Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Who do you want as The Avengers after the Aaron run is over?

There’s a good thread in the DC forum asking this question in regards to the JLA’s inevitable return.

Been reading through the Avengers appreciation thread w. PPL celebrating the current run wrapping up soon, and figured I’d pose the question.

Good or bad this run has been huge in scope. I’d like to see things scaled down. A smaller team and more grounded adventures.

CAPTAIN AMERICA
    There’s no one I’d rather have rebuild the team after Aaron’s run. Let Tony and Thor take a hiatus and handle their business in their solo books. The Avengers IS Cap’s business, always has been, ever since joined.

SPECTRUM and BLUE MARVEL
    Cap knows how formidable Monica is in terms of both power and intellect. She’ll be his second in command/field leader.
    He hasn’t worked w. B.M. often, but Cap knows he can more than handle being the team powerhouse. A powerhouse that also brings a genius intellect to table.

AMADEUS CHO
    Cho’s Hulk like physique is def. impressive, and he’s also the seventh-smartest person on Earth. That’s a winning combo in Cap’s book.

ANT-MAN and STINGER
    The father-daughter duo may not be powerhouses, but they bring versatility, dependability, outside the box thinking, and can see the big picture, no pun intended, when others might not.

JOYSTICK
    She has a checkered past, but Cap is all about realizing potential, and Joystick has plenty of that. Cap’s confident that when it sinks in that she’s really an Avenger, the young woman will step up to the plate.

Extraordinary Member

I might say "Scarlet Witch and Vision" 55 times over, but I'd like to see a split between the "classic Avengers" and the "modern Avengers" that reflects the division among the fans about what the Avengers should be.

So, going with a seven-member team:

Old-School: Captain America, Vision, Scarlet Witch. Three characters who are the most identified with traditional Avengers. Cap came back to life because of the Avengers; Wanda was redeemed by the Avengers; Vision literally only exists because of the Avengers.

New-School: Captain Marvel (she was on the old-school team but was treated badly by them, and has good reason to prefer the modern era), Wolverine (his joining the Avengers was the biggest break with the old way of doing things), Songbird (because I have to get Songbird in there and think of an excuse for her to prefer the new way of doing things).

Tie-Breaker: Spectrum/Photon (basically an old-school member, but joined late enough that she can see the flaws with the old ways)

Instead of hero vs. hero fights, or arguments about what the Avengers should be, I'd like to see them bring conflict within the team, just like among the fans.

If you think about, the Aaron line up was pretty "classic".
    So I think now they are going to go with a team similar to whatever is incoming in the next phase of the MCU.

SO... maybe Falcon, Riri Williams, Carol, Monica and Kamala, Ant-Man and Wasp, Blade, Echo. Something like that.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 12-04-2022 at 09:20 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Captain America, Genis-Vell, Songbird, Wasp (Janet), Jack of Hearts and Thor. It's time to finally see the version of the Avengers from Songbird and Genis-Vell's timeline that we saw brief glimpses of in the original Avengers Forever and then in Spider-Verse oddly enough go to action in the 616! I want to see some Genis/Songbird romance! Thor with a different kind of beard! Maybe have Spider-Man 2099 drop in for an adventure or two.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Captain America, Genis-Vell, Songbird, Wasp (Janet), Jack of Hearts and Thor. It's time to finally see the version of the Avengers from Songbird and Genis-Vell's timeline that we saw brief glimpses of in the original Avengers Forever and then in Spider-Verse oddly enough go to action in the 616! I want to see some Genis/Songbird romance! Thor with a different kind of beard! Maybe have Spider-Man 2099 drop in for an adventure or two.
    To the utmost, I agree! Definitely, would be at the top of my list...

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-04-2022 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    There’s a good thread in the DC forum asking this question in regards to the JLA’s inevitable return.

Been reading through the Avengers appreciation thread w. PPL celebrating the current run wrapping up soon, and figured I’d pose the question.

Good or bad this run has been huge in scope. I’d like to see things scaled down. A smaller team and more grounded adventures.
    A good story run...Back to basics going up against a new Masters of Evil or something like that. Tired of all the gotta save the World/Universe/Multiverse stories that are ho-hum...

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    A good story run...Back to basics going up against a new Masters of Evil or something like that. Tired of all the gotta save the World/Universe/Multiverse stories that are ho-hum...
    ^^^Ayup!
    That’s def. what I envisioned as more grounded adventures. This last run more than covered world/universe/multiverse!

Preferably some sort of classic lineup, but I'd be happy with anything that isn't over MCU-synergized written by a competent writer.

Generally I'd like a lineup made up mostly of people who aren't appearing in other books. Characters like Vision, Wasp, Black Knight, Wonder Man, etc.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    Generally I'd like a lineup made up mostly of people who aren't appearing in other books. Characters like Vision, Wasp, Black Knight, Wonder Man, etc.
    Agree with many of the ideas in this thread (including the call for a good writer!), but I like this idea the most.

The future Avengers from Avengers Forever with Genis-Vell, Songbird, Wasp, etc. was definitely a favorite, tho!

But I also love the idea of more Monica Rambeau!

I would actually like to see new books.

A classic line up in the main Avengers book.

Then I would like to see a Secret Avengers book with missions some Avengers just wont do and others will.

Maybe a New Avengers book with upcoming members, new members, added members and so on.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Scaled down definitely, between Hickman and Aaron's runs..more grounded stories please
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

I'd like to see two groups

Avengers

Cap - Steve Rogers
    Torch - Jim Hammond
    Namor
    Beast
    Wonder Man
    Clea Strange
    Wasp - Janet Van Dyne
    Old Woman Laura - Wolverine

New Avengers

Iron Man
    Hellcat
    Thor
    Valkyrie - Jane Foster
    Phoenix - Echo
    Vision
    Jocasta
    Skaar
    Hawkeye - Kate Bishop
    Last edited by a moment closer; 12-05-2022 at 08:48 PM.

Captain America
    Iron Man
    Blue Marvel
    Monica Rambeau
    Scarlet Witch
    Vision
    Songbird
    Captain Marvel(Genis Vell)

CAPTAIN AMERICA
    There’s no one I’d rather have rebuild the team after Aaron’s run. Let Tony and Thor take a hiatus and handle their business in their solo books. The Avengers IS Cap’s business, always has been, ever since joined.

SPECTRUM and BLUE MARVEL
    Cap knows how formidable Monica is in terms of both power and intellect. She’ll be his second in command/field leader.
    He hasn’t worked w. B.M. often, but Cap knows he can more than handle being the team powerhouse. A powerhouse that also brings a genius intellect to table.

AMADEUS CHO
    Cho’s Hulk like physique is def. impressive, and he’s also the seventh-smartest person on Earth. That’s a winning combo in Cap’s book.

ANT-MAN and STINGER
    The father-daughter duo may not be powerhouses, but they bring versatility, dependability, outside the box thinking, and can see the big picture, no pun intended, when others might not.

JOYSTICK
    She has a checkered past, but Cap is all about realizing potential, and Joystick has plenty of that. Cap’s confident that when it sinks in that she’s really an Avenger, the young woman will step up to the plate.
    Monica is going to be called Photon again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    If you think about, the Aaron line up was pretty "classic".
    So I think now they are going to go with a team similar to whatever is incoming in the next phase of the MCU.

SO... maybe Falcon, Riri Williams, Carol, Monica and Kamala, Ant-Man and Wasp, Blade, Echo. Something like that.
    With the Champions apparently disbanded, I can see Kamala rejoining the Avengers. After all, she's usually there in adaptations now (the Avengers video game and Avengers Assemble cartoon's fourth season). If they want a Hulk, Riv's suggestion of using Brawn is a good one, as Jennifer rejoining would conflict with her solo book and they certainly can't use Bruce considering his current status quo. The Champions was originally a spin-off from Avengers, so it would make sense for some of them to end up with Earth's Mightiest Heroes. When you say Wasp, did you mean Janet or Nadia?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    One thing I've wanted to see for a long time is the cast of A-Next return. We could have Spider-girl, J2, American Dream, and maybe one or two others stuck in the past and the rest of the Avengers giving them a place to stay and a spot on the team until they're able to figure out how to get home.
    Mayday is the main Spider-Girl again now that Anya has reverted to Arana, surely they must have something planned for her?

^^^Oh neat, kind of like when the original X-Men were stuck in the present?
    I think your idea would a lot more fun, though!
    Well, they're from the future, not the past - so it's more like when Spider-Man 2099 was stuck in the present (at the same time, no less!)
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-06-2022 at 05:14 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman