Default Is this the most compressive Superman family tree ever? credit ( Mr. Sarcastic)

upWsDd6.jpgupWsDd6.jpgIs

So many deep-cuts and reference to long forgotten characters and storyline and manages to juggle the various continuities into something readable.

I think I'm most impressed at them sorting through the mess that was John Henry Irons family as even after a certain point in his own run later writers got confused as to which kids were adopted, whether Blondell was his sister or sister-in-law or whether Natasha mother or aunt and whether Butter and Bess were his parents or grandparents.

I don't know if is only me, but the image is to small to be read.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

https://imgur.com/upWsDd6

Well since I can't seem to enarge here's a link to the original though even then you may need to download it and zoom in to see all of it clearly.

Now, I can see it.

Pretty exhaustive and extended work, it was very well investigated and considered several recents updates.

And... it is incomplete.
    Notable absences are Tana Moon, Kristen Wells, the cowboy Kents, Ariella Kent, Kal Kent, Cherub, the third DNAngel... I could be more fussy and add Jarada Olsen, Luthor Luthor and the whole El clan from Kandor, but Mr. Sarcastic did a good job, even if I would had left "Leo" outside.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 12-04-2022 at 11:01 AM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

For future reference for larger images; In the Insert Image function, go to the "From URL" tab and unclick the checked box that says "Retrieve Remote File and Reference Locally". Then put a URL address for the image you want to use.

Retired

What Earth does this apply to? It seems to be a hodge-podge of different post-Crisis continuities--and not pre-Crisis, so therefore not the most comprehensive possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Now, I can see it.

Pretty exhaustive and extended work, it was very well investigated and considered several recents updates.

And... it is incomplete.
    Notable absences are Tana Moon, Kristen Wells, the cowboy Kents, Ariella Kent, Kal Kent, Cherub, the third DNAngel... I could be more fussy and add Jarada Olsen, Luthor Luthor and the whole El clan from Kandor, but Mr. Sarcastic did a good job, even if I would had left "Leo" outside.
    Tana absence is understandable she was just Conner's girlfriend of which he's had several, unlike Dubbilex who was a legal guardian or Roxy who went through a life saving procedure that fused their DNA together he has no real relation to Tana be it familial or genetic.

Ariella is there check the purple arrow coming out of Linda and Clark.

Cherub unlike the other DNA Angels didn't share a genetic template with Conner she was a fusion of Tana and Bart.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    For future reference for larger images; In the Insert Image function, go to the "From URL" tab and unclick the checked box that says "Retrieve Remote File and Reference Locally". Then put a URL address for the image you want to use.

Thank you will note for future

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

How does Susie Tompkins come into the tree on Lois’s side?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Seems like a worthy project.

Would the Future state decedents & DC one Million Superman count as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    How does Susie Tompkins come into the tree on Lois’s side?
    Probably under timey-winey stuff like a lot of the other characters who due to various cosmic reboots no longer exist anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Seems like a worthy project.
    I though so at least, I actually learnt a lot as some of the stuff like Luthor having had an affair with Perry White wife that resulted in a son was news to me and I think the general goal by Mr. Sarcastic was to try and include all the major players who've ever played a significant part in the Superman lore over the years but I guess I should've know most of the responses would've been "Well actually... they didn't include obscure forgotten Golden/Silver Age character x therefore this is trash" instead of an appreciation at the level of research that clearly went into this.
    Last edited by walk; 12-06-2022 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    Would the Future state decedents & DC one Million Superman count as well?
    I think PKJ said something to effect that he's keeping the Future State people as vague as possible because like all comic descendants set in the far future it's only a matter of time till a later writer comes along and contradicts it and starts setting up their own thing.

I've always seen stories set in the future as more "What if? scenarios that exist in parallel realities and less fixed paths as it's the only way most of it makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Tana absence is understandable she was just Conner's girlfriend of which he's had several, unlike Dubbilex who was a legal guardian or Roxy who went through a life saving procedure that fused their DNA together he has no real relation to Tana be it familial or genetic..
    Then Rex Leech also should be there.

Ariella is there check the purple arrow coming out of Linda and Clark..
    I overlooked her.

Cherub unlike the other DNA Angels didn't share a genetic template with Conner she was a fusion of Tana and Bart.
    Would had been a good excuse to add a Flash to the Superman family tree.
    I also have to poin than Vandal Savage is ancestor to the Harper family. Or just Roy Harper, don't remember exactly.