Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    @HypnoHulstler (Didnt quote your whole post for space.)

Sensational Spider-Man #8 The Usual Suspects was a great read and one of my favorite single issues. There are a couple high lights. The first for me is when Spidey comes to know that the villains everyone thinks are committing the crimes are not the ones doing it because the crimes were one and done and not a spree.

Also when Spidey is webbed up and Looter explains that he "Looted the Looters." to commit the crimes to raise money to buy the meteor and he asks The looter if he was such a great big thief why didnt he just steal the meteor in the first place. The Looters response is classic

"I never thought of that." When I read that I died laughing.

The Looter has a couple I never thought of that moments in Spidey history. The above example but first was in Marvel Team up when his cell mate asked him if he had all this power why he didnt just use it to break out of jail. And The Looter of course

"It never occurred to me."
    Yes, it’s a great issue. I also love the Swarm 2-parter that followed it. Dezago and Wieringo’s Sensational run doesn’t get enough love imo. It was all great, but they especially shined when writing Ben for some reason. Was so gutted when ‘Ringo passed.

Mighty Member

Pre-OMD stories with Peter still being married to Mary Jane
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I should have just written this. So much more simpler. Those are all my favorites too.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I should have just written this. So much more simpler. Those are all my favorites too.
    Me too. Couldn't have said it better (TBH):

Everything prior to the marriage was also pure gold (IMHO)
    Last edited by K7P5V; 12-04-2022 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Me too. Couldn't have said it better (TBH):

Everything prior to the marriage was also pure gold (IMHO)
    I always think about this scene every time I read Spider's Shadow, seeing as how the reason she goes over to his apartment in the beginning is to apologize to him for this.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Funny, I literally just re-read The Night Gwen Stacy Died/The Goblin's Last Stand yesterday. They're incredible comics that remind me how good "big 2" comics can be. It's surprising just how much better those two issues are than the rest of the run which, while inconsistent, is mostly pretty damn good.

Other Spidey stuff I often go to is Amazing Fantasy #15 (a perfect comic), Kraven's Last Hunt, DeMatteis' Harry/Green Goblin run, Slott's run up to the end of Superior Spider-man, all the early venom stuff and Origin of the Hobgoblin tpb/Hobgoblin Lives.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Slott's run up to the end of Superior Spider-Man. Still one of the best periods for Spider-Man comics.
    Ultimate Spider-Man
    Roger Stern's Amazing and Spectacular Spider-Man.
    And of course the classic Lee-Ditko run.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    The Master Planner Saga ( ASM 31-33). It has everything you can possibly want in a comic series.
    Agreed. Still can't resist the legendary, sequential storytelling of...

Steve Ditko

Astonishing Member

Untold Tales of Spider-Man

Amazing Fantasy #16-18

Brand New Day

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Oooh, also Michelinie's Return of the Sinister Six and Larson's Revenge of the Sinister Six. Those arcs are an absolute blast!
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Marvel Knights: Spider-Man

The JMS run

The Death of Jean DeWolff

Astonishing Member

Lost Years and Redemption.

Name of the Rose and Revenge of the Sinister Six, since those were two of the first Spidey stories I ever read and they're still fun to read.

Ultimate Spider-Man.

Definitely, another choice would be...

Round Robin: The Sidekick's Revenge!