynamic with Black Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I'll do it.

Pav for Spiderman 2023

I have a couple I would love to see but I know it wont happen.

Chip Zdarsky. I loved his Spiderman life Story and Spectacular Spiderman run.

I would also love to see Christopher Yost.

Those are my top go to writers.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I'll do it.

If not writer, at least editor.

Ben fixed, the Slingers return. Where do I sign?

Fantastic Member

Al Ewing would get my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    If not writer, at least editor.

Ben fixed, the Slingers return. Where do I sign?
    I'd write the Slingers reunion miniseries....

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    Me too.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-02-2022 at 10:48 AM.

Astonishing Member

I would love either Hickman or Zdarsky, but I know neither of them want to do it.

I used to want Morrison, but he's been on record in the past as being pro-OMD. His also seems to agree with Alan Moore that Spidey became less interesting after Ditko left. An AU comic from Morrison would be cool, but I don't know if he is what the ASM title needs right now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    II used to want Morrison, but he's been on record in the past as being pro-OMD.
    Well, the guy does practice occult magic.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I don't think Zeb Wells' run is ending anytime soon, but if I had to pick someone I'd want on the book long term, why not Jed MacKay?

He's been killing it these past 2 years doing all of these Felicia stories and he wrote some of the best issues out of the Beyond run. He's got a good voice not just for Felicia, but for Pete and MJ too. Just feels like it's the next logical step.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I don't think Zeb Wells' run is ending anytime soon, but if I had to pick someone I'd want on the book long term, why not Jed MacKay?

He's been killing it these past 2 years doing all of these Felicia stories and he wrote some of the best issues out of the Beyond run. He's got a good voice not just for Felicia, but for Pete and MJ too. Just feels like it's the next logical step.
    It feels like they really want Jed to take over to head towards issue 1000. But what will be curious is if he takes over will he go Peter\MJ or the other lady

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    Actually thinking about it, I’d only want Ewing on the book if Nick Lowe is no longer editor. Ewing deserves to run wild and free on a book like Spider-Man, not be constrained by perhaps the worst editor of all time.
    If we’re stuck with Lowe, then I don’t really know who I’d want on the book. Haven’t read enough Mackay to know how I feel about him, but anyone who can just deliver a decent by-the-numbers super hero action story would be fine