Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    From the original post: "If "D-list" isn't specific enough, let's say it can't be anyone who is appearing regularly in a comic, never carried a solo title for more than thirty-ish issues, and no one who has ever been a lead or co-lead in larger media."

Going by the bolded, I don't think Vixen fits the criteria for this thread, since she was the lead of her own animated movie on CW Seed and currently has her own series/book on Webtoons (which is currently on Episode 30).
    She's paired with Deadman and Black Orchid who haven't had soloes in decades. It's a teamup so I thought it was fair play.

I liked Misfit so I'd use her in a miniseries. She deals with some of Tynion's leftover concepts. She could also hang out with Gotham Girl.

Lil Lobo and Empress get an miniseries dealing with them as a 20-something couple raising Empress's babified parents. It could be set in New Orleans or Georgia.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-03-2022 at 06:33 PM.

The Golden Age Starman. It'd be a period piece set during the 1940's, dealing with his life as a wealthy socialite and his work as a serious scientist, who discovers his work has been used as the basis for the atomic bomb (which has been used before as the basis for him going insane). Let's see how he handles it, and tries to decide whether or not he should stop the bombs being dropped. Is it the right or wrong thing to do, and can he go through with it knowing it will destroy him mentally?

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Hugh Dawkins aka Tasmanian Devil

A gay man and former member of the Global Guardians and Justice League International.
    As an Aussie, we have precious few characters in the DCU and I think Hugh would be worth diving into.
    Especially as he's always been on the periphery never the main character.

Can he revert back to his human self or is he a permanent 7 foot beast now?
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    In the JSA book, he popped up as one of the new JSA members. It's a time travel story so continuity is iffy
    Haven't been to the LCS for that first issue. Gotta get my hands on that.

Well, not like continuity matters anymore anyway. Like the hitchhiker's guide says, hang the sense of it. I'm not gonna argue with Jack's son entering the family business even if he should barely be out of diapers.

I haven't read Robinson's Starman run yet.
    >gasp!<

My gods man, you really should! Might be hard to track down though, there weren't a lot of reprints and the omnibuses (omnibi? omnibusseses?) were stupid expensive then and are probably more so now.

I'd pitched him as an adult but I don't mind doing a Zoom or Ink graphic novel on him at a younger age.
    Why not both? Diversify the brand!

I've loved your pitches on Beast Boy and Donna Troy so it's cool I got your fan mind excited.
    Aw, thanks. Wait, *my* pitches? Are you sure? Everybody hates my ideas for those two, you're probably thinking of someone else. I'm the guy who'd have Gar retire, become a successful Andy Serkis type actor, and use his social media presence to influence things far more successfully than he did as a hero. And I'd bring Donna back to her Harbinger role, play up the conflict with the Dark Angel and all the retcon bombs that've been dropped on her, and piggyback an exploration of Monitor space through her. You're probably thinking of Sacred Knight, people always think we're the same person for some reason.

I'd do a team up comic between Vixen, Black Orchid and Deadman called "Avatars of DCU"
    Hmm. Could be interesting. What's the hook?

Going by the bolded, I don't think Vixen fits the criteria for this thread, since she was the lead of her own animated movie on CW Seed and currently has her own series/book on Webtoons (which is currently on Episode 30).
    Oh I forgot about the webtoon stuff. That doing well? I hope so, Mari deserves more than she gets. And *a* Vixen was in that CW time travel show right? Yeah, Vixen's probably too successful to count for the discussion, but like, she's on the edge. Someone like Anima would be more fitting, but I gotta admit to a bias of always rooting for Vixen to get that big break so I'd be inclined to let her slide into the topic just for personal satisfaction.

Oh, and I'd read the hell out of Cat's Golden Age Starman. Gods I love the Knights and Star people. Such a fantastic, rich franchise that really should be bigger than it is. How DC has been asleep on them this long, I'll never know.
    Last edited by Ascended; 12-03-2022 at 10:18 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh I forgot about the webtoon stuff. That doing well? I hope so, Mari deserves more than she gets. And *a* Vixen was in that CW time travel show right? Yeah, Vixen's probably too successful to count for the discussion, but like, she's on the edge. Someone like Anima would be more fitting, but I gotta admit to a bias of always rooting for Vixen to get that big break so I'd be inclined to let her slide into the topic just for personal satisfaction.
    I'm not sure how well Vixen's webtoon is doing, but I think I read somewhere that's it's not doing as well as "Wayne Family Adventures". And yeah, Mari's grandmother Amaya was the Vixen in Seasons 2 and 3 of "Legends of Tomorrow."
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Elongated Man. But that's my answer to almost every "which character do you wish..." thread.

Akila of the Bana-Migdhall

Beyond her skill in chemistry and engineering, Akila has expanded her interest into the field of magic, making her one of the most versatile of Diana's allies. Her love of all things pertaining to knowledge makes her ripe for various philosophical debates.

Children of Atlantis

Koryak, Lorena, Neptune, Tsunami, L'Gaan, Delilaah, Topo, Jackson Hyde and Tram. Follow the adventures of these youths as they navigate both the human and ocean worlds.

Lorena, Neptune and Tsunami are Atlantian-Human hybrids. Koryak is a hybrid as well, but isn't Aquaman's son. In addition to standard Atlantian stats, Lorena and Koryak have telepathy and cryokinesis respectively, which they inherited from their human mothers.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-04-2022 at 06:15 AM.

snipped for space
    I bought two volumes off Amazon so I'll get around to it.

I forgot which brand was which. I'm more of a Harry Potter fan so I tend to prefer my kid characters growing up. Plus the under 20 Crowd is screwed by comic time so I rather he would be an adult. But I have written a short story with a kid protagonist before and I'm up for exploring characters through different stages of life. So call me DC .

You had a Donna pitch where she became a firefighter as an adult. I don't remember the Harbinger one but I trust your judgement. I don't know alot about Donna so I'd just scrap the Harbinger stuff and give her another origin. I liked her being Cassie's sister in the Bombshells series. I wanted to make her a refugee from Bialya but other fans said it would be better as a new character. So I made a WW legacy character by accident. Lol.

I'd probably tweak the BB one to make him a reserve hero but I thought playing with celebrity activism was the way to go. Secret identities exist to give characters a double life. Even without having one, superheroes need something to do beyond punching bank robbers..

I'm a casual DC fan so that's probably why I liked your stuff.

For Vixen, Deadman, and Black Orchid they would have to worked together to bring peace to their respective parliaments. An attack happened and all three parliaments blame each other. They force the trio to investigate individually but all three decide to pool resources.

Sirraca from Azzarello's run was Palestine. So I'd bring her back and make her Wonder Girl. She gets a second chance at life and becomes the WW representative to Jon and Damian. So my 4 issues is showcasing how she deals with her new status quo and meets Jon and Damian. The latter can be switched around to Damian's friends Abuse and Nobody or the new Kryptonian Twins.

Shilo Norman adjusts to having Scott Free and Big Barda as adopted parents.

The Wonder Twins take on the name Shifter and Downpour. I wanted to do a Zoom/Ink book based off their portrayal in Smallville. They are Superman fans trying to catch his attention. So they try and be superheroes like him. I wanted to deal with how aliens would integrate into daily life so that becomes a major theme.

I liked Lagoon Boy so I'd focus on him trying to do outreach between Atlantis and the surface world. He becomes an ambassador but acts like an old time adventurer because he liked pirate movies from the 50s.

Lor-Zod deals with new powers from his conception in the Phantom Zone. He wants to succeed his father as the leader of new Krypton but has doubts over the mission. Plus his new powers create a stigma against him within the community.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-04-2022 at 07:24 AM.

You had a Donna pitch where she became a firefighter as an adult. I don't remember the Harbinger one but I trust your judgement. I don't know alot about Donna so I'd just scrap the Harbinger stuff and give her another origin. I liked her being Cassie's sister in the Bombshells series. I wanted to make her a refugee from Bialya but other fans said it would be better as a new character. So I made a WW legacy character by accident. Lol.
    NO. No, no, no. Nonononono. Bad idea, bad idea. Alert, alert. You don't give Donna Troy another origin. No. Simply, not.

I'd probably tweak the BB one to make him a reserve hero but I thought playing with celebrity activism was the way to go. Secret identities exist to give characters a double life. Even without having one, superheroes need something to do beyond punching bank robbers..
    I would like to see that.

For Vixen, Deadman, and Black Orchid they would have to worked together to bring peace to their respective parliaments. An attack happened and all three parliaments blame each other. They force the trio to investigate individually but all three decide to pool resources.
    Kinda weird. What means peace for these parliaments?

Sirraca from Azzarello's run was Palestine. So I'd bring her back and make her Wonder Girl. She gets a second chance at life and becomes the WW representative to Jon and Damian. So my 4 issues is showcasing how she deals with her new status quo and meets Jon and Damian. The latter can be switched around to Damian's friends Abuse and Nobody or the new Kryptonian Twins.
    It would be interesting how a muslim girl would react to greek gods.

Shilo Norman adjusts to having Scott Free and Big Barda as adopted parents.
    An interesting take.

The Wonder Twins take on the name Shifter and Downpour. I wanted to do a Zoom/Ink book based off their portrayal in Smallville. They are Superman fans trying to catch his attention. So they try and be superheroes like him. I wanted to deal with how aliens would integrate into daily life so that becomes a major theme.

I liked Lagoon Boy so I'd focus on him trying to do outreach between Atlantis and the surface world. He becomes an ambassador but acts like an old time adventurer because he liked pirate movies from the 50s.

Lor-Zod deals with new powers from his conception in the Phantom Zone. He wants to succeed his father as the leader of new Krypton but has doubts over the mission. Plus his new powers create a stigma against him within the community.
    The Wonder Twins idea reminds me of Smallville's version.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I'm not sure how well Vixen's webtoon is doing, but I think I read somewhere that's it's not doing as well as "Wayne Family Adventures". And yeah, Mari's grandmother Amaya was the Vixen in Seasons 2 and 3 of "Legends of Tomorrow."
    Wouldn't expect Vixen to do as well as anything Bat related, but I hope it's doing well by its own metrics.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Elongated Man. But that's my answer to almost every "which character do you wish..." thread.
    What would you do with him? Ralph fans will hate me for saying it but I actually liked the idea of him and Sue being ghost detectives, thought that was an interesting spin though I'd be quite content if they were alive again post-reboot. I think Ralph showed up once or twice....Secret Six maybe?

I bought two volumes off Amazon so I'll get around to it.
    Damn good book. As I recall it was supposed to be a four issue mini at first, but it did well enough DC let it continue and it ended up going 80-ish issues.

I'm more of a Harry Potter fan so I tend to prefer my kid characters growing up. Plus the under 20 Crowd is screwed by comic time so I rather he would be an adult. But I have written a short story with a kid protagonist before and I'm up for exploring characters through different stages of life. So call me DC .
    I'll have my people give DC's people a call, and have them tell DC to call you.

You had a Donna pitch where she became a firefighter as an adult. I don't remember the Harbinger one but I trust your judgement. I don't know alot about Donna so I'd just scrap the Harbinger stuff and give her another origin.
    Oh yeah, I *did* have Donna become a fire fighter as a tie-in to her first origin.

So I made a WW legacy character by accident. Lol.
    Ha! Well, it's a noble tradition for the Wonder franchise; that's how Donna got her start after all.

I'd probably tweak the BB one to make him a reserve hero but I thought playing with celebrity activism was the way to go.
    "Reservist" is basically what I was thinking. Gar would suit up for the big Crisis stuff, or when his friends need an extra hand, but otherwise he'd be focusing on the "civilian" side of his life.

I'm a casual DC fan so that's probably why I liked your stuff.
    Ha! That explains it!

For Vixen, Deadman, and Black Orchid they would have to worked together to bring peace to their respective parliaments.
    What Parliament does Deadman work for? I thought he answered to a god from....Hindu?....religion? I always enjoyed the interaction between the Green and the Red and their representatives so I'd be down for something like this. Honestly it's kinda refreshing to see a "Parliament" story that isn't all about Swamp Thing.

Sirraca from Azzarello's run was Palestine. So I'd bring her back and make her Wonder Girl.
    I too would be interested in seeing someone from that region of the world dealing with Greek gods. Would you bring in other pantheons too? Curious how you'd approach the cultural divide.

Oh I am here for that.

Have you followed the Zods at all in the last couple years? They're doing a "political frenemy" thing with Zod these days that would fit real nicely with what you're suggesting.

And Jon is getting new powers in Lazarus Planet that look like they might last beyond the event, so Lor-Zod getting some Zone-y powers would parallel nicely. Any intention of using Xa-Du the Phantom King? He'd be a fantastic addition here.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    NO. No, no, no. Nonononono. Bad idea, bad idea. Alert, alert. You don't give Donna Troy another origin. No. Simply, not.

I would like to see that.

Kinda weird. What means peace for these parliaments?

It would be interesting how a muslim girl would react to greek gods.

An interesting take.

The Wonder Twins idea reminds me of Smallville's version.

Lol. Ok.

There have been hostilities between them because recent events in the New 52. So they are quick to go after each other if something goes on. A coordinated attack on all 3 of them happens at the same time and the parliaments are quick to blame each other. Vixen, Deadman, and Black Orchid are staying to stop a war.

Sirraca probably believes the Greek gods are Jinn than God's. She wouldn't worship them at first but she was 11 when she died the first time. So her faith should be more malleable.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-04-2022 at 08:50 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Im going to go TRUE d-list....maybe even Z-list...but Crimson Fox. I always noticed her in the background of JLU but they never did anything with her and shes always lowkey fascinated me. Would love a full on overhaul and expansion

Wouldn't expect Vixen to do as well as anything Bat related, but I hope it's doing well by its own metrics.

What would you do with him? Ralph fans will hate me for saying it but I actually liked the idea of him and Sue being ghost detectives, thought that was an interesting spin though I'd be quite content if they were alive again post-reboot. I think Ralph showed up once or twice....Secret Six maybe?

Damn good book. As I recall it was supposed to be a four issue mini at first, but it did well enough DC let it continue and it ended up going 80-ish issues.

I'll have my people give DC's people a call, and have them tell DC to call you.

Oh yeah, I *did* have Donna become a fire fighter as a tie-in to her first origin.

Ha! Well, it's a noble tradition for the Wonder franchise; that's how Donna got her start after all.

"Reservist" is basically what I was thinking. Gar would suit up for the big Crisis stuff, or when his friends need an extra hand, but otherwise he'd be focusing on the "civilian" side of his life.

Ha! That explains it!

What Parliament does Deadman work for? I thought he answered to a god from....Hindu?....religion? I always enjoyed the interaction between the Green and the Red and their representatives so I'd be down for something like this. Honestly it's kinda refreshing to see a "Parliament" story that isn't all about Swamp Thing.

I too would be interested in seeing someone from that region of the world dealing with Greek gods. Would you bring in other pantheons too? Curious how you'd approach the cultural divide.

Oh I am here for that.

Have you followed the Zods at all in the last couple years? They're doing a "political frenemy" thing with Zod these days that would fit real nicely with what you're suggesting.

And Jon is getting new powers in Lazarus Planet that look like they might last beyond the event, so Lor-Zod getting some Zone-y powers would parallel nicely. Any intention of using Xa-Du the Phantom King? He'd be a fantastic addition here.
    Funny thing is that happened with Neil Gaiman's Sandman. 90s Vertigo was a wild time.

I like DC but more the younger crowd or the side characters. The big 7 ain't my guys as much as the legacies are so I tend to overlook them. I'm fine with Superman having a son and world rather the new 52 focus on the legacies stepping up.

Deadman could serve the Rot for this story. He served Rama Krishna but Rama could send him to go be the Rot's champion. The Rot's parliament is newer than the others. They weren't unified till recently. I might add a representative for Metal but I have to read up on them. .

I don't mind bringing in the other pantheon but that's more suited for a solo.

These are all abstract pitches so Xa-Du could pop up. I know some of what's going on but I have to catch up on Johnson's run.

Thanks for the feedback bud.

Other ideas-

I'd probably have Sue stay as a ghost or come back as Infinity. Infinity was a minor character with ghost like abilities that popped up in Simone's BoP. She was never given an ID so I don't mind merging her with another character.

It would just focus on Ralph and Sue as a married couple trying to balance Ralph's job as a detective with a married life.

Sue could be alive and normal for this pitch. Just set it in Gotham and have them take over Detective Comics.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-04-2022 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Im going to go TRUE d-list....maybe even Z-list...but Crimson Fox. I always noticed her in the background of JLU but they never did anything with her and shes always lowkey fascinated me. Would love a full on overhaul and expansion
    Any character who served in a JL lineup has a lot of potential for revamping. I don't recall her being much more than a bad stereotype of "sexy French woman(women?)" so a little depth would be appreciated.

And I would get that ridiculous thing off her head and give her a better outfit.

Wind Dragon- he's a superhero who likes to showboat. Based off the Samurai analog from JLU. He's descended from one of the last living samurai in Japan. He's separated from his wife and distant to his daughter who is based of Asami from Young Justice. He could either be Japanese or Japanese American. He knew Black Lightning and Tye's father from back in the day.

I'd use Ed Dorado Jr from YJ. He's the El Dorado analogue. I'd change his powers to gold manipulation and call him the Alchemist. He's a local hero in Mexico City and act as the companion character to Impulse's 11 Doctor style antics. His dad did help Black Lightning, Apache Chief and Wind Dragon back in the day but he was a scientist caught up in the action than a hero. He was working on a device to teleport that he never got to work quite right.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-04-2022 at 01:40 PM.