Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Would kill for Ta-Nehisi Coates to be on ASM, if only for a short run - his essay on Spider-Man in the Atlantic is one of the best takes on the character I've read in the 21st century.
    Oooh, I've never seen that before. Thanks for linking to it!
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I'll do it.

-Pav, who would bring back your favorite character...
    I’d support this.

All fine choices...creatively. But Marble over here is in the selling business

Cates\Stegman, y'all.

Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    All fine choices...creatively. But Marble over here is in the selling business

Cates\Stegman, y'all.

Nuff Said
    Cates could never handle the pressure of writing ASM. For his own sake it's a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Gail Simone did mention on Twitter recently that she would love to write ASM. She could be a viable option.
    Sounds like a good choice on paper.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

What about getting Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz back together for old times sake?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I would love either Hickman or Zdarsky, but I know neither of them want to do it.

I used to want Morrison, but he's been on record in the past as being pro-OMD. His also seems to agree with Alan Moore that Spidey became less interesting after Ditko left. An AU comic from Morrison would be cool, but I don't know if he is what the ASM title needs right now.
    so Morrison and Moore think Spider-Man has been less interesting since Ditko's departure from Marvel in 1966???
    Wow!
    A lot of great stories were written after that.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Cates could never handle the pressure of writing ASM. For his own sake it's a bad idea.
    I hear you there, but the man's on record that ASM is his dream gig. If gives it a go and bails, fair enough, but we shouldn't deny a talented, passionate and accomplished writer their ambition. His choice.

The fact that it coincides with Marvel's fiscal interests is more serendipity than anything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    so Morrison and Moore think Spider-Man has been less interesting since Ditko's departure from Marvel in 1966???
    Wow!
    Alan Moore also thinks Doctor Who should never have went past William Hartnell, that's why he only ever wrote stories with the monsters in Doctor Who weekly and none of the actual Doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    What makes you think this?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    What makes you think this?
    His Hulk run and the mysterious circumstances in which it ended.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    What do you mean it what way? He’s been in the editor’s seat for the past several years and runs of Spider-Man comics. 99% of which have been horrible, pedestrian, and comically averse to doing anything interesting with the character. Not a single Spider-Man run that he’s been editor for has stuck the landing
    You've disliked the runs he's edited. But what makes you think that Al Ewing would be constrained if he worked with Nick Lowe? What would Nick Lowe do to constrain him? What is the basis of this assertion?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Wow!
    A lot of great stories were written after that.
    Morrison never outright stated it like Alan Moore did, but his scrapped Spider-Man comic from the early 90's seemed to be about that.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    You've disliked the runs he's edited. But what makes you think that Al Ewing would be constrained if he worked with Nick Lowe? What would Nick Lowe do to constrain him? What is the basis of this assertion?
    I don’t know what metrics you use, but in my mind if someone has sucked at their job for literal years, it’s a safe bet to assume they’ll continue to suck

There's a rumor on 4chan (so take with an entire cup of salt) that Wells wants off and that others Marvel have asked didn't want it (Hickman and Ewing) or can't do it right now (Cates). Right now the rumor is Gleason and/or MacKay will be taking over as writer(s).