Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Curious, what do people here think about Hera in Azz's run?
    The only good character arch imo from what I remember.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Incredible Member

Do you think Zeus will come back to life in this arc? Zeus will be alive in SHAZAM! #2

Billy Batson was given the powers of the gods by the Wizard Shazam—but Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles, and Mercury never gave the Wizard their permission. Displeased with how Billy is representing them, the disgruntled gods engage in a six-way fight for sole control of the World’s Mightiest Mortal…or, if they get their way, the World’s Mightiest Puppet.
    (various characters from Greek mythology in the comic)

By the way, are Mercury and Hermes the same god in the DC or are they different gods?

Last edited by Lucas 35; 03-17-2023 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    By the way, are Mercury and Hermes the same god in the DC or are they different gods?
    Well in the Perez run they were different gods. No clue what the status quo at the moment is. Cause like, back in pre crisis the roman and greek gods were the same thing and would use either name interchangably.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Do you think Zeus will come back to life in this arc? Zeus will be alive in SHAZAM! #2

(various characters from Greek mythology in the comic)

Prior to New-52, one of the story arcs had the Roman gods as a split-off versions of the Greek gods so they could better "handle" the prayers of more worshippers (also described as part of Darkseid's manipulations to weaken the older gods). In one of the later cross-overs, Zeus accidentally merged with Jupiter trying to breach the Source Wall and later on the other Olympians merged with their counterparts. Coincidentally, this happened while Hermes was still dead (by Circe) and the roman goddess Diana refused to be subsumed by Artemis.

Anyway, the Lazarus Planet arc has her as a daughter of Zeus again.
    Last edited by raidensix; 03-21-2023 at 08:49 AM.

I would read a whole miniseries about a tribunal/family reunion of the gods - especially the relationships between the individual gods who absorbed attributes of one another as civilizations encountered one another and learned of each others’s cultures and similarities and differences in their pantheons.

Greek, Norse, Egyptian, Sumerian, Babylonian, Kryptonian, Tamaranean, etc. plus Asian, South American, Indigenous People’s and other deities. Throw in the New Gods and it could be intriguing.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 03-21-2023 at 10:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It was a decent issue of WW as part of the tie-in but everything still feels SO SMALL. Where the hell are the other Gods? I dont mind Hera being a villain since not every interpretation needs to be the same but here she just seems to be a generic villain with next to no depth.

NTT handled an entire war between Gods/Titans and I feel more was explored there then what we've gotten thus far in these two issues.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I would read a whole miniseries about a tribunal/family reunion of the gods - especially the relationships between the individual gods who absorbed attributes of one another as civilizations encountered one another and learned of each others’s cultures and similarities and differences in their pantheons.

Greek, Norse, Egyptian, Sumerian, Babylonian, Kryptonian, Tamaranean, etc. plus Asian, South American, Indigenous People’s and other deities. Throw in the New Gods and it could be intriguing.
    They need to bring back the Time Palace thing that was briefly explored pre-COIE

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It was a decent issue of WW as part of the tie-in but everything still feels SO SMALL. Where the hell are the other Gods? I dont mind Hera being a villain since not every interpretation needs to be the same but here she just seems to be a generic villain with next to no depth.

NTT handled an entire war between Gods/Titans and I feel more was explored there then what we've gotten thus far in these two issues.
    I agree, it still feels low stake. The stranger and she got away from the Titan far too easily. It would have been nice to see them fight his forces until the portal is opened by Ratatosk.

Hades invading Themyscira looked cool but who knows if there'll be a pay off next issue. I was quite disappointed by the back-up where the threat felt incredibly whimsical because of the writing and the art.

This issues also dealt with the critic people had about Diana running to Hera as Zeus's kid and Diana being a fool for the sake of the story really isn't it. Hopefully Tom King breaks that pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

They need to bring back the Time Palace thing that was briefly explored pre-COIE

An excellent suggestion!

If they want to do a GoT-style story all the different pantheons interacting and their heroes could be fascinating.

Extraordinary Member

Lazarus Planet: Revenge of the Gods #2 Preview
    Writers: Various
    Artists: Various

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

This was a prime opportunity to have Billy say Holey Moley. And he did not.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Why does Yara look like about 5 feet tall?

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Why does Yara look like about 5 feet tall?
    I think this cover is an homage to some Frank Miller cover. I seem to remember it depicted Batman and some young readheaded girl as Robin. In that cover Batman also looked like a tank while the young girl looked ridiculously tiny.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I think this cover is an homage to some Frank Miller cover. I seem to remember it depicted Batman and some young readheaded girl as Robin. In that cover Batman also looked like a tank while the young girl looked ridiculously tiny.
    I know the cover and thought of that right away, but why are they trying to pay homage to anything Batman related to an event that Diana is front and center (supposedly)?

Because cover artist wants to draw Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I know the cover and thought of that right away, but why are they trying to pay homage to anything Batman related to an event that Diana is front and center (supposedly)?
    Because...well, you know. Because most of these dudes who end up making it in the comic book industry really want to draw/write either Bats or Sups. I mean, it is what it is, but I agree with you. If they going to homage older covers in a series centering Diana and Billy, they should homage older WW or Shazam covers.