Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Marvel Man (Justice)
    Ultra Woman
    Spidra (Mattie Franklin)
    Spider-Man (Morales)
    Turbo
    Lightbright
    El Aguila
    I know Marvel owns Miracleman and can therefore use his original name Marvelman for another character, but Vance should stick with Justice.

Spidra as a new name for the third heroic Spider-Woman? The name sounds good, but Mattie's dead (I do think they should've left her alive after she was resurrected in Silk's Clone Conspiracy tie-in - the clone degenerated like most of the others).

Who are Ultra Woman and Lightbright? I've heard of Ultragirl (one of Carol's proteges before Kamala came along, a teenage girl who happened to be half-Kree, like Carol later turned out to also be), but not an Ultra Woman.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    There is no way Marvel is desperate or stupid enough to bring back Bendis...are they?
    If Bendis comes back, he will surely get to write the comics of Miles Morales, Riri and Jessica Jones, the ones he created, to begin with. As for other characters... which is the one character he wrote that everybody loves, even his highest critics, and who is currently the punching bag of every D-list villain in town and so desperately in need of a better writer? That's where Bendis, if he comes back, would be needed the most. Even Aaron's Avengers are in better shape, even if that's such a low bar.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think it has to have something to do with diversity. The team had diverse members before Bendis.

And not even just roster but character interaction, dynamics, relationship, and overall team feel, etc.
    Other than Black Panther who else have been long term members that were front and center for a lengthy run?

Say what you will about Aaron he put Robbie Reyes front and center from the very beginning. Bendis had Luke Cage as the leader and made him mainstream. No way in hell world he have gotten a show without the foundation that Bendis built.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Other than Black Panther who else have been long term members that were front and center for a lengthy run?

Say what you will about Aaron he put Robbie Reyes front and center from the very beginning. Bendis had Luke Cage as the leader and made him mainstream. No way in hell world he have gotten a show without the foundation that Bendis built.
    Monica Rambeau was front and center during Stern's run and was even chairwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I know Marvel owns Miracleman and can therefore use his original name Marvelman for another character, but Vance should stick with Justice.

Spidra as a new name for the third heroic Spider-Woman? The name sounds good, but Mattie's dead (I do think they should've left her alive after she was resurrected in Silk's Clone Conspiracy tie-in - the clone degenerated like most of the others).

Who are Ultra Woman and Lightbright? I've heard of Ultragirl (one of Carol's proteges before Kamala came along, a teenage girl who happened to be half-Kree, like Carol later turned out to also be), but not an Ultra Woman.
    Actually Wendell Vaughn was Marvel Man for a while before he became Quasar. As for Vance, I personally think he should go back to his Marvel Boy roots and become Marvel Man.
    Ultra Woman is Ultragirl.
    Lightbright is a Somali mutant.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Falcon was also on the team for a decent length.

I think War Machine was on the West Coast Avengers for a decent amount.

Triathlon in the second half of Busiek's run.

Robbie's not the first hispanic member of the Avengers.

I think Bendis made Luke more high profile although I don't think Netflix Luke was really Bendis' Luke.

Captain America
    Iron Man
    Blue Marvel
    Monica Rambeau
    Scarlet Witch
    Vision
    Songbird
    Captain Marvel(Genis Vell)
    That is a great line up. I would definitely purchase that book.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Falcon was also on the team for a decent length.

I think War Machine was on the West Coast Avengers for a decent amount.

Triathlon in the second half of Busiek's run.

Robbie's not the first hispanic member of the Avengers.

I think Bendis made Luke more high profile although I don't think Netflix Luke was really Bendis' Luke.
    Mantis was the centre of the Avengers storylines for about 30 issues or so.
    Rage was also at the centre of Larry Hama's short run.
    WCA also introduced the Living Lightning and featured Firebird in many issues (and I particularly wish she'd been fetured in a whole lot more).

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 12-07-2022 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    If Bendis comes back, he will surely get to write the comics of Miles Morales, Riri and Jessica Jones, the ones he created, to begin with. As for other characters... which is the one character he wrote that everybody loves, even his highest critics, and who is currently the punching bag of every D-list villain in town and so desperately in need of a better writer? That's where Bendis, if he comes back, would be needed the most. Even Aaron's Avengers are in better shape, even if that's such a low bar.
    None of those are currently without a writer. Miles' book is relaunching, Riri will be a regular in Tony's which is also relaunching, and Jessica has a mini, The Variants, which finishes tomorrow. Saying that, some people disliked Bendis's Young Justice, but Meghan Fitzmartin's subsequent mini with that team put that into perspective as she actually wrote them out of character. Bendis's YJ honestly wasn't so bad - and if he came back to Marvel, they could do worse than to have him relaunch Champions. After all, he created three of the team members - Miles Morales, Ironheart, and Bombshell. He did use the Champions in his last arc of Miles' book - he got the roster wrong, though I don't think that was his fault - he knew Riri was joining the team, but I assume not that Cyclops was leaving and Unstoppable Wasp joining, as he used Scott when he should've used Nadia (Riri and Nadia joined the team in the same issue Scott left, Waid's final issue, #18). Other than the roster error, there wasn't any problem with how he wrote them.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-07-2022 at 09:14 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

No way in hell world he have gotten a show without the foundation that Bendis built.
    Strongly disagree. Jessica Jones is a given but even without Bendis Luke Cage still gets a Netflix show. Simply because of the success of Daredevil. They gave Iron Fist a show for heaven's sake.

Also people seem to over exaggerate what Bendis did for Luke Cage.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Strongly disagree. Jessica Jones is a given but even without Bendis Luke Cage still gets a Netflix show. Simply because of the success of Daredevil. They gave Iron Fist a show for heaven's sake.

Also people seem to over exaggerate what Bendis did for Luke Cage.
    You think so? I would've thought that Danny got a show because of Brubaker?

IMO, I mean before Bendis Luke's titles were abysmal

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Where was Luke Cage before Secret War and New Avengers? In a couple issues of Marvel Knights and Heroes for Hire volume whatever.

You really think Luke and Danny were getting live-action shows so early on just "Power Man and Iron Fist" alone?
    "Cable was right!"

Honestly I think it was because they were Marvel at a time when "Marvel" meant surefire hit and the characters wouldn't bust the special effects budgets and Daredevil was already a hit and the characters could be sewn into the same street level/ninja adjacent universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234
    Where was Luke Cage before Secret War and New Avengers? In a couple issues of Marvel Knights and Heroes for Hire volume whatever.

You really think Luke and Danny were getting live-action shows so early on just "Power Man and Iron Fist" alone?
    See previous answer.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 12-07-2022 at 10:47 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Not going with the MCU Aaronvengers plus every uber-powered mystical or cosmic man, woman, child..in one Team.

Avengers
    Captain Marvel (Classic Monica, without a jacket)
    Hawkeye
    Mockingbird
    Thunderstrike
    Clea
    War Machine
    Giant-Man (Lang)

New Avengers
    Black Panther
    Spider-Woman
    Binary (Carol)
    Dr. Druid
    Valkyrie
    Mach-X

Astonishing Member

Accurate.

10 characters
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.