Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Geo Force as an anti-hero similar to Namor but a little bit more heroic and less arrogant. He is a king and saviour to his people but an executioner to his enemies and former allies. Geo Force had cryptic thoughts embedded into his mind like a force was calling him and telling him that he is their avatar of The Ground, the elemental force of minerals itself.
    I vaguely recall Geo-Force being resurrected by the Earth itself, in his first appearance, and thinking that was a neat concept (and could perhaps explain Terra's eventual return from death?).

I wonder if his family has some sort of mystical / ancestral connection to the land of Markovia itself, and have sort of taken it to extremes to manipulate earth and stone outside of their original territory, at the cost of some of their mental stability. Perhaps if they stick to Markovia's bounds, they can connect to the earth and stone without flipping out, but the more they exercise their abilities outside of their traditional Markovia lands, to which their family originally bonded, the more conflicting elemental signal they are fighting against, and the more unstable they become...

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Any character who served in a JL lineup has a lot of potential for revamping. I don't recall her being much more than a bad stereotype of "sexy French woman(women?)" so a little depth would be appreciated.

And I would get that ridiculous thing off her head and give her a better outfit.
    Yeah she needs a makeover. I'd probably turn that snake head into a scarf or something

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Harbinger! Triumph! Maxima! Yes! Every one of them is on a list of no-names I'd want to write, if I were a writer!

Really hoping PKJ tackles Maxima and Almerac while he's on Superman, and does for her what he did for Mongul and Warworld.

Donna....well y'all know my idea for her and it's widely hated but I'm telling ya, there is no fixing Donna Troy. Past time we lean into the chaos and make it work for her, instead of against her. Return her Harbinger status and all her screwed continuity becomes a benefit, not a hindrance.

And I always thought Triumph was an incredible concept that Marvel did infinitely better with Sentry. He deserves a second chance.
    While I thought he was taken off the table FAR too soon, isn't he still shattered in a million frozen pieces?
    Or was he revived sometime since that I wasn't aware of?
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Geo Force as an anti-hero similar to Namor but a little bit more heroic and less arrogant. He is a king and saviour to his people but an executioner to his enemies and former allies. Geo Force had cryptic thoughts embedded into his mind like a force was calling him and telling him that he is their avatar of The Ground, the elemental force of minerals itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I vaguely recall Geo-Force being resurrected by the Earth itself, in his first appearance, and thinking that was a neat concept (and could perhaps explain Terra's eventual return from death?).

I wonder if his family has some sort of mystical / ancestral connection to the land of Markovia itself, and have sort of taken it to extremes to manipulate earth and stone outside of their original territory, at the cost of some of their mental stability. Perhaps if they stick to Markovia's bounds, they can connect to the earth and stone without flipping out, but the more they exercise their abilities outside of their traditional Markovia lands, to which their family originally bonded, the more conflicting elemental signal they are fighting against, and the more unstable they become...
    Interesting takes on Geo-Force. He deserves a new chance, specialy after how bad was mistreated in Shadow War.
    (By the way, the kingdom of the parliament of stones is the Melt, not the Ground. )
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Jason...

If he actually does exist?

Buddy is an "This Future JSA..." member waiting to happen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Proto Man View Post
    Another character that would be interesting to write at DC is Harbinger. I think she's a pretty cool design and concept for a character. It's unfortunate to me that she fell through the cracks after Crisis on Infinite Earths, because I think she could have been a good mainstay hero. DC has this multiverse they don't do much with other than alter it every year or so in confusing and often needless ways. I don't think the company knows too much about what to do with it. I would use Harbinger as the primary character dedicated to exploring it and making use of the concept, which would be very fitting.
    I always had a soft spot for Harbinger after meeting her in Teen Titans Spotlight. Her death in the pages of Superman/Batman affected me more than the return of Kara Zor-El.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Magpie - I’d combine the various versions to develop another thief in the DCU - Catwoman can’t have all the fun. Margaret Pye is on a mission to become the greatest thief the DCU has ever known. Armed with a great understanding of human psychology, an array of gadgets and her support team, Magpie has set her sights on the elite of Gotham. First stop: Veronica Vreeland’ annual Gotham Costume Gala to gather intel. Catch it all in the miniseries Magpie: Shiny Happy People.
    I guess not many people were fans of the Beware the Batman series but I really enjoyed its selection of Batman villains beyond the usual names, especially exemplified by its use of Magpie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Any character who served in a JL lineup has a lot of potential for revamping. I don't recall her being much more than a bad stereotype of "sexy French woman(women?)" so a little depth would be appreciated.

And I would get that ridiculous thing off her head and give her a better outfit.
    Most comic book superheroines are going to be sexy, and there's no rule saying that a foreigner shouldn't speak English with a pronounced accent. That said, Crimson Fox had a really good gimmick that her more (or less) pronounced accent and sexuality played into.

And I'd very much rather she keep the headdress. It's as much a part of her style as Black Canary's fishnets or Batman's ears, though it can always be tweaked per artist to appear downplayed or comical.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Yes, bring back the real Maxima, not the queerbaiting, weakwilled new52 version. They even went to say than nuMaxima is the real and OG Maxima is the fake,same as it was done with Lobo.
    Didn't know they did Lobo that dirty as well. Everything about nuMaxima or "Minima" could have been put on an all-new Almeracian royal with contempt for her expectations, instead of hoisting that feminist foolishness on Max.

Commissioned art done by ErikVonLehmann.

Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    Didn't know they did Lobo that dirty as well. Everything about nuMaxima or "Minima" could have been put on an all-new Almeracian royal with contempt for her expectations, instead of hoisting that feminist foolishness on Max.

Commissioned art done by ErikVonLehmann.

How to forget..?:

"Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I'd continue where they left off with Vibe, it still makes no sense as to why they never developed him. I'd partner him with Cyborg and Sideways to interdimensional space demons.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

Yes, the real Maxima should come back. The New 52 one that appeared in Supergirl is pretty lame.

As for Crimson Fox, she's always kind of interested me, too. She has a way of sort of easily attracting attention whenever she's around. Her design is a big part of that, so I'd leave it as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto Man View Post
    Yes, the real Maxima should come back. The New 52 one that appeared in Supergirl is pretty lame.
    Vapid, more like. I wonder if they would had gone with the original idea for Maxima (that ended being Reing) would had been a better path.

As for Crimson Fox, she's always kind of interested me, too. She has a way of sort of easily attracting attention whenever she's around. Her design is a big part of that, so I'd leave it as is.
    Honestly, I think the best part of Crimson Fox was the duality of two persons posing like one hero meanwhile the other was using the civil identity. That kind of conflict could had been pretty interesting to be exploited for longer. But sadly, I don't know who freesed one of the sisters. Being only one person left the character as on of the crowd. Now they could pull a Captain Triumph gambit and bring the dead sister as a ghost, tormenting the alive sister to keep the fight on.

Also, to add to the thread and not only critic other peoples ideas, I would like to see the return of the Omega Men, freedom fighters of the cosmos. I want to see space adventurers who don't need a ring to operate in space.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 12-06-2022 at 06:07 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Honestly, I think the best part of Crimson Fox was the duality of two persons posing like one hero meanwhile the other was using the civil identity. That kind of conflict could had been pretty interesting to be exploited for longer. But sadly, I don't know who freesed one of the sisters. Being only one person left the character as on of the crowd. Now they could pull a Captain Triumph gambit and bring the dead sister as a ghost, tormenting the alive sister to keep the fight on.
    Having two people in one costumed identity could create some interesting conflicts. "Why did you do that? This affects our image!"

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I'd continue where they left off with Vibe, it still makes no sense as to why they never developed him. I'd partner him with Cyborg and Sideways to interdimensional space demons.
    Vibe and Cyborg did team up in the Christmas special to play in Dinah's band (to save the world)... so that's something.