Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

I would like to see Control Freak from Teen Titans 2003 series to be imported into the comics. I think he will be a very fun villain/potential ally for the Titans to face he has a cool powerset that allows him to alter reality through his remote as well as specific gadgets to counter the titans' powers and abilities.

Tanya Spears aka Power Girl II.

I'd follow up on her getting put of her imprisonment in another dimension from the Priest Deathstroke run. She was a protégé of Power Girl back in the new 52 so we'd get a focus on them reconnecting after being seperate for a while. She wasn't directly mentored by Power Girl but Karen Starr so it's a new dillema for them to solve.

She also had a romance with Wallace and a pseudo father-daughter dynamic with Deathstroke I'd follow up on. How Deathstroke mentored her is something PowerGirl should clash with. While Wallace moving on with Emiko causes her some regret but she would have to move on. I don't know who her friends were when she was a Teen Titan but that's something to look at.

She's basically DC's Ironheart so let's see if we could do it better. .

I set up Wallace to get his own name so Tanya would be the same way.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-12-2023 at 12:34 PM.

Boisterously Confused

I'd forgotten about Flying Fox. I always thought that if handled right, he and his people could offer something analogous to Wakanda to DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    More than I can remember, actually. Damage was one of my favorite characters in the 90's (if you look close, you'll find he's basically DC Luke Skywalker).
    How so?
    Only idea that's remained constant, and it's not even something I'd absolutely want to do for real, is the idea of evolving his powers and allowing him to access an explosive version of each individual powerset he's got fused into him. So he could manifest, briefly, a big construct as if he were Allan Scott, but it'd be a raw explosion, contained and shaped into what Grant wanted. Hard to control, almost impossible to maintain, draining as hell. And Grant would learn, after much struggle, study, training, trial and error, to do the same with all his genetic donors. Which gives him a powerset beyond stupidly powerful and conventional wisdom says it'd be the end of him as a usable character...and that's probably true, but guys like Fate and the Spectre are even stronger, and they can carry a four issue miniseries.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused by your idea. So, basically, Grant can use explosive variants of energy attacks he absorbs from other people? Could you give other examples to elaborate please?

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I'd forgotten about Flying Fox. I always thought that if handled right, he and his people could offer something analogous to Wakanda to DC.
    Flying Fox? You mean the native amerindian canadian shaman who was member of the Young All-Stars along with Iron Munro and Fury(Kosmatos) and it was a Batman analog, in some way?

Because I thought you were talking about Northwind from Infinity Inc. And both characters had some similarities,including to coming from a hidden civilization,but they also are different, with Notwind being like a Namor of the skies and Flying Fox could be like a mystic detective.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I'd tackle Equinox, a character Jeff Lemire created during the new 52. She's a first nation's character who can manipulate the seasons. She was a teen hero so I'd make focus on her 20s. I do wanna do a grounded arc with her back in the reservation she grew up. I also wanna do an arc where we see her as a rookie nember of the Justice League Dark.

I pitched Cassie as an archeologist but that might fight Equinox more. There is a real push within indigenous communities to preserve their culture. I've seen pitches for an adult version of Short Round that does just that. So its a way to filter the Indiana Jones archetype through a more modern lense. Maybe they could be classmates and bounce of each other that way? They are friendly rivals.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-12-2023 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'd tackle Equinox, a character Jeff Lemire created during the new 52. She's a first nation's character who can manipulate the seasons. She was a teen hero so I'd make focus on her 20s. I do wanna do a grounded arc with her back in the reservation she grew up. I also wanna do an arc where we see her as a rookie nember of the Justice League Dark.

I pitched Cassie as an archeologist but that might fight Equinox more. There is a real push within indigenous communities to preserve their culture. I've seen pitches for an adult version of Short Round that does just that. So its a way to filter the Indiana Jones archetype through a more modern lense. Maybe they could be classmates and bounce of each other that way? They are friendly rivals.
    Well, preserve and rediscover. it says a lot about how much we know about the "Anasazi" that so many people have no other name for them than what the Navaho called them... and the Navaho hated them. This term got adopted because it was at the time the only non-academic term for the entire cultural group.

Well if it is in fact a single group and not several similar groups. Some think that the major cities built by the cliff-dwellers... were actually separate tribes with different cultures and that part of the reason for the fortified cities was to keep out their neighbors. Which is partially based on how the modern descendants... don't have a shared ancestral language. This would seemingly mean that their ancestors who built the massive stone fortresses... didn't have a shared language either. Does this in turn mean they didn't have a shared culture... or origin?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How so?
    Not a 1:1 parallel of course, but story-wise Luke and Grant are raised by couples who aren't their real parents (though in Luke's case it was family, in Grant's it was Vandal Savage's mooks pretending to be his parents). The death of those parental figures is what launches both heroes on their journeys, and both discover that they've got direct ties to a major villain; Luke's father of course, and in Grant's case his uncle Doctor Polaris and Vandal seem to look at Grant as something akin to family, if one were inclined to count that. They both have a ton of raw power and often not enough sense to go with it.

Character-wise, they're both whiny, temperamental (Grant more than Luke, admittedly, but still), smart but not necessarily always wise, driven by their emotions, and more likely to jump without looking than plan for something...but when they do take the time to plan, it usually goes really well. And while both of them spent their childhoods dreaming of big adventures, both are rather reluctant when they end up in one.

I'm not saying Grant is 100% just like Luke, but I think there's more than a few similarities between them. Grant feels like what would happen if Luke had grown up as a mall rat in the 90's. Did to me, anyway.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused by your idea. So, basically, Grant can use explosive variants of energy attacks he absorbs from other people? Could you give other examples to elaborate please?
    Sure, always had a hard time explaining this. But basically he'd be a explosion flavored mimic.

For those who don't know/remember, Vandal Savage took DNA samples from the entire JSA and original JLA members, isolated each hero's metagene, mixed them all together, and fused it to Grant's genetic code. So my theory is that Grant could eventually learn to emulate those specific powers.

So he could, for a few seconds, become as fast as Jay Garrick and use super speed. But it'd be a more violent, explosive version of Jay's powers; maybe each step causes a small explosion, and instead of footprints Grant leaves a trail of craters behind him. Maybe that burst of speed carries an explosive aura around him and anything he runs past gets blown to hell (or maybe just the things he touches, whatevs). But he can only maintain that for a moment, it requires a lot of concentration, and it's exhausting. Plus, Grant wouldn't have the training or skill that real speedsters do, so he doesn't know any of the tricks, can't maneuver or turn very well....for a second he's basically a fireball that can reach Mach 5. Or instead, he could copy Canary's sonic scream. It'd leave him sore, deaf, and unable to talk for hours, but he could mimic her ability....and instead of just sound, Grant lets out a burst of power along with it. Super loud *and* concussive energy, crazy dangerous, but Grant doesn't have the natural immunity and reinforced sense of hearing that Dinah does so it's not really anything you wanna do just for the lolz.

The original origin seemed to include every hero from the JSA and JLA in the list of genetic donors Vandal used to create Grant, but I'd retcon and limit it to those who were legitimate metahumans or gained their power from something that could be believably found and recreated from a DNA sample. Grant shouldn't be able to mimic powers from technology or magic, obviously, nor raw training and skill. No mimicking Fate, Wildcat, or Starman. But I'd entertain the idea of him being able to copy Hourman's chemical-based powers, and things like that, if Savage could've believably gotten an "active" sample and reverse engineered whatever residue would remain.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Always wanted to see her get used somewhere. I dropped that JLU book shortly before she arrived and I was curious about the character, but not curious enough to put JLU back on the pull list.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, preserve and rediscover. it says a lot about how much we know about the "Anasazi" that so many people have no other name for them than what the Navaho called them... and the Navaho hated them. This term got adopted because it was at the time the only non-academic term for the entire cultural group.

Well if it is in fact a single group and not several similar groups. Some think that the major cities built by the cliff-dwellers... were actually separate tribes with different cultures and that part of the reason for the fortified cities was to keep out their neighbors. Which is partially based on how the modern descendants... don't have a shared ancestral language. This would seemingly mean that their ancestors who built the massive stone fortresses... didn't have a shared language either. Does this in turn mean they didn't have a shared culture... or origin?
    Thanks for the information. It's something Equinox could look into.

For Tomcat- he'd work at a bar that caters to the supernatural community. It's a meeting place and he's hired to keep the peace between the various patrons. Tomcat was Wildcat's son who could transform into a cat-person. This is a lighter book than my other pitches. It's more about finding your way in your 20s.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-12-2023 at 12:35 PM.

For Equinox, I suggested putting her on a nature-themed team.

Primal Force

4000 years ago, being from another realm invaded Earth with the intent of stealing it's life force. All that stood between them was the Primal Force, a group of humans empowered by nature to defend Earth. In present day, the invaders remain among humanity, taking advantage of human conflict and environmental degradation to complete their original goal.

Mari MacCabe/Vixen: Empowered by the Akan god Anansi, Mari is a Ghanian animal rights activist with the power to mimic any animal ability in existence.

Dominic Mndawe/Freedom Beast: A South African photojournalist covering the actions of a shady company.

Susan Linden-Thorne/Black Orchid: A mysterious woman with plant-like powers and features.

Miiyahbin Marten/Equinox: A 16-year-old Cree girl with powers representing the four seasons.

Zoraida the Elf: An elf posing as a human named Diane Dorst, Zoraida is the only member of the team who has known about the threat from the beginning.

Buddy Baker/Animal Man: A man with a connection to a force called "the Red".

For Equinox, I suggested putting her on a nature-themed team.
    Oh yeah, I remember this but my pitch was more about her solo series. So that's what she would do on her own time where your pitch would be Equinox on a team setting.

I would've preferred Superman working with the L.E.G.I.O.N. instead of the Authority. I'd do a miniseries set in the New 52 era exploring their first meeting.

I would do a series called Sinbad. It's about a Quraci
    Soldier with teleportation abilities. He was the sidekick of SuperShaykh from the 52 novelization. It's inspired by the BuckyCap years as Sinbad is used to represent Qurac on the world stage. He was an orphan who joined the military in order to travel. The source of his abilities are magical in nature.

Sinbad was also the original name for Sharif, another character I pitched stories for. Sharif is a Quraci refugee who was inspired by Superman to be a superhero. So Sharif and Sinbad would have thoughts about each other and they aren't good thoughts.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-15-2023 at 04:41 AM.

Zauriel and Linda Danvers.

Linda Danvers finds herself running afoul of an evil cult and dies as a result. In death, she is saved by the angel Zauriel who offers her a second chance at life as a divine protector on Earth. Both Zauriel and Linda find their views on what is good and evil challenged as the story progresses.

I'd reimagine Pantha as a nagual from Guatemala and a member of the K'iche' people. She uses her powers to protect her people and their artifacts from those seeking to exploit them.

I’d like to expand upon Jinny Hex (Jonah Hex’s modern day descendant). Since Jonah is the last remaining western comic book character I think it would be cool if we could tell some modern day Western stories through Jinny as it would make her stand out from other super heroes.

As for her rogues gallery it would be this so far:

Joshua Turnbull: The ancestor of Jonah’s arch nemesis. He died prior to the new 52 but hey, death is nothing but a revolving door in comics so I’d personally revive him and become an enemy of Jinny, keeping the Hex/Turnbull rivalry alive in the modern day.

Three Eyed Jack: An immortal being that’s also Jinnys father. Plus his physiology would give Jinny minor powers that would help differentiate her from her ancestor.

Prairie Witch: The Abigail Moorland version. Though I’d change her design to be more intimidating like her ancestor that fought Jonah back in the day.

As for Jinnys Allie’s I’d have her girlfriend obviously along with the young Justice versions of El Dorado and Apache Chief. The latter especially since Tye Longshadow would eventually become Jinny’s closest friends. A stark contrast to how relations went between the Apache and her ancestor.

I'm the fan of the new Swamp Thing in Ram V's run but I'll distance him from the old one by having him get more involved in superheroics.

It will be Waid's Indestructible Hulk but better. Levi will also get his own name by the end of it.

I'll probably call him "Vanguard" or "Mediator".
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-11-2023 at 03:12 PM.