Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

I'd revive the Vuldarian concept, allowing at least more of them to have survived and working on increasing their numbers through cloning and genetic manipulation. I'd also bring back the character Veronna who was part of the tribe that guarded the Water of Warriors, but give her the Vuldarian powers. I also think this could make her an interesting contrast for Jaime Reyes - both are humans who have powers of alien origin, but Jaime's are technological while Veronna's are biological.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Thanks. I'd also add the twins Thunder and Lightning to the team.
    I kind of love how DC has two pairs of lightning powered siblings named Thunder and Lightning. The Vietnamese twins, and Black Lightning's daughters. One of them is even a bruiser sort (Thunder, in both cases) while the other is a zapper, which is cute, since the names don't *require* them to be split up into bruiser and blaster. Thunder could be a sonic blaster or even a sound manipulator / auditory illusionist and Lightning could be a 'lightning-fast' speedster / super-fast flier, if they wanted to not just grab the first association that comes to mind.

(Even the Thunder and Lightning guys in Big Trouble in Little China tapped this well, bruiser and blaster!)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 10-27-2023 at 09:52 AM.

I just want Ralph and Sue Dibny back. Not overhauled, just back.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    This. Simple, uncomplicated, and to the point. Emphatically this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Just a random thought:

Let's say DC said to you "Pick someone nobody gives a damn about and update the hell out of it! You got a four issue miniseries to do whatever you want, but don't directly contradict canon. And it's gotta fit within the normal DCU, you can't just go reinventing the wheel by calling it an Elseworld."

Who do you pick? Why? Any idea about what you'd do, specifically, that you wanna share?

If "D-list" isn't specific enough, let's say it can't be anyone who is appearing regularly in a comic, never carried a solo title for more than thirty-ish issues, and no one who has ever been a lead or co-lead in larger media.

And four issues is all you get. DC won't invest more in the project under any circumstances.

Me, I'd pick Amazing Man. I've always thought that character was full of incredible potential. Great name and costume with a retro flair, great powers you don't see very often, and the family/legacy element opens up so many possibilities. You can pretty much point at any aspect of Amazing Man and immediately see three ways it's already cool and five more ways to make it even cooler.

I'd use the character to explore the everyday, "middle class" superhuman experience. The people who have telekinesis but don't fight (or commit) crime, but just like....work at the bank. We'd also look at what it actually takes to be a hero, the knowledge and resources required, the particular brand of crazy you have to be to take the law into your own hands and force your views of justice on the world, and the price that goes with it. More introspective and Vertigo-esque than your typical superhero comic, but still with enough superhero elements to (hopefully) satisfy the core DC readership.

My four issue mini would introduce a new member of the Everett/Clay clan who'd be our new Amazing Man. We'd learn that the WWII era Amazing Man was not the first member of the family to have powers and that their history stretches back more than two thousand years (without artificially increasing their importance to the world, that sorta thing needs to be earned). I'd expand on the powerset by introducing the other-dimensional realm of the periodic table, something sort of like the speed force, but with actual rules.

I'd also piggyback an update to the Power Company on this and have our new Amazing Man work there. But not as part of any security or bodyguard force.

Then the murder of the previous Amazing Man, Markus Clay, forces our new guy up against someone who's been radicalized by superhuman concerns. Obvious parallels to some real world stuff in there of course, with more than a dash of Robinson's Starman in there too.
    Miss America!
    Since it’s pretty clear most people don’t want WW I’m the JSA. Miss America is the perfect candidate to replace her. We know very little of her other what’s been published already. She’s a blank canvas for Geoff Johns to expand upon in the current JSA. Here’s hoping!

Extraordinary Member

Can we at least get a tpb of the og run of infinity Inc.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 10-28-2023 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I don't know the context for anything these days. This sounds like they are gone; but then how are Booster and Ted and Barry and Hal and Max Lord not gone?
    Last edited by Stanlos; 10-29-2023 at 09:34 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    A really obscure character (one appearance in fact) I would like to see again is Norman the Doorman. But I don't would like to see him return like a superheroe or supervillian, but just like a guy with superpowers who had stablished himself like an independent interdimensional travel agent who offers people of different origins reality tour to other dimensions.
    No need to expand his already overpowerful powers but just make an adjustment in his laboral options. And a better wardrobe, that for sure.
    didn't this dweeb the one who appeared in jl quarterly to bring in the one and only appearance of the post crisis qwardian csa to battle the bwahaha league.

Yes, that is the guy. Really obscure reference.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    didn't this dweeb the one who appeared in jl quarterly to bring in the one and only appearance of the post crisis qwardian csa to battle the bwahaha league.
    Quite a few of the other members of previous Conglomerate teams, including Echo, Maxi-Man, Templar and Vapor, seem intriguing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Quite a few of the other members of previous Conglomerate teams, including Echo, Maxi-Man, Templar and Vapor, seem intriguing as well.
    The Conglomerate had some seriously awesome powers!!

I always hoped more would be done with the GL villain Flicker. He could do with a slight redesign, but I liked his general vibe and powerset and intergalactic bounty hunters are always cool. Lobo shouldn't be the only one people ever use.

I'd revive the Vuldarian concept
    I wonder how GL/Guy fans would react? It could be cool, I always thought the Vuldarians were interesting and worth a closer look. But would you pull Guy back into it? I'd rather avoid that myself, he was always better with a ring on his finger, in my opinion.

That said, if I could I'd put a red ring back on him. Soule's Red Lanterns is some of the best Guy stuff around and I loved the 'space biker' aesthetic, such a great fit for Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Angleman70 View Post
    Miss America!
    Love it! I'm mostly familiar with her from the 2000's era Freedom Fighter mini's, but she'd fit right in with the JSA! Haven't heard the best things about Johns' current JSA, so that might be something of a monkey's paw situation, but I'm not against Miss America showing up somewhere!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I wonder how GL/Guy fans would react? It could be cool, I always thought the Vuldarians were interesting and worth a closer look. But would you pull Guy back into it? I'd rather avoid that myself, he was always better with a ring on his finger, in my opinion.

That said, if I could I'd put a red ring back on him. Soule's Red Lanterns is some of the best Guy stuff around and I loved the 'space biker' aesthetic, such a great fit for Guy.

Love it! I'm mostly familiar with her from the 2000's era Freedom Fighter mini's, but she'd fit right in with the JSA! Haven't heard the best things about Johns' current JSA, so that might be something of a monkey's paw situation, but I'm not against Miss America showing up somewhere!
    Guy is a Green Lantern so he or the other Lanterns would likely get involved when they learn of an alien human-hybrid on Earth.

Also, I may or may not tie the Vuldarians to the Reach scarabs due to how similar Jaime and Guy's Vuldarian powers are.

Guy is a Green Lantern so he or the other Lanterns would likely get involved when they learn of an alien human-hybrid on Earth.
    Okay then. Totally fine with Guy dealing with these folks as long as he doesn't go back to the old powerset. Actually, having him take the point on dealing with the Vuldarians would be fantastic.

Also, I may or may not tie the Vuldarians to the Reach scarabs due to how similar Jaime and Guy's Vuldarian powers are.
    How so? You thinking some kind of Oan/Controller kind of connection or....?

You're right though, Vuldarian shapeshifting is a whole lot like a gross, biological version of the Reach scarab. Interesting!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.