Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

To me it looks like Johns is operating in his own pocket universe so if DC editors decided to actually have continuity again then it is possible that they are asking for some rewrites.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Was just browsing around and found a couple of sites (League of Comic Geeks and Things From Another World) showing JSA #2 pushed two weeks to 1/10.
    Disappointing, and concerning. #1 slipped a week from it's original 11/22 date. #3 still shows 1/24, but I doubt that will hold . . .
    Issue #4 was solicited for February 28th, so we'll have to see if that still happens as well.

I mean I saw the last issue of Mary Marvel’s new champion of Shazam delayed to January. Maybe there’s a whole bunch of delays we just haven’t paid attention to.

Wish comics would be more fourth coming and announce delays like video games.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

I was just browsing leagueofcomicgeeks.com, and it shows JSA #2 being pushed yet another week, to 1/17. Odds it doesn't slip again?
    And #3 still shows as 1/24, you know that isn't happening at this point.

I was just browsing leagueofcomicgeeks.com, and it shows JSA #2 being pushed yet another week, to 1/17. Odds it doesn't slip again?
    And #3 still shows as 1/24, you know that isn't happening at this point.
    But unfortunately we don't know if the problem(s) are with the writing / artwork; the editorial side of the house; or with the actual printing and/or shipping. (Or is something else causing the delay?)

I guess it's probably to much to hope that the story changes.........
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I guess it's probably to much to hope that the story changes.........
    Which story . . . the delays or the narrative?

As I've said before, I'm not necessarily going to blame Geoff Johns right away for the delays here until I hear some confirmation that he's responsible. There are delays with other comic books (non-DC) I buy that seem to be other than the writer and / or artist being unable to meet the schedules.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Which story . . . the delays or the narrative?

As I've said before, I'm not necessarily going to blame Geoff Johns right away for the delays here until I hear some confirmation that he's responsible. There are delays with other comic books (non-DC) I buy that seem to be other than the writer and / or artist being unable to meet the schedules.
    The current narrative of where Geoff Johns is making a new JSA for the third time…..
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

The current narrative of where Geoff Johns is making a new JSA for the third time…..
    Well, since I only bought issue #1 yesterday and haven't read it yet, I can't completely address that. I'm not thrilled by what I've heard / seen, but since Per Degaton is apparently mucking around with the timeline (again!), what we're seeing so far may not be completely what we get in the end.
    And why Johns needed to introduce a gazillion newly-created characters (again!) when there are so many already existing characters to use for the JSA does seem a tad . . . . troubling.

Was just browsing around and found a couple of sites (League of Comic Geeks and Things From Another World) showing JSA #2 pushed two weeks to 1/10.
    Disappointing, and concerning. #1 slipped a week from it's original 11/22 date. #3 still shows 1/24, but I doubt that will hold. . .
    Still no change to that January 24th date for issue #3 on League of Comic Geeks, Things From Another World, or the ComicList "DC COMICS EXTENDED FORECAST".

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

It read like JSA: Days of Future Past to me, so I don't think this is the final team.

That said, the team we see on the covers is likely going to be the one going forward.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, since I only bought issue #1 yesterday and haven't read it yet, I can't completely address that. I'm not thrilled by what I've heard / seen, but since Per Degaton is apparently mucking around with the timeline (again!), what we're seeing so far may not be completely what we get in the end.
    And why Johns needed to introduce a gazillion newly-created characters (again!) when there are so many already existing characters to use for the JSA does seem a tad . . . . troubling.
    I'm confused. Many of us complained about the JSA not having a book for over 10 years but I don't remember anyone complaining about it more frequently or with as much fervor as you did. That part I understand. I hated waiting for it too.

I couldn't stand waiting for it so I bought the issue as soon as it was available--literally the first second it was. I had been hitting refresh on comixology and I'm sure I wasn't alone among lifelong JSA fans in doing that, though I expect a lot of other rabid JSA fans prefer print so much that they waited until the day that print copies the day it hit the stands.

But after all those years, during which you seemed to almost post multiple times daily about whether we would ever get a JSA series, they finally did get a series, the first issue finally came out, and you waited weeks to buy it and at least another day to read it?

And we're learning this brain-breaking news in a thread that is actually about delays to the second issue?

Help me understand.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I'm confused. Many of us complained about the JSA not having a book for over 10 years but I don't remember anyone complaining about it more frequently or with as much fervor as you did. That part I understand. I hated waiting for it too.

I couldn't stand waiting for it so I bought the issue as soon as it was available--literally the first second it was. I had been hitting refresh on comixology and I'm sure I wasn't alone among lifelong JSA fans in doing that, though I expect a lot of other rabid JSA fans prefer print so much that they waited until the day that print copies the day it hit the stands.

But after all those years, during which you seemed to almost post multiple times daily about whether we would ever get a JSA series, they finally did get a series, the first issue finally came out, and you waited weeks to buy it and at least another day to read it?

And we're learning this brain-breaking news in a thread that is actually about delays to the second issue?

Help me understand.
    Honestly? I've been clamoring for the JSA's return just as long and I only pre-ordered because I know how thy industry works and I want more JSA.

The early details, however, did little to inspire confidence and I regret to say the actual issue lowered my expectations from there by largely being about Batman, Catwoman and their daughter.

I understand Huntress has some history here, hell even Batman, but after a decade of being away it's a very troubling start that the story they went with was essentially "Days of Future Past" with Bats.

Just based on that alone, I wouldn't have even bought it. Johns is responsible for my favorite JSA run and I need to support this if I want more JSA. Those are the only reasons I'm sticking around right now, but the first issue was a complete dud.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Honestly? I've been clamoring for the JSA's return just as long and I only pre-ordered because I know how thy industry works and I want more JSA.

The early details, however, did little to inspire confidence and I regret to say the actual issue lowered my expectations from there by largely being about Batman, Catwoman and their daughter.

I understand Huntress has some history here, hell even Batman, but after a decade of being away it's a very troubling start that the story they went with was essentially "Days of Future Past" with Bats.

Just based on that alone, I wouldn't have even bought it. Johns is responsible for my favorite JSA run and I need to support this if I want more JSA. Those are the only reasons I'm sticking around right now, but the first issue was a complete dud.
    QFT! 100% my feelings as well.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I find it hilarious that the bulk of all the issues is basically just "Bat characters exist"

Which I get, I myself excessive Bat-stuff tiring, but I don't see making a big deal about it when we only have one issue. Sure, sure it could get worse but it could also get better so I have absolutely no problem with how it is now.

The set-up is fully out of the way and now we can begin the main plot proper.