Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Deadman could serve the Rot for this story. He served Rama Krishna but Rama could send him to go be the Rot's champion. The Rot's parliament is newer than the others. They weren't unified till recently. I might add a representative for Metal but I have to read up on them.
    That goes against the core of the character. Deadman is a ghost, a disincarnated spirit, who inhabits bodies to remember what it is to feel alive . The Rot is the corruption of the flesh and the matter, the destruction of what composed live and used it a twisted marionettes to devour all flesh and sap. Frankenstein or Grundy would be a more appropiated choices.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    That goes against the core of the character. Deadman is a ghost, a disincarnated spirit, who inhabits bodies to remember what it is to feel alive . The Rot is the corruption of the flesh and the matter, the destruction of what composed live and used it a twisted marionettes to devour all flesh and sap. Frankenstein or Grundy would be a more appropiated choices.
    I would have to downplay the Rot then. Grundy and Frankenstein wouldn't fit the trio dynamic unless I use Poison Ivy instead or make it a bigger team.

Lt. Boomerang- Owen Mercer straddles the line between merc for hire work and superheroes.

Tortoise and the Hare- an Iris West II and Jai West storyline. Jai's speed force powers manifest as strength based powers. He decides to take on the name Tortoise after Iris starts to call him it out of jest. He's gonna be a hero his own way. This was based on a rumor that Jai was gonna take on the mantle of the Turtle during 5G.

Myrna Black, Wraith and Reaper were former members of the JSA. The miniseries explores everyone getting new memories about their inclusion and how they react to it.

Danny Chase as Red X.

Hawk and Dove are revealed to be Athena's sons. Hank and Don's mother is never listed on Wikipedia. So I'd fill in that gap with this.

Red Canary gets the ability to talk to birds. It's a shoutout to the Golden Age Black Canary.

I'd follow up on Kid Flash's relationship with Power Girl II from Deathstroke's run. He teams up with Deathstroke to go save her from precondition. This ends up being his graduation from Kid Flash to a new ID. I'm fond of ignition that Factor suggested.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-07-2022 at 09:13 AM.

BANNED

I'll add my voice to those for AMAZING-MAN, particularly bringing back Will Everett III either as a Leaguer or Society member.

I'd also bring back MAXIMA (the real Maxima) for space-faring Amazonian Red Sonja-esque action. Perhaps she is cast / beaten out of her spot as Almeracian leader and wanders the stars with guest-support from J'onn J'onzz as she works her way back to a reckoning.

Extraordinary Member

Obsidian - his darkness related powers are pretty cool and iirc something no major hero in the DCU has, but in actual stories the character has always been pretty lame imo, when the writers would just go more for "darker and edgier" instead of "depressed and mopey" that could a lot for the character...

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Im going to go TRUE d-list....maybe even Z-list...but Crimson Fox. I always noticed her in the background of JLU but they never did anything with her and shes always lowkey fascinated me. Would love a full on overhaul and expansion
    My name is Stanlos and I fully support this message.

Bwana Beast becomes a comedian in South Africa. He used to date Vixen back in the day.

The original Crimson Avenger comes back as an avatar of vengeance empowered by Nemesis the Greek goddess of Vengeance.

Matrix was a Cadmus project and becomes a sisterly figure for Conner.

Kid Eternity and Freddy Freeman discover they are related as cousins. Freddy gets involved in one of Kid Eternity's misadventures.

Volcana tries to reform with Superman as a parole officer and Livewire as a frenemy. It's Better Call Saul in the DCU.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-07-2022 at 09:16 AM.

BANNED

Another character that would be interesting to write at DC is Harbinger. I think she's a pretty cool design and concept for a character. It's unfortunate to me that she fell through the cracks after Crisis on Infinite Earths, because I think she could have been a good mainstay hero. DC has this multiverse they don't do much with other than alter it every year or so in confusing and often needless ways. I don't think the company knows too much about what to do with it. I would use Harbinger as the primary character dedicated to exploring it and making use of the concept, which would be very fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    I'll add my voice to those for AMAZING-MAN, particularly bringing back Will Everett III either as a Leaguer or Society member.

I'd also bring back MAXIMA (the real Maxima) for space-faring Amazonian Red Sonja-esque action. Perhaps she is cast / beaten out of her spot as Almeracian leader and wanders the stars with guest-support from J'onn J'onzz as she works her way back to a reckoning.
    Yes, bring back the real Maxima, not the queerbaiting, weakwilled new52 version. They even went to say than nuMaxima is the real and OG Maxima is the fake,same as it was done with Lobo.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto Man View Post
    Another character that would be interesting to write at DC is Harbinger. I think she's a pretty cool design and concept for a character. It's unfortunate to me that she fell through the cracks after Crisis on Infinite Earths, because I think she could have been a good mainstay hero. DC has this multiverse they don't do much with other than alter it every year or so in confusing and often needless ways. I don't think the company knows too much about what to do with it. I would use Harbinger as the primary character dedicated to exploring it and making use of the concept, which would be very fitting.
    Considering what had happened to the previous survivors of the crisis, lets hope than Harbingers stays as the AI from the Monitor Satellite and don't come back following the steps of Alex Luthor, GA Superman, Superboy Prime and Pariah in villany.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 12-05-2022 at 10:56 AM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Magpie - I’d combine the various versions to develop another thief in the DCU - Catwoman can’t have all the fun. Margaret Pye is on a mission to become the greatest thief the DCU has ever known. Armed with a great understanding of human psychology, an array of gadgets and her support team, Magpie has set her sights on the elite of Gotham. First stop: Veronica Vreeland’ annual Gotham Costume Gala to gather intel. Catch it all in the miniseries Magpie: Shiny Happy People.

Weather Wizard, Phobia, Angle Man or Rampage - I’ve always wanted to do a series from the perspective of a known lesser-thought-of villain, with potentially powerful abilities, getting roped into being a member of the Secret Society of Super-Villains or Injustice League. What’s that like? What are the offered? Do they trust whoever is leading them? What is their relationship like with the other villains assembled? What are they afraid of? What are they excited about? Being a mid-tier villain around Lex Luthor, Sinestro or Circe has to affect them in interesting ways, depending on the character.

Triumph - I always like the premise of Triumph’s story: the lost Leaguer whose sacrifice everyone forgot. The guy got a bad deal. I’d love to use that premise to retell his story - including that he’s in the closet. Being a guy out of time and catching up to reality and remaking his relationships with heroes and villains alike can be interesting and I’d play it up in story about whether or not he goes full hero or descends into villainy. This miniseries would be called Triumph: Time After Time.

Volcana tries to reform with Superman as a parole officer and Livewire as a frenemy. It's Better Call Saul in the DCU.
    Ooohhh... I like it. might be even more fun if this is the "Supermen of America" version of Livewire. Still snarky and sarcastic..... but mostly tries to do hero stuff.

Harbinger! Triumph! Maxima! Yes! Every one of them is on a list of no-names I'd want to write, if I were a writer!

Really hoping PKJ tackles Maxima and Almerac while he's on Superman, and does for her what he did for Mongul and Warworld.

Donna....well y'all know my idea for her and it's widely hated but I'm telling ya, there is no fixing Donna Troy. Past time we lean into the chaos and make it work for her, instead of against her. Return her Harbinger status and all her screwed continuity becomes a benefit, not a hindrance.

And I always thought Triumph was an incredible concept that Marvel did infinitely better with Sentry. He deserves a second chance.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Ooohhh... I like it. might be even more fun if this is the "Supermen of America" version of Livewire. Still snarky and sarcastic..... but mostly tries to do hero stuff.
    Volcana and Livewire's roles can be flipped. I keep going back and forth on which is the protagonist and whose the foil.

I liked Avery ho but she's the weak link in the JLC. She's just an average speedster.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-05-2022 at 04:08 PM.

Volcana and Livewire's roles can be flipped. I keep going back and forth on which is the protagonist and whose the foil.
    why stick with one role for each? they can flip-flop when needed.

Danny Chase as The Phantasm working for the DEO to investigate metahuman and supernatural activities unseen to the public eye.

Geo Force as an anti-hero similar to Namor but a little bit more heroic and less arrogant. He is a king and saviour to his people but an executioner to his enemies and former allies. Geo Force had cryptic thoughts embedded into his mind like a force was calling him and telling him that he is their avatar of The Ground, the elemental force of minerals itself.

Tanya Spears as a member of The Terrifics. Mentor/Mentee relationship with Mr. Terrific and part of a think tank group consisting of both her, Mr. Terrific, Dr. Light, Ted Kord, Martin Stein and The Atom.

Mighty Member

There was a character back in the 60's called Ultra the Multi Alien that I found interesting. He wZ made up of an Earth man and four different aliens.