Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

I'd probably do more with City Boy. I'd use him to explore life as a runaway. He'd probably have to to Titans Academy or work with Hawksmoor as part of his parole.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Grace Choi as a bartender at day and a street-level fighting duo with Thunder patrolling Freeland at night fighting gangs, corrupt politicians, drug lords and human/metahuman trafficking.
    Pretty basic, but it works. However don't expand too much the concept-

Cynthia Reynold as Runaway, a psychic/multiversal travelling superhero having weird and fun adventures with Vibe in the multiverse.
    That is a good name change and a new mission.

Matt Price from Titans Academy who was called by others as 'Superboy' learns and found out that he was created by Cadmus, and Darskeid is one of his donor.
    I don't know about this.

Lilith as a psychologist who uses her powers to help people's emotional and mental problems.
    A starting point, but what after that?

White Lightning as a live-streamer and criminal with millions of followers, White Lightning uses superheroes to get more hits on her web channel.
    This can gave a run for a while

Thanks.
    Geo Force was treated bad in Shadow War, he should have been a powerhouse in his last fight against Batman, Robin and Talia Al Ghul. I prefer calling it The Ground or a new name because of the earthen elements rooted in in ground or caves. I don't know why it was called The Melt.
    I suppose it is a reference to the core of earth where the iron center is melted by the heat generated by the pressure. A reference to the melted rocks on volcans and lava.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post

A starting point, but what after that?
    After that, she takes on Two Face as a client and then falls in love with him and they go on a crime spree together as 2Bits...

I'd probably do a miniseries with Baixi and Deilan the Batman and wonder woman of china. They reunite after the JLC went their seperare ways. We also see them deal with being a couple again while their lives changed.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-07-2022 at 05:36 PM.

Boisterously Confused

A Deep Pull: Moonbow.

What separates her from Green Arrow is her mastery of disguise and impersonation. She spends as much time infiltrating as head busting, and she's a thrill-seeker. Moral quandaries abound as she has to be guilted into sticking with operations that aren't fun. It gets serious when Amanda Waller shows up at the end of issue 1 to press-gang her into a high risk op in a Qatari or Saudi analog. She undergoes a core-shaking experience in learning what modern day slavery looks like, and the series ends with her making forced labor and human trafficking her new focal mission. She's still a danger-addict, but one with a purpose.

BANNED

How to forget..?:

I was already phasing out of contemporary comic book collecting by the time of the New 52 with those ridiculous tech-lined costumes.

Vapid, more like. I wonder if they would had gone with the original idea for Maxima (that ended being Reing) would had been a better path.

Honestly, I think the best part of Crimson Fox was the duality of two persons posing like one hero meanwhile the other was using the civil identity. That kind of conflict could had been pretty interesting to be exploited for longer. But sadly, I don't know who freesed one of the sisters. Being only one person left the character as on of the crowd. Now they could pull a Captain Triumph gambit and bring the dead sister as a ghost, tormenting the alive sister to keep the fight on.
    They'd killed off one sister in a JL book and the other in Starman. I wouldn't mind just having both Constance and Vivian back whatever the contrivance.

What was the original idea with Maxima?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I dont know why DC hasn't done more with Nightshade. A princess from a magical dimension, in the New 52/Rebirth timeline she is the last of her line. What happened? What drove her to flee her home dimension and take up working for the US government, Waller specifically? talk about a premise for a series! She just needs a better costume. How did she become friends with Beetle and the Question? These are all aspects I would work through into a series that borders magical fairy dimensions, genocide, government espionage and super-heroics.
    nightshade2.jpg Nightshade_-_Deathstroke_33.jpg nightshade 4.jpg

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    What did you think of the cartoon network version where she is a girl who goes into a video game like world?

I would pick--

Suger and spike--They were adult detectives a few years ago. Kids or adults lets see them updated.

Retro-- The hero with "powers of the heroes of the past". Trouble is he was dead in his first appearance! Joined the jla only to die on the way to the watchtower! Got to be the shortest member in jla history! He popped up in jla vs avengers in the end fight but we never saw his fight. How about a update!

Tomorrow woman-bad guy robot posing as a hero than turns good. Than dies in her first appearance! Unlock retro she at least got to go on missions with the jla!

How about an update! Has she been used lately?

Has Mazing man been used lately?

[IMG][/IMG]
    I absolutely do NOT want DC Comics to touch 'Mazing Man! They do not deserve him and they would totally screw it up. 'Maze is too good for current DC.

But I would absolutely LOVE a Tomorrow Woman series. She was such a cool and interesting character in her two short appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    They'd killed off one sister in a JL book and the other in Starman. I wouldn't mind just having both Constance and Vivian back whatever the contrivance.
    Well, they were dead before Metal so any resurrection can be explained to that. But remember than that other Crimson Fox appeared later in Green Lantern. Perfectly could had been anyone of the sisters. They were expert in fake their deaths. Maybe they made it again... by reasons.

Originally the character than ended being Reign it was going to be the New52 Maxima. It was even in the solicitations, announced like Maxima. But when the issue was published, the character was called Reign. A last minute change. Something than was usually happening in the New52 era. If you observe the character Reing, she was a redhead alien in green clothes with a translucid cape. Add the warrior attittude and you have the basic design of Maxima. She don't looked human but that was part of the recreation. Honestly at least this version was a lot more proactive than the later iteration Orlando introduced.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I dont know why DC hasn't done more with Nightshade. A princess from a magical dimension, in the New 52/Rebirth timeline she is the last of her line. What happened? What drove her to flee her home dimension and take up working for the US government, Waller specifically? talk about a premise for a series! She just needs a better costume. How did she become friends with Beetle and the Question? These are all aspects I would work through into a series that borders magical fairy dimensions, genocide, government espionage and super-heroics.
    I remember than when Greg Rucka was involved in the Multiversity plans, he had intention to make an espionage sttory with the Charlton characters on earth 4. Would had been interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    I was already phasing out of contemporary comic book collecting by the time of the New 52 with those ridiculous tech-lined costumes.

Long live the D'Aramis sisters!

I had an idea for a Nightshade and Enchantress miniseries called "Night & Moon".

I liked the Watchmen legacy characters in the 2019 show and Doomsday Clock.

So I'd do something with them.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-08-2022 at 06:43 AM.

It's all part of her origin story, not a mystery that needs to be solved or filled in:

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Eve_Eden_(New_Earth)#Origins

Look, I know some people here like to think that the various reboots mean that everybody's origins and histories have been tossed into the trash and replaced with something brand new, whether we know it yet or not. But this is the second time I've seen people on these forums treat Nightshade's history and origins like a blank slate that nobody knows anything about and therefore they can do whatever they want with it, likely because they don't know anything about it themselves and therefore assume that they've never been dealt with (first time was somebody who assumed that Eve Eden's origins and powers must have direct ties to The Shade's origins when they've never even met, let alone had any kind of relationship). But would it kill people to do a little research on characters just to verify that the things they think are mysteries actually are mysteries?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Danny Chase as The Phantasm working for the DEO to investigate metahuman and supernatural activities unseen to the public eye.

Geo Force as an anti-hero similar to Namor but a little bit more heroic and less arrogant. He is a king and saviour to his people but an executioner to his enemies and former allies. Geo Force had cryptic thoughts embedded into his mind like a force was calling him and telling him that he is their avatar of The Ground, the elemental force of minerals itself.

Tanya Spears as a member of The Terrifics. Mentor/Mentee relationship with Mr. Terrific and part of a think tank group consisting of both her, Mr. Terrific, Dr. Light, Ted Kord, Martin Stein and The Atom.
    Isn't the elemental force of minerals called the Melt?