Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Gerry Conway, who created Firestorm, did a story in which he reset the Firestorm matrix to being Ronnie Raymond and Martin Stein merged together, expelling Rusch from the matrix in the process. Later on, Johns did his "Martin Stein was secretly evil" schtick in Doomsday Clock and eventually reset Firestorm to being Ronnie and some new guy. I don't think anybody has touched taht thread ever since.
    it has been confusing... I think at some point, a character named Jax came into the mix, named after the CW live-action portrayal of the character... I never understood why they didn't just use Jason for the TV show, but there you have it.

don't get me started on Johns... that guy ruins more characters than he ever managed to rehabilitate.

I personally thought the Ronnie/Jason dynamic from the New 52 was a good way to keep all "eras" of the character intact, but what do I know?

hmm... plenty. I'll have to look into this..

So, New Earth Blackrock is a pseudo symbiote kind of like Venom, except able to fight Superman. It's interesting because it's the ROCK that hates Superman. The rock can possess people and force them to act out it's will. Amusingly it once forced Batman to fight Superman, and for Superman to actually threaten to KILL Batman since Batman would rather die than live as it's slave. Batman be crazy.

At any rate, it's a neat villain concept especially since while the rock controls people, it doesn't necessarily FORCE them to do things. it can just let the person wield it's power if it wants.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    So, New Earth Blackrock is a pseudo symbiote kind of like Venom, except able to fight Superman. It's interesting because it's the ROCK that hates Superman. The rock can possess people and force them to act out it's will. Amusingly it once forced Batman to fight Superman, and for Superman to actually threaten to KILL Batman since Batman would rather die than live as it's slave. Batman be crazy.

At any rate, it's a neat villain concept especially since while the rock controls people, it doesn't necessarily FORCE them to do things. it can just let the person wield it's power if it wants.
    Yeah, I liked that use of Blackrock

Doctor Occult, Wild Dog and the Weird.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    Doctor Occult, Wild Dog and the Weird.
    What is Dr Occult and Rose Psychic’s current status?
    I think new 52 Occult died, but that was before Rebirth.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    I personally thought the Ronnie/Jason dynamic from the New 52 was a good way to keep all "eras" of the character intact, but what do I know?
    I liked the Nu52 dynamic of Ronnie/Jason. Ronnie being the blunt force powerhouse while Jason being more the thinker who used the power smarter. Only thing I would have changed is they never would know who was going to be in the drivers seat when they merged. I liked that his appearance changed depending on who was in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I liked the Nu52 dynamic of Ronnie/Jason. Ronnie being the blunt force powerhouse while Jason being more the thinker who used the power smarter. Only thing I would have changed is they never would know who was going to be in the drivers seat when they merged. I liked that his appearance changed depending on who was in charge.
    agreed on all points. I believe in that dynamic, they sort of "split" the powers too, based on each of their personalities.... Ronnie the hothead had the energy discharge/absorption, extra strength and speed; Jason the rational one and, I believe, student of Prof Stein, had the transmutation and phasing. they could invoke a form that maxed all of it out, but I think that would burn them out and leave them unable to merge for a while afterward. so many cool ways of playing with the dynamic.

side notes: I always thought it was silly that Firestorm cannot alter his size, considering his entire torso motif is a literal ATOM wrapping around him... and if his transmuting applies to energy as well as matter, it should open up more options to him along the lines of Dr. Light/The Ray.... last but not least, I always thought the general design would look way cooler, if the flames were a cosmic blue, rather than orange. the white portions of the outfit should also glow this colour. and maybe lose the damn trunks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Genius idea. That randomness in their fusion would be pretty funny to see.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

can i get a suggestion? I feel like a creative challenge.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Xiang Po of the New Guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I like Tim becoming Rook myself. I remember Checkmate having members that are named after chess pieces so Tim becoming Checkmate's Rook is a way you can go with Tim.
    I like this idea.

B'wanna Beast

I'd like to see what you'd do with Grant "Damage" Emmerson from the 90's. After your Duke pitch I feel like Grant might be in your wheelhouse.

And I like the 'suggestion' idea. I'd take one, if anybody has a notion to throw one my way.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'd like to see what you'd do with Grant "Damage" Emmerson from the 90's. After your Duke pitch I feel like Grant might be in your wheelhouse.

And I like the 'suggestion' idea. I'd take one, if anybody has a notion to throw one my way.
    Doctor Occult.

I'm fine with getting a suggestion too.