Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Actually yes, on the next page she specifically says she just told them to give her a scare.

Gotta say, the Palmiotti/Conner stories themselves were a little eh but their characterization of Diana was better than most and they did a particularly good job emphasizing that her main prerogative is rehabilitation (there's at least one issue where she outright refuses to turn someone in and gives them the resources to get their life together instead).
    For real?? I like this!! This Diana speaks to me. This is why I love Wonder Woman in the first place, and I can't believe I never read this. What is the book called again? Agent of Peace or something?

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    For real?? I like this!! This Diana speaks to me. This is why I love Wonder Woman in the first place, and I can't believe I never read this. What is the book called again? Agent of Peace or something?
    Yeah, it's called Agent of Peace - it was an anthology series in the style of the Sensation Comics reboot, had rotating writers but I think most of it was done by Conner/Palmiotti. Wish I could recommend it more strongly, it has a few good issues and some bright spots of characterization (and as I mentioned Daniel Sampere did some solid work on his issues) but most of it is bland and mediocre at best.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Yeah, it's called Agent of Peace - it was an anthology series in the style of the Sensation Comics reboot, had rotating writers but I think most of it was done by Conner/Palmiotti. Wish I could recommend it more strongly, it has a few good issues and some bright spots of characterization (and as I mentioned Daniel Sampere did some solid work on his issues) but most of it is bland and mediocre at best.
    Thank you so much! I am gonna check out the book for sure!!

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    (Unrelated) If a writer protrays Wondy crushing Shasam, half of the wonderfandom will complain because she shouldnt use violence. If she convinces Shazam peacefully, the other half of the wonderfandom will complain because this is portraying her cowardly and as weaker than Superman.

Writing Wonder Woman: you allways win, but you can never win, lmao

Now related, do I have to read something in preparation for this? I havent seen any reading order or guides
    Yeah, there seems to be no reading guide. I don't think it's necessary to read anything in preparation except for the Wondy arc you've already read. Lazarus Planet: We Once Were Gods is probably the only "real" prelude DC created. The New Champion of Shazam doesn't really tie into the upcoming feud between Gods and their Champions.

Lazarus Planet: Revenge of the Gods #1
    Writers: Various (Preview features G. Willow Wilson’s story!)
    Artists: Various (Preview features Cian Tormey, Jordie Bellaire, and Pat Brosseau’s story!)

Having reread Willow Wilson's run, now I wonder: is this a reused idea from when she suddenly left whitout further notice? Did she intend to do something like this before being wrapped up by Year of the villain?

(I already know Cloonrad presented this run as a pitch from beginning to end, its probably nothing)

Things are about to go down. It's nice to see some more gods of the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Lazarus Planet: Revenge of the Gods #1
    Writers: Various (Preview features G. Willow Wilson’s story!)
    Artists: Various (Preview features Cian Tormey, Jordie Bellaire, and Pat Brosseau’s story!)

I'm oddly distracted by the colorful hairstyles of both women in the opening moments.

I'm excited for the preview.
    I wonder if they remember Gundra and other gods from other pantheons that have crossed Diana's path throughout her history like Pele, Rama, Shattered God, Atlantiades, Urzkartaga, etc...
    Last edited by Sebastianne; 03-12-2023 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I'm excited for the preview.
    I wonder if they remember Gundra and other gods from other pantheons that have crossed Diana's path throughout her history like Pele, Rama, Shattered God, Atlantiades, Urzkartaga, etc...
    And ÍSIS..

Fantastic Member

Big Changes Coming To Wonder Woman & Amazons For Dawn Of DC (Spoilers)

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/big-...f-dc-spoilers/

spoilers:
    "This week's Lazarus Planet: Revenge Of The Gods #1 by G. Willow Wilson, Becky Cloonan, Michael W. Conrad, Cian Tormey and Alitha Martinez begins a new crossover event, Revenge Of The Gods, that gets backed into Lazarus Planet by DC Comics. And looks to join the events of Lazarus Planet with the upcoming Dawn Of DC publishing plan, and indicates rather big changes coming to Wonder Woman, the Amazons and Paradise Island, Themyscira. And there's a threat to the Amazons that comes from, well, public opinion. It looks like Themyscira is going to be cancelled, quite literally."
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    Big Changes Coming To Wonder Woman & Amazons For Dawn Of DC (Spoilers)

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/big-...f-dc-spoilers/

spoilers:
    "This week's Lazarus Planet: Revenge Of The Gods #1 by G. Willow Wilson, Becky Cloonan, Michael W. Conrad, Cian Tormey and Alitha Martinez begins a new crossover event, Revenge Of The Gods, that gets backed into Lazarus Planet by DC Comics. And looks to join the events of Lazarus Planet with the upcoming Dawn Of DC publishing plan, and indicates rather big changes coming to Wonder Woman, the Amazons and Paradise Island, Themyscira. And there's a threat to the Amazons that comes from, well, public opinion. It looks like Themyscira is going to be cancelled, quite literally."
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    "Cancelled, quite literally"? I really hope the story is better than the article is describing it.
    end of spoilers

Both artists do a great job. It was to be expected from Martinez, but I don't think I've read a WW comic by Tormey before.

spoilers:
    Diana finally meeting Hera felt a lot less impactful to me than it should have. It’s still got the crawling pace of the ongoing, but I liked Diana’s inner dialogue. Let’s see how she is going to trick the Gods.

Nubia and the Amazons jumped right into what's happening to Themyscira. I really enjoyed the energy of the characters. Nubia, Phillipus, and Faruka especially are a great trio.

I’m guessing the mystery man is either Ares or Zeus himself, and it seems to me that the Wizard might have gone rogue because of the Lazarus Rain?

Anyway, so much for not mentioning Daddy Zeus again. It's strange to me how Yara hypes up Diana's connection to both the Gods and the mortals when being a demi-God doesn't usually make the Gods like you more.
    end of spoilers

It is evident that the name Lazarus Planet is only to attract, because this story is what Cloonrad have been building for a long time.
    G Willow Wilson surprises me with all talk and little action, and it doesn't clash with the Cloonrad way of writing. I am also surprised that she is the one who brings up the paternity of Zeus so explicitly, when in her run she was the one who mentioned the origin of clay in total opposition to Robinson at the time.
    The encounter between Diana and Hera and the role of Hippolyta lack impact in this first issue, on the other hand, the back up story written by Cloonrad makes Nubia, Phillipus and Faruka shine in their dialogues. I really wish they would give them a ongoing about the Amazons, I don't want that whole world to get lost and I would love to continue reading about the Island and its inhabitants.
    What do I hope from what follows, that these writers take advantage of the rich Wonderverse and that we at least see Cheetah face his demons (Uzkartaga) and Siggy with her Nordic comrades (Gundra and the rest we saw in Afterworlds!)

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'm shocked to say that this was the best use of the gods since Phil Jimenez's run on the title. They actually come across as cunning and dangerous. I feel like this is the kind of threat that they're supposed to be. Grand-scale, affecting the entire earth. Hera is clearly a boss-a$$ b!tch here and I love how she manipulated Diana into her cause. Hopefully the creative team keeps this momentum up and we end up with a great Wonder-event to talk about in years to come.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.