Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Monica is going to be called Photon again.
    With the Champions apparently disbanded, I can see Kamala rejoining the Avengers. After all, she's usually there in adaptations now (the Avengers video game and Avengers Assemble cartoon's fourth season). If they want a Hulk, Riv's suggestion of using Brawn is a good one, as Jennifer rejoining would conflict with her solo book and they certainly can't use Bruce considering his current status quo. The Champions was originally a spin-off from Avengers, so it would make sense for some of them to end up with Earth's Mightiest Heroes. When you say Wasp, did you mean Janet or Nadia?
    I suppose it will be the one who resembles more the version to be seen in Quantumania. And speaking about the Hulk I would say than it is Jennifer the one who will stay in the team. (unless her series had not the success it supposed it have. I don't know about that).

Personally I would like to see a team created by Thor. I mean, we have seen a team created by Captain America, a team created by Iron Man, team by comitee, team created by supervillians. After years of experience with superheroes, what kind of team could Thor recruit?
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 12-06-2022 at 06:58 AM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I
    Personally I would like to see a team created by Thor. I mean, we have seen a team created by Captain America, a team created by Iron Man, team by comitee, team created by supervillians. After years of experience with superheroes, what kind of team could Thor recruit?
    I’ve been playing w. that idea for a while now.
    I keep coming back to the fact that it’d end up looking like a classic Avengers line up (Cap, Tony, Wanda, Vision, prob. Carol…) as he’d recruit the ppl he trusts and has the strongest ties with.

Spectacular Member

I'd at least like to see Blue Marvel, as I am unlikely to get Sentry back any time soon - oh, unless the rumours are true and he's the villain in the Thunderbolts movie. Which just means I'll get a villainous counterpart in the comics, for the sake of synergy. And no, thanks.

So yeah, Blue Marvel for sure, please.

A back to basics approach, sort of like Busiek and Perez did. A good writer, a super-star artist, and a more classic line-up (Cap, Photon, Jan, Black Knight, Wonder Man, Tigra, Moondragon, Black Panther, Hercules, Thor, Iron Man, She-Hulk, Hawkeye, Firebird, Capt. Marvel, Vision, Sersi, Hank Pym, etc...), with more grouned story-lines (super-villains and criminal organizations, with the occasional mega-threat), the Mansion, Jarvis, and plenty of character growth and evolution.

Peace

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    A back to basics approach, sort of like Busiek and Perez did.
    Perez is gone (RIP) but we can still pair Busiek with a superstar artist. Unfortunately this is modern Marvel so their big idea is to probably to get Kelly Thompson.

Kelly Thompson just feels like the kind of "Ehhh...this will have to do" masquerading as a groundbreaking decision that Marvel would make. Plus they get the buzz of saying that a woman is going to write the main Avengers title. Ugh and you just know that Kate Bishop is going to be on the team along with Captain Marvel.

No way is Christopher (wannabe Tom King) Cantwell equipped to do an Avengers book. Slott is busy with the Spider-verse and his FF left something to be desired.

There is no way Marvel is desperate or stupid enough to bring back Bendis...are they?
    Last edited by Anthony W; 12-06-2022 at 10:14 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    There is no way Marvel is desperate or stupid enough to bring back Bendis...are they?
    C'mon, I said a GOOD writer.
    Honestly, you just need someone with a true love for the characters and the lore. Something, that, IMHO, we haven't seen in a long time. Nowadays, the trend seems to see "make it into something YOU (the writer and his peers) can love."

Peace

Incredible Member

A back to basics approach, sort of like Busiek and Perez did. A good writer, a super-star artist, and a more classic line-up (Cap, Photon, Jan, Black Knight, Wonder Man, Tigra, Moondragon, Black Panther, Hercules, Thor, Iron Man, She-Hulk, Hawkeye, Firebird, Capt. Marvel, Vision, Sersi, Hank Pym, etc...), with more grouned story-lines (super-villains and criminal organizations, with the occasional mega-threat), the Mansion, Jarvis, and plenty of character growth and evolution.

Peace
    Hell yes! I've been waiting for a return to basics for years now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Gimme that Bendis Era New Avengers with a twist:

Cap: Sam Wilson

War Machine: Rhodey

Ms. Marvel: Kamala

Wolverine: Laura

Spidey: Miles

Hawkeye: Kate Bishop

Dr. Strange: Clea

Silk: Cindy

A representation from each corner of the Marvel Universe but with established characters that have been around for a while, even the new Heroes with the old monikers.

I wanted to add an Inhuman, but Kamala counts unless they change her origin. I was also debating between Wiccan and Clea, but I think Clea works better as role model for Kate and Kamala.

Sam & Rhodey fill the role of Rogers & Stark

Kamala for Danvers

Laura for Logan

Miles for Pete

Kate for Clint

Clea for Strange

Cindy for Drew
    No thanks. Can we please go back to what feels like an ACTUAL Avengers book after all this time?

Captain America
    Thor
    Iron Man
    Scarlet Witch
    Black Widow
    Kate Bishop Hawkeye
    Captain Marvel
    Black Panther

I’m tired of everything being about Cap and Iron Man, so I’d give them a rest.
    I also think each member should represent a specific corner of the MU to allow for story opportunities.

Photon (leader)
    Captain Marvel (cosmic)
    Scarlet Witch (magic + way overdue she got her spot back)
    Black Panther (genius)
    Wave (ocean + a more heroic alternative to Namor)
    Vision (A.I.)
    Hercules (gods)

C'mon, I said a GOOD writer.
    Honestly, you just need someone with a true love for the characters and the lore. Something, that, IMHO, we haven't seen in a long time.
    Looking over Marvel's line I don't see any writers like that. Jed Mackay lost me when he had the audacity to try to convince the readers that Taskmaster would be afraid of Black Widow.

Nowadays, the trend seems to see "make it into something YOU (the writer and his peers) can love."
    Peace
    You left out the party where they then go to a fawning AIPT where they get softball interviews.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

We can start with an enlarged "everybody is an Avenger" team, and drop a civil war to divide it in two: an all-female Avengers team, and an all-male Avengers team.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    No thanks. Can we please go back to what feels like an ACTUAL Avengers book after all this time?
    what does even "Actual" mean anymore?

we in the Avengers World baybeee

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    We can start with an enlarged "everybody is an Avenger" team, and drop a civil war to divide it in two: an all-female Avengers team, and an all-male Avengers team.
    LMAO, I would love that simply for the all the youtube thumbnails