Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Justice Society of America #2 ship date slipping

Was just browsing around and found a couple of sites (League of Comic Geeks and Things From Another World) showing JSA #2 pushed two weeks to 1/10.
    Disappointing, and concerning. #1 slipped a week from it's original 11/22 date. #3 still shows 1/24, but I doubt that will hold. Hope this doesn't turn into another "Doomsday Clock" or "Shazam", other Johns' recent books that had shipping delays all over the map, and kill the momentum for the JSA's return.

Oh ****. I hope it doesn’t lose momentum due to delays. These first few issues should be double-shipping actually.

Eh, at this point is there a maxi-series by DC that doesn't have delays. It is interesting considering how adamant Johns has been lately about making sure they have enough issues in the can before they're announced to prevent another Doomsday Clock situation. To his credit neither Geiger nor Junkyard Joe's had delays so far so this is indeed surprising but considering all the delays by DC, not really unexpected.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-02-2022 at 07:42 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Eh, at this point is there a maxi-series by DC that doesn't have delays. It is interesting considering how adamant Johns has been lately about making sure they have enough issues in the can before they're announced to prevent another Doomsday Clock situation. To his credit neither Geiger nor Junkyard Joe's had delays so far so this is indeed surprising but considering all the delays by DC, not really unexpected.
    Yeah, whatever this issue is with DC and their maxi-series is odd. Dark Knights of Steel, for example, got 6 straight issues out, and now it's like 3 in 8 months.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Was just browsing around and found a couple of sites (League of Comic Geeks and Things From Another World) showing JSA #2 pushed two weeks to 1/10.
    Disappointing, and concerning. #1 slipped a week from it's original 11/22 date. #3 still shows 1/24, but I doubt that will hold. Hope this doesn't turn into another "Doomsday Clock" or "Shazam", other Johns' recent books that had shipping delays all over the map, and kill the momentum for the JSA's return.
    I know there have been a lot of slips / delays in titles I still get from Dark Horse Comics, but since I buy very little from DC these days I don't know what their general situation is like with other series.
    There are a lot of things that can be responsible other than just delays with the creative end for a book, but I do get a bad feeling when something like this is creeping up on a Geoff Johns title these days. Hopefully delays won't go from one or two weeks to one or two months.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I feel like people will definitely blame the delays on Johns though.

Damn. I guess I gotta wait a bit longer.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Right? This is odd considering that about 3 weeks ago Johns & Janin were already working on issue #5. I'm not sure why they would be blamed for the delay when they're obviously working ahead.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Right? This is odd considering that about 3 weeks ago Johns & Janin were already working on issue #5. I'm not sure why they would be blamed for the delay when they're obviously working ahead.
    Not sure I would put any of it on Janin. He seems to be fairly consistent.
    And I've seen the quotes from them on working ahead, too, which makes this more curious that they are 0 for 2 on hitting solicited ship dates. I realize solicits aren't written-in-stone gospel, but the publishers don't set the dates on a whim.
    I doubt we'll ever hear the story on why, but it is curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah. Look for example at Stargirl and the lost children, it doesn't have any delay, yet people will blame Johns for the JSA's delays.

So this whole book is on a sliding timescale now?

It's not a good sign to have delays so early though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    So this whole book is on a sliding timescale now?

It's not a good sign to have delays so early though.
    Too soon to know.

Don't know if anything has been said about what may be causing any delays, and delays could be completely outside of the creative team's control.

One Year From Now: Issue#2

18 years from now: Issue#3….

(Sorry, it was too tempting) :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Might be a last-minute rewrite for whatever reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Might be a last-minute rewrite for whatever reason?
    And, again, delays may have nothing to do with Geoff Johns and/or Mikel Janín.

I'm not a very big fan of Geoff Johns these days, but I don't know if he has any control over this.