Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Lamb Chops sing-along-song voice (obscure eighties reference, if you know you know): This is the character arc that never eeeeeeeeends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people. Started reading it not knowing what it was. And they'll continue reading it forever just because this is the character arc that never eeeeeends. It just goes on and on my friends....

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Lamb Chops sing-along-song voice (obscure eighties reference, if you know you know): This is the character arc that never eeeeeeeeends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people. Started reading it not knowing what it was. And they'll continue reading it forever just because this is the character arc that never eeeeeends. It just goes on and on my friends....
    Not Lamb Chops lol. That's what it feels like though. When will he found out and when will he stop? It's off the wall insane at this point.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

How do we know this isn't Henry McCoy (Earth-295) pretending to be Henry McCoy (Earth-616) while the latter isn't tied up somewhere?
    Last edited by Micabe; 12-04-2022 at 09:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

Yikes not sure what to say that hasn't already been said but Percy seems REALLY determined to give Beast his Danaerys Targaryean "mad queen" moment cuz what the heck is this heel turn? Like did Percy get bored of writing amoral Beast and just decided to throw his character into the deep end with this cartoon villainy?

Mind controlling and enslaving Wolverine to kill for him while keeping him chained up in his off hours. Creating an entire SHADOW PRISON where he's experimenting on the inmates. Like isn't this EXACTLY what Duggans Xmen is supposed to stop lol

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    So Beast build a giant prison space station with an-organic technology, where he experiments on abducted mutant prisoners, while using a mind broken Wolverine as attack dog and NOBODY on Krakoa or among the X-men noticed or cared?

Unless this all turns out to be some kind of illusion created by Jean Grey to expose the lengths evil Hank is willing to go at the moment, i basicly declare this the spiritual successor to Frank Tieri's Weapon X series. A stupidly written series about every hero involved looking like idiots while creating nothing but needless suffering that serves no purpose.
    Politely?

Didn't even make it to "And..."

Got stuck at thinking "What if he had put even a third of that effort into something even remotely constructive?..."

BANNED

Narratives that are like, "you MUST hate this character" are annoying when it's a hero character you kind of like.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    How do we know this isn't Henry McCoy (Earth-295) pretending to be Henry McCoy (Earth-616) while the latter isn't tied up somewhere?
    That would be really lame, as they have done that very same thing before. It would be a big lack of creativity.

Also, we have enough telepaths who would know, I think. Also he is dead. Not that it means much these days, but we did not see him hatch.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

The thing with any show/product about amoral wetworks groups is that there always has to be someone who the audience hates, who gets the blame for the horrible things the audience roots for the ‘badass action hero’ spy to carry out. Courtesy of the shall we say ‘polished’ image James Bond have to government assassins that blame is assigned to spymasters/‘experts’

Plus, Beast had been going this way for a while.

By the same token however, I’m cynical enough to believe that if this were real life, the council would let Beast be if he could cough up any tangible results of his death camp

Serious question.

Was Dark Beast ever this bad?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Serious question.

Was Dark Beast ever this bad?
    Oh yes he was. Experimentations, torture, slavery, manipulation, sadism just for fun. Absolutely no ideal, just an *******. Basicaly Sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    That would be really lame, as they have done that very same thing before. It would be a big lack of creativity.

Also, we have enough telepaths who would know, I think. Also he is dead. Not that it means much these days, but we did not see him hatch.
    Unless someone is masking him like Onslaught did. Also it didn't go this long
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I chuckled when I recently saw Beast winning that villain poll over the likes of Sinister or Moira. It certainly looks be the justified though.
    Essex would start spitting slurs if he saw that he was losing a best villain poll to McCoy.
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Oh yes he was. Experimentations, torture, slavery, manipulation, sadism just for fun. Absolutely no ideal, just an *******. Basicaly Sinister.
    At least he was more competent than regular Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    At least he was more competent than regular Beast.
    Not sure during AoA he was pretty bad too. The first time we see him his experimentations on Blob have gown awry.
    I don't remember if he was behing Genosha or the Morlocks in 616 (with Emma's benediction).

BANNED

This reminds me of how Bishop went out