Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I wanted to partner vibe up with Ryan Choi and Killer Frost. It references his time on Flash without being a rethread. It's inspired by the Golden trio trope. Their mentor is probably Ray Palmer.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-06-2022 at 07:10 AM.

Oh, I would easily pick Amethyst. She's one of my favorite DC characters, but I think DC rarely gets her right. They have their own magical girl sitting right there and don't seem to properly know how to execute that, I guess maybe because that sort of thing is typically outside of DC's wheelhouse.
    What did you think of the cartoon network version where she is a girl who goes into a video game like world?

I would pick--

Suger and spike--They were adult detectives a few years ago. Kids or adults lets see them updated.

Retro-- The hero with "powers of the heroes of the past". Trouble is he was dead in his first appearance! Joined the jla only to die on the way to the watchtower! Got to be the shortest member in jla history! He popped up in jla vs avengers in the end fight but we never saw his fight. How about a update!

Tomorrow woman-bad guy robot posing as a hero than turns good. Than dies in her first appearance! Unlock retro she at least got to go on missions with the jla!

How about an update! Has she been used lately?

Has Mazing man been used lately?

[IMG][/IMG]

Extraordinary Member

I'd make it so the "redundant" Gotham baddies are Hugo Strange's Monster Men, meant to be his attempts to replicate other Gotham villains to "prove" his crackpot theories about Batman; Magpie is his sexist view of Catwoman as a sexy kleptomaniac, Preston Payne's Clayface is a "failed" attempt to copy Matt Hagen's powers, Firebug is an even more damaged copy of Firefly, etc... with the obvious twist being that you can't make copies of people, so they've all become uniquely broken madmen and women who Batman feels even more aggrieved on behalf of because of Strange's crimes and conditioning.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I'd make it so the "redundant" Gotham baddies are Hugo Strange's Monster Men, meant to be his attempts to replicate other Gotham villains to "prove" his crackpot theories about Batman; Magpie is his sexist view of Catwoman as a sexy kleptomaniac, Preston Payne's Clayface is a "failed" attempt to copy Matt Hagen's powers, Firebug is an even more damaged copy of Firefly, etc... with the obvious twist being that you can't make copies of people, so they've all become uniquely broken madmen and women who Batman feels even more aggrieved on behalf of because of Strange's crimes and conditioning.
    Move them to Sweden, to be enemies of Wingman, the Batman of Europe.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    What did you think of the cartoon network version where she is a girl who goes into a video game like world?
    I like it a lot! It reminds me of the old Legend of Zelda cartoon from The Super Mario Bros. Super Show. Tonally, it's more of what I would like to see from Amethyst. Of course, they are what they are, a series of about 1 minute cartoon shows. I'd obviously like something with a lot more depth. I'm kinda' nitpicky, there are a few things I would change:

The model of the character.

I think it's good, except I'd go for something more teen and less pre-teen. Also, change that stylized look where the calves are too big. Just make it normal. Also, less strawberry blonde and more pure blonde. Yellow and purple are complementary colors, thus I believe they would make a more striking contrast than yellow and some...orange-y color. I think the outfit is fine.

There is actually some art that is a bit closer to what I would do:

The pre-teen look might be okay for the Amy form, but I would like the Amethyst form to look more mature. I think I would actually need to contemplate whether or not I'd want to do the whole Shazam thing where she appears one age on Earth and another in the Dream World. My main reason for thinking that is, like...romance can seem a little weird if you have her with a mature-looking guy in one place but she's actually a 13-year-old. I dunno', I'd need to think about how I'd want to handle all of that. It's not really a roadblock or anything, I'd just need to decide on what I'd want to do.
    Last edited by Proto Man; 12-06-2022 at 12:11 PM.

I feel like I've been waiting my whole adult life for a story that would put Lillith/Omen on the map as a force to be reckoned with.

Outside of Saturn Girl and Psimon, there don't seem to be many DC telepaths (with that as their primary power, not a bonus power).
    Martian Manhunter/Miss Martian are arguably A & B list telepaths but their main focus is usually their physical powers.
    Aquaman has a fish-based telapathy.
    Psimon is a villain.
    Saturn Girl is far in the future.

It seems like there is a solid place for a telepthic hero in the modern DCU...and there sits Lillith rarely used.
    The just-after-rebirth Titans run planted some seeds about Lillith not having fully tapped into her potential (the conversation between Psimon and Lil at the prison? Anybody? Anybody?)

I would love to see my favorite obscure Titan finally get some attention and become a real player (and not just as cannon fodder or the latest hero-becomes-villain story).

City Boy just came out and already needs an overhaul. Starting with a new codename. Then his very own powerset. City Boy...SMFH.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeburn View Post
    City Boy just came out and already needs an overhaul. Starting with a new codename. Then his very own powerset. City Boy...SMFH.
    Is his nemesis Country Boy?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I hope so. Lol.

They should be estranged brothers.

Hire me DC.

Red Canary becomes the newest member of Birds of Prey while sorting out her post college life.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-06-2022 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Retro-- The hero with "powers of the heroes of the past". Trouble is he was dead in his first appearance! Joined the jla only to die on the way to the watchtower! Got to be the shortest member in jla history! He popped up in jla vs avengers in the end fight but we never saw his fight. How about a update!

Tomorrow woman-bad guy robot posing as a hero than turns good. Than dies in her first appearance! Unlock retro she at least got to go on missions with the jla!

How about an update! Has she been used lately?
    ^^^I've pitched/used both these characters in team builds on multiple occasions. A lot of potential there.
    Great picks!

Quote Originally Posted by Proto Man View Post
    I like it a lot! It reminds me of the old Legend of Zelda cartoon from The Super Mario Bros. Super Show. Tonally, it's more of what I would like to see from Amethyst. Of course, they are what they are, a series of about 1 minute cartoon shows. I'd obviously like something with a lot more depth. I'm kinda' nitpicky, there are a few things I would change:

The model of the character.

I think it's good, except I'd go for something more teen and less pre-teen. Also, change that stylized look where the calves are too big. Just make it normal. Also, less strawberry blonde and more pure blonde. Yellow and purple are complementary colors, thus I believe they would make a more striking contrast than yellow and some...orange-y color. I think the outfit is fine.

There is actually some art that is a bit closer to what I would do:

The pre-teen look might be okay for the Amy form, but I would like the Amethyst form to look more mature. I think I would actually need to contemplate whether or not I'd want to do the whole Shazam thing where she appears one age on Earth and another in the Dream World. My main reason for thinking that is, like...romance can seem a little weird if you have her with a mature-looking guy in one place but she's actually a 13-year-old. I dunno', I'd need to think about how I'd want to handle all of that. It's not really a roadblock or anything, I'd just need to decide on what I'd want to do.
    ^^^Oh those pics are so cute/cool, respectively!

The Shazam scenario IS something to think about, yeah. I remember how awkward it was when he and Stargirl were trying to date.
    Ever watch Star VS The Forces of Evil? Something along those lines would be great for an Amethyst project. It was a great mix of action and humor, w. tight storytelling, actual dangerous villains, love triangles, horror stories, redemption arcs etc., with a deep, rich supporting cast both on earth and in the magical realm.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 12-07-2022 at 04:23 AM.

Sarah Kent, the girl destined to die saving the world. It's a reference to Cir-el. Superman and Lois have a daughter named Sarah but is worried about her death at 18.

Astonishing Member

Infectous Lass -- rejected applicant to Legion of Super-Heroes -- eventual sub and eventual member in Giffen's 5YL run.

Aside from an original power -- she had a great look. To me her more of an asset, she'd be able to control the illness she passed to the recipient and also be able to take it away instantly. In her first appearance, the effects wore off after a limited time -- but she couldn't make those go away sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Nah, that's his hick cousin. His nemesis is Urban Blight and Gentrification Man.

Grace Choi as a bartender at day and a street-level fighting duo with Thunder patrolling Freeland at night fighting gangs, corrupt politicians, drug lords and human/metahuman trafficking.

Cynthia Reynold as Runaway, a psychic/multiversal travelling superhero having weird and fun adventures with Vibe in the multiverse.

Matt Price from Titans Academy who was called by others as 'Superboy' learns and found out that he was created by Cadmus, and Darskeid is one of his donor.

Lilith as a psychologist who uses her powers to help people's emotional and mental problems.

White Lightning as a live-streamer and criminal with millions of followers, White Lightning uses superheroes to get more hits on her web channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Interesting takes on Geo-Force. He deserves a new chance, specialy after how bad was mistreated in Shadow War.
    (By the way, the kingdom of the parliament of stones is the Melt, not the Ground. )
    Thanks.

Geo Force was treated bad in Shadow War, he should have been a powerhouse in his last fight against Batman, Robin and Talia Al Ghul. I prefer calling it The Ground or a new name because of the earthen elements rooted in in ground or caves. I don't know why it was called The Melt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Oh those pics are so cute/cool, respectively!
    I would probably like to go for something that's cutesy enough for your typical girls who are into that sort of thing to get into, but also accessible enough for your typical guys who are into action-based cartoons/comics. Something along the lines of Sailor Moon, perhaps, which I guess is the gold standard.

The Shazam scenario IS something to think about, yeah. I remember how awkward it was when he and Stargirl were trying to date.
    Ever watch Star VS The Forces of Evil? Something along those lines would be great for an Amethyst project. It was a great mix of action and humor, w. tight storytelling, actual dangerous villains, love triangles, horror stories, redemption arcs etc., with a deep, rich supporting cast both on earth and in the magical realm.
    Yeah, there are a lot of ways that can go weird. Like the character Prime, a Shazam-like superhero who is a kid who turns into a massive dude, but his love interest is like a 12-year-old girl, and he romances her in his Prime form. That was created by known pedophile Gerard Jones, so I assume there likely WAS a bizarre ulterior motive behind that whole setup. I'd likely age Amy up some so that she's mature looking in both forms.

And no, I've not seen the show you mentioned but upon looking into it a bit I can see how it could have some parallels with Amethyst.