Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

I think my first answer for this would have to be Ultra the Multi-Alien. maybe stick him in a new R.E.B.E.L.S. team with Captain Comet, Vril Dox, Starfire, Jessica Cruz, Crush and New-52 style Captain Atom... maybe Hawkgirl, or Blackfire, if I couldn't use Kory... and failing either of those, I'd just create a new female Tamaranean or Thanagarian character
    Last edited by Aarkus; 12-22-2023 at 07:41 AM.

I'd be interested. Love the sci-fi cosmic stuff and DC has a pretty cool space to explore, when they remember that there's more out there than just the Lanterns.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    I think my first answer for this would have to be Ultra the Multi-Alien. maybe stick him in a new R.E.B.E.L.S. team with Captain Comet, Vril Dox, Starfire, Jessica Cruz, Crush and New-52 style Captain Atom... maybe Hawkgirl, or Blackfire, if I couldn't use Kory... and failing either of those, I'd just create a new female Tamaranean or Thanagarian character
    You could use the brother of Kory, Ryand'r, aka Darkfire.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Amazing Member

I also have an idea for Ultra, pair him up with Space Ranger. Set it in the future and make them a "Worlds Finest" like team

In Ram V's detective comics run, the Orgham family come to Gotham in order to change its soul. They end up using a vague device called the Thelonous engine in order to directly affect the city's nature. The Orgham family matriarch listed Opal City, Star City and Hub city so I thought about doing a City Boy /Vic Sage team up miniseries where they do try to stop the Orghams from doing the same in Hub City.

In hindsight, City Boy would've been a good protagonist for Titans Academy. So doing a followup as a seperare City Boy miniseries works. Pak gave Cameron a dynamic with Nightwing so that's another angle as well. Cameron grew up as a homeless vagrant so i wanna explore him as a street level fantasy hero.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-29-2023 at 09:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Velvet Tiger - A spoiled rich kid who lost one of her precious baubles to Catwoman when she was younger, and spent money and time trying to make herself Catwoman’s arch-enemy in a very “fancy patrician vs filthy plebeian” way, seeking to steal Selina’s fortune and hurt those Selina cares about… but thanks to her lack of subtlety, callous disregard for others, and petulant nature, she ends up being stopped by Batgirl first and forms a more visceral grudge with her instead, only occasionally trying to return to Catwoman as her adversary. She seems foolish, but she’s actually legitimately dangerous when she stops screwing around.

Stinger - The single most pragmatic and practical mercenary in the DCU, simply because he’s smart enough to avoid almost any contract that would ever put him or his goal at risk. You want a false flag operation that fails so Superboy looks cool? He’s your man! You want some nobody knocked off with a minimum of fuss who’s *not* in a city guarded by a cape? He’s your man! You want to challenge Booster Gold? That’ll be five times his usual fee, and half up front, and no, he doesn’t care that Booster isn’t an A-Lister, he’s a cape, and capes are dangerous. The result? Stinger is actually pretty damn good at accomplishing his mission, than disappearing.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'd make a team consisting of the "runaways" from Young Justice, some members of Dan Jurgens' Teen Titans team and the Wonder Twins.

Ed Dorado from Colombia, Asami Koizumi from Japan and Tye Longshadow from the USA are three youths who were abducted by the Dominators who sought to create human super soldiers in their war with the H'San Natall race. Ed gained the power of teleportation, Asami can absorb cosmic radiation and project it in the form of concentric ring blasts and Tye can manifest a shadow-like entity of varying size which he can also fuse with.

Isaiah Gibe from Tanzania and Antonia Monetti from Italy are children whose mothers were injected with H'San Natall DNA to breed sleeper agents. All five teens discover their respective origins and fight to protect their world from the two races. Joining them are the "Wonder Twins" from the planet Exxor who seek to avenge the wrongs inflicted on their home planet by the Dominators and H'San.

Thoughts? For those who are fans of Risk and Prysm, I have other ideas for them.
    I've been re-thinking this concept for a time and decided to make some changes to it.

Eight children granted powers by two warring alien races use their powers to protect themselves and Earth.

Dominator abductees

Four children abducted and experimented on by the Dominators, awakening their metagenes.

Ed Dorado - An Argentinian boy of Mapuche and Qom descent, and a knack for physics and engineering. Ed gains the power to teleport. He tends to be more ruthless when it comes to doing what it takes to survive but is still a good person at heart.

Tye Longshadow - An Apache boy running away from his abusive home in El Paso, Texas, Tye gained the ability to create spatial distortions in the form of spectral projections of himself. These projections take the form of an "armor" surrounding Tye or the form of limbs, with him being able to increase their size, strength and mass as he sees fit.

Asami Koizumi - An orphan girl from Japan who is seeking out her biological parents. Asami can project attractive/repulsive force around herself, granting her the ability to stick to surfaces, fly, make powerful leaps, project a barrier around herself and whoever she is in contact with and project devastating waves of force.

Supinya Rutnin - A girl from Thailand who was granted power over air. I split Samurai into two counterparts.

H'San Natall hybrids

Four children whose mothers were injected with H'San Natall DNA to turn them into hybrid sleeper agents.

Isaiah Gibe - A boy from Tanzania with power over pyrokinesis. Serves as the team leader.

Antonia Monetti - The daughter of an Italian politician who can create silver energy constructs.

Cody Driscol - A martial artist and thrill seeker who is granted enhanced strength, speed, reflexes, healing, durability, stamina and an "internal radar" that warns him of hidden or approaching danger.

Audrey Mataria - A shy New Zealand Maori girl who can transform into a crystalline form that absorbs various types of energy.

This concept would be a sort of "Animorphs" team showing the dangers and difficulties of throwing young children into an intergalactic war.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I've been re-thinking this concept for a time and decided to make some changes to it.

Eight children granted powers by two warring alien races use their powers to protect themselves and Earth.
    I think I must have missed this the first time. I thought the Jurgens Titans was decent back in the day, though the individuals always seemed more interesting than the group to me and it doesn't seem to have a great reputation among the fandom (?). And it's always fun to see someone spin the 'global rep' Super Friends.

What really sticks out to me is this: This concept would be a sort of "Animorphs" team showing the dangers and difficulties of throwing young children into an intergalactic war. I'm not familiar with Animorphs and I dunno how deep you'd dive into this, but exploring 'child soldier' topics with half-alien super kids, using a galactic backdrop? That sounds.....incredibly brutal actually, and more interesting than 90% of what DC is doing right now (and I'm actually real happy with my comics these days).

You didn't mention the Wonder Twins in the revamp stuff, I assume you're dropping them? Might be for the best, that'd be ten characters to juggle. Maybe you could squeeze them into a guest spot or something.

Yeah, I'm interested in the concept. Tell me more!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'd do a teamup between Animal Man and Vixen. A major subplot is set around a feature film of Vixen and Buddy is one of its stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think I must have missed this the first time. I thought the Jurgens Titans was decent back in the day, though the individuals always seemed more interesting than the group to me and it doesn't seem to have a great reputation among the fandom (?). And it's always fun to see someone spin the 'global rep' Super Friends.

What really sticks out to me is this: This concept would be a sort of "Animorphs" team showing the dangers and difficulties of throwing young children into an intergalactic war. I'm not familiar with Animorphs and I dunno how deep you'd dive into this, but exploring 'child soldier' topics with half-alien super kids, using a galactic backdrop? That sounds.....incredibly brutal actually, and more interesting than 90% of what DC is doing right now (and I'm actually real happy with my comics these days).
    Thank you.

You didn't mention the Wonder Twins in the revamp stuff, I assume you're dropping them? Might be for the best, that'd be ten characters to juggle. Maybe you could squeeze them into a guest spot or something.
    Yeah, I've decided to save the Wonder Twins for a space-faring team as I feel DC has enough teams that are mostly set on Earth but have only one or two aliens on it. Though if you knew anything about Animorphs, you'd probably think the Wonder Twins would serve a similar role to Ax.

Yeah, I'm interested in the concept. Tell me more!
    Well, I haven't really fleshed it out much. All I can tell you is that if it were something I could explore in either a fanfiction capacity or official work, it would be as unlike anything we've seen from DC as possible. I really do like these characters and hope to see them get more spotlight, even if it isn't quite the same way I thought out here. For all I know, I may end up doing another re-working of this concept.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'd do a teamup between Animal Man and Vixen. A major subplot is set around a feature film of Vixen and Buddy is one of its stars.
    I'm in for this

I also wouldn't mind taking a crack at Aztek and/or Zauriel... both have been used infrequently enough that there's a lot of possible directions they could take without feeling forced. perhaps even a buddy-cop/reluctant team-up thing where they find out their origins are connected somehow...

I understand Jason Rusch has been retired as part of the Firestorm saga... but I always thought his grilfriend, Gehenna, would be a fun character to explore further. she doesn't need to be his GF to exist, right? and speaking of women who Jason *ahem* "merged" with, how about some Firehawk while we're at it

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    I also wouldn't mind taking a crack at Aztek and/or Zauriel... both have been used infrequently enough that there's a lot of possible directions they could take without feeling forced. perhaps even a buddy-cop/reluctant team-up thing where they find out their origins are connected somehow...

I understand Jason Rusch has been retired as part of the Firestorm saga... but I always thought his grilfriend, Gehenna, would be a fun character to explore further. she doesn't need to be his GF to exist, right? and speaking of women who Jason *ahem* "merged" with, how about some Firehawk while we're at it
    Why was Jason retired?

What if Vandal Savage was the Wonder Twins father?
    What if WW was the Wonder Twin's mother?

Basically these are two seperate what if pitches based on a similar idea.

Another poster informed me that the JLU homages to the Wonder Twins were used as unnamed kids to Vandal Savage. So I thought about biting the bullet and doing more with that decision.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-08-2024 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Why was Jason retired?
    Gerry Conway, who created Firestorm, did a story in which he reset the Firestorm matrix to being Ronnie Raymond and Martin Stein merged together, expelling Rusch from the matrix in the process. Later on, Johns did his "Martin Stein was secretly evil" schtick in Doomsday Clock and eventually reset Firestorm to being Ronnie and some new guy. I don't think anybody has touched taht thread ever since.