Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shang-Chi did need a retool, as he was originally the son of Fu Manchu, a character they don't own (his movie swapped him out for the Mandarin, who's usually an Iron Man villain).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well since we are openly talking about it...since when did Ultra-Humanite have a kid? And one that he cares about no less.

Not to mention this really connects Monkey Prince to Superman and the JSA
    I hope it is. cause the superman franchise needs a monkey king character..They are a bunch of savior complex idiots..superman family as a whole.I thought that thing with him painting stuff on the daily planet would happen in the issue with some part of me knowing it's all just silverage clickbait.Then again i want this to be an independent thing..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-08-2022 at 12:12 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I'm loving Marcus. He's one of the best new characters DC and Marvel has put out in a while. Yang is on a roll.

Well, it certainly explains why Marcus' parents seem to have "ins" with a lot of different villains, with his own gramps being Ultra-Humanite.

Spectacular Member

would love to see DCAU ultra-Humanite as the blueprint

A snooty intellectual whose ultimately well-intentioned compared to Luthor whose just a psychopathic c@nt

The DCAU had the best Humanite

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    would love to see DCAU ultra-Humanite as the blueprint

A snooty intellectual whose ultimately well-intentioned compared to Luthor whose just a psychopathic c@nt

The DCAU had the best Humanite
    Stargirl had a pretty great take on Humanite.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, I'm guessing DC is lazily trying to push this Monkey Prince character into their version of Shang-Chi?
    Why lazily? This is actually a very well written book and Monkey Prince is an engaging new character.
    The similarities with Shang Chi are VERY surface-level. Comics can have more than one Chinese protagonist, you know.

Plus I’m actually pleasantly surprised at DC’s commitment to push a new character like this. I think it’s great that they’re making him such a big part of Lazarus Planet. I hope it can give the character more popularity.

By the way, does anybody know how long this “limited series” is supposed to last? Since every 4-issue arc has been focusing on one of the 8 immortal aspects, it would make sense to have at least 5 more arcs, but that’s a lot for a limited series.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Why lazily? This is actually a very well written book and Monkey Prince is an engaging new character.
    The similarities with Shang Chi are VERY surface-level. Comics can have more than one Chinese protagonist, you know.

Plus I’m actually pleasantly surprised at DC’s commitment to push a new character like this. I think it’s great that they’re making him such a big part of Lazarus Planet. I hope it can give the character more popularity.

By the way, does anybody know how long this “limited series” is supposed to last? Since every 4-issue arc has been focusing on one of the 8 immortal aspects, it would make sense to have at least 5 more arcs, but that’s a lot for a limited series.
    It’s a 12 issue series isn’t it?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I'm hoping Black Alice pops up in season 2. I liked their dynamic in Lazarus Planet.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-12-2023 at 07:47 AM.