Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They really failed at not having 3 interlocking covers that create one giant spread across the 3 issues.

Yeah it seems as if they forgotten everything that happened since the relaunch.

Also ridiculous that its 2 issues and we have 2 artists on the main story by the 2nd issue. Is how bad things have gotten at DC that they cant even have continuity in art for 2 full issues

Yeah, the additional artist for the main story in the 2nd issue is another blemish IMO. DC needs to get their act together so they can give their artists enough lead time to finish an arc even if it means a guest artist in between arcs.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Could godhood be the answer to all her problems?" - fat lot of good it did Hippolyta. Heck, didn't Diana reject as the main point of the end of the first arc of the Cloonan/Conrad run?
    We still don't know why Hippolyta orchestrated her own death/ascended - we just know that she seems to have a long game in mind, and it sounds like Diana will probably be in cahoots with her. Probably looking to take them out from the inside and if it looks like she's siding with the gods against humanity it's absolutely gonna be a bait-and-switch.

And hey, maybe in the end we'll get a monthly about Diana and Hippolyta on a mother-daughter odyssey in god-land while the main WW title temporarily goes to Yara and/or Nubia. Yes, that's massively wishful thinking on my part, but we've had a big Hippolyta renaissance recently so who knows!

Incredible Member

Love this! I'm excited to see Hecate show up. I hope that means we'll get a Circe sighting, too.

Extraordinary Member

LAZARUS PLANET: REVENGE OF THE GODS #3
    Written by G. WILLOW WILSON, BECKY CLOONAN, and MICHAEL W. CONRAD
    Art by CIAN TORMEY, EMANUELA LUPACCHINO, and ALITHA MARTINEZ
    Cover by GUILLEM MARCH
    Variant cover by SIMONE DI MEO
    1:25 variant cover by MICHAEL CHO
    $4.99 US | 40 pages | 3 of 4 | Variant $5.99 US
    ON SALE 4/11/23

Is Wonder Woman responsible for the destruction wrought by the gods she's worshipped all her life? Back in Man's World at last, Diana sees the horrors of the gods' war and questions all she's done to ensure the Amazons' survival. Is it too late to turn the tide and achieve peace? Meanwhile, Olympus itself trembles as Shazam's wizard takes revenge on his former champion!
    LAZARUS PLANET: REVENGE OF THE GODS #4
    Written by G. WILLOW WILSON, BECKY CLOONAN, MICHAEL W. CONRAD, and JOSIE CAMPBELL
    Art by CIAN TORMEY, ALITHA MARTINEZ, and others!
    Cover by GUILLEM MARCH
    Variant cover by SIMONE DI MEO
    1:25 variant cover by MICHAEL CHO
    $4.99 US | 40 pages | 4 of 4 | Variant $5.99 US
    ON SALE 4/25/23

The identity of humanity's mysterious ally is revealed in the action-packed finale! With an unexpected god at their side, Wonder Woman and the Amazons are ready to take down Hera and her evil machinations once and for all. But what will victory mean for the future of the heroes and villains connected to the gods?

Great. So we got 3-4 issues of Diana being useless (at least) or actively harmful. But it's okay, another god will get her off her ass to save the day.
    Isn't this pretty much how Wilson wrote her last time? Indecisive and ineffectual?

This crap can't end fast enough. Unfortunately it's setting the stage for her new status quo, so we're going to be suffering whatever garbage comes out of this for the foreseeable future.

So Wilson actually stayed through for an entire WW story this time?

Know it’s a separate continuity and all but can’t really be on board with villain Hera after Historia if I’m honest.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Know it’s a separate continuity and all but can’t really be on board with villain Hera after Historia if I’m honest
    Mamma mia, here we go again...

Now seriously, part of me wished at least some of that rubbed in but apparently not...

My hope on Wilson second go isn't lookignt o well right now.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Know it’s a separate continuity and all but can’t really be on board with villain Hera after Historia if I’m honest.
    I prefer Hera as villain.

The lead up to this has been abysmal and boring, reading the solicitations isn't better.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Fantastic Member

I love Historia, but Hera should be a villain in the main universe.

Intriguing premise. It seems perhaps that some of the Olympians and gods will go back to their capricious ways.

It makes we wonder which gods will be opposed to Hera and if Diana is going to align herself with those Olympians?

I’m also curious if this will alter Shazam’s origin for Dawn of the DCU. The Wizard is showing up in this, but Johns’ restart of the Shazam origin had it based more in general magic than powers magically bequeathed by certain gods and the Council of Eternity also played a part. It’d be cool to see and learn about the nature of those characters again, but that’s probably a long shot at best.

It’ll also be interesting to see if the Quintessence and other pantheons show up and how they feel about Hera’s plans.

I'm hype for this

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Intriguing premise. It seems perhaps that some of the Olympians and gods will go back to their capricious ways.

It makes we wonder which gods will be opposed to Hera and if Diana is going to align herself with those Olympians?

I’m also curious if this will alter Shazam’s origin for Dawn of the DCU. The Wizard is showing up in this, but Johns’ restart of the Shazam origin had it based more in general magic than powers magically bequeathed by certain gods and the Council of Eternity also played a part. It’d be cool to see and learn about the nature of those characters again, but that’s probably a long shot at best.

It’ll also be interesting to see if the Quintessence and other pantheons show up and how they feel about Hera’s plans.
    Yeah that would be cool to finally get more info about. The wizard himself is a god now so will be interesting to see him interact with other gods and especially maybe those he gave Shazam powers from.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I'm always shocked at how much mileage varies because I think this sounds super exciting. I like Yara, and I'm excited that DC is doing so much to promote the Wonder Girl title - I mean the literal title not a comic book. Wonder Woman and Shazam are a natural team-up that I'm excited to see come to fruition. I can't wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatoskun View Post
    I prefer Hera as villain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    I love Historia, but Hera should be a villain in the main universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I'm hype for this
    Me too! The level of pessimism around here is appalling. Are we fans or wet blankets? Don't we all want Wonder Woman to be successful? I'm not sure we do.