Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I think the people ragging on it are a vocal minority tbh, it looks cool and fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Me too! The level of pessimism around here is appalling. Are we fans or wet blankets? Don't we all want Wonder Woman to be successful? I'm not sure we do.
    And who says this is going to make her successful?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    And who says this is going to make her successful?
    Well she definitely could use a sales boost. I'm not very interested in another big event centered around gods, but if it helps her sales and maybe sets up a cool new status quo that brings in new readers, then I'm game.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Well she definitely could use a sales boost. I'm not very interested in another big event centered around gods, but if it helps her sales and maybe sets up a cool new status quo that brings in new readers, then I'm game.
    Any sales boost she gets will be temporary at best, if she gets one at all. Historically, the Wonder Woman comics have never benefitted from events like this, Infinite Crisis being the best example.

For my money, the story could be interesting but I'm not particularly excited for it. Especially since it sounds like a retread of things that have already been done in Wonder Woman.

I always get excited by any story about Wonder Woman, after reading it I will have time to get angry, disappointed and I will be able to make the corresponding criticism, before I prefer to think positively.

I think a Shazam and Wonder Woman event is a really great idea. I'm looking forward to it.

Diana's role isn't ideal, imo, but I like that it kind of parallels Hyppolita's tough decision at the end of Historia: The Amazons, and I think Willson should be able to write the scenario with the nuance it deserves.

Wonder Woman #796 is featuring a Lazarus Planet: Revenge of the Gods lead-in as…

Hera has killed Zeus to become Queen of Olympus and has aligned with Shazam.
    Last edited by Double L; 02-24-2023 at 06:54 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    He'd make a great regular artist on Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    He'd make a great regular artist on Wonder Woman.
    He was a semi-regular artist on that Jimmy Palmiotti/Amanda Conner series Agent of Peace from a few years ago and his work was consistently excellent (definitely much better than the quality of the writing warranted...). Would love to see him on the main title.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    He was a semi-regular artist on that Jimmy Palmiotti/Amanda Conner series Agent of Peace from a few years ago and his work was consistently excellent (definitely much better than the quality of the writing warranted...). Would love to see him on the main title.

I suppose that right after that last panel Diana used her communion-with-beasts power to keep those kitties from tearing that woman to pieces, right?

(Unrelated) If a writer protrays Wondy crushing Shasam, half of the wonderfandom will complain because she shouldnt use violence. If she convinces Shazam peacefully, the other half of the wonderfandom will complain because this is portraying her cowardly and as weaker than Superman.

Writing Wonder Woman: you allways win, but you can never win, lmao

Now related, do I have to read something in preparation for this? I havent seen any reading order or guides

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I suppose that right after that last panel Diana used her communion-with-beasts power to keep those kitties from tearing that woman to pieces, right?
    Actually yes, on the next page she specifically says she just told them to give her a scare.

Gotta say, the Palmiotti/Conner stories themselves were a little eh but their characterization of Diana was better than most and they did a particularly good job emphasizing that her main prerogative is rehabilitation (there's at least one issue where she outright refuses to turn someone in and gives them the resources to get their life together instead).

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    (Unrelated) If a writer protrays Wondy crushing Shasam, half of the wonderfandom will complain because she shouldnt use violence. If she convinces Shazam peacefully, the other half of the wonderfandom will complain because this is portraying her cowardly and as weaker than Superman.

Writing Wonder Woman: you allways win, but you can never win, lmao

Now related, do I have to read something in preparation for this? I havent seen any reading order or guides
    Hate how true this is...

I'm assuming New Champion of Shazam is going to tie in.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post

Oh wow! Thank you for the heads up!

Zeus dies a lot… Died in the Azz run and was reborn. Darkseid siphoned off his powers and killed him one time recently and now Hera and the Wizard took a turn.