Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I want a more classic line-up with characters like Jocasta, Ant-Man II, Jack of Hearts, Genis-Vell, and Songbird added to the mix.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I want a more classic line-up with characters like Jocasta, Ant-Man II, Jack of Hearts, Genis-Vell, and Songbird added to the mix.
    I'd love four out of those five, but never really got Jack of Hearts. OTOH, Jack of Hearts on a team with Scott Lang? Yes, please. There's some drama I'm here for.

Also would be intrigued to see Jocasta on a team with another Pym legacy like Scott. (But her on a team with Janet would be extra spicy, since they share the same brain engrams, like Simon and Vision, and could be as weird about it, and their shared relationship with Hank Pym, as Simon and Vision could be, at times.)

So a team with Jocasta, Scott Lang / Ant-Man, Jack of Hearts, Genis-Vell, Songbird, Janet van Dyne / Wasp and Steve Rogers / Captain America could be interesting. (Cap and Janet count as the more classic old-school Avengers, while everyone else is a fresher face.)

That still leaves out a ton of others I'd like, like Monica and Living Lightning and Stingray, but a team that had *all* of the Avengers I want would have like twenty members.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 12-06-2022 at 11:48 AM.

Marvel Man (Justice)
    Ultra Woman
    Spidra (Mattie Franklin)
    Spider-Man (Morales)
    Turbo
    Lightbright
    El Aguila
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Incredible Member

Love all these characters! Throw in Stingray too!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    what does even "Actual" mean anymore?

we in the Avengers World baybeee
    Actual means something resembling the type of team I read about for over 400 issues, before Bendis got ahold of them and changed everything I liked about them.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Love all these characters! Throw in Stingray too!
    Absolutely! I can't believe I forgot Stingray. I'd also add Monica to my team under whatever name she's using this week. I think I'd even keep the current HQ. Have a core of members without their own books. Have the big guns used on a rotating basis. I'd also bring back the Young Avengers combining the former YA members that are available with former Champions like Nova, Iron Heart, Viv Vision, Wasp II and Miles Morales.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Actual means something resembling the type of team I read about for over 400 issues, before Bendis got ahold of them and changed everything I liked about them.
    ah so you mean what you read during the silver age, so why not just say your "preference" as opposed to "actual"

because the I think days of a non diverse Avengers team is over - which is a good thing

I think all of them have the making of classic Avengers.

Peace

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Looking over Marvel's line I don't see any writers like that. Jed Mackay lost me when he had the audacity to try to convince the readers that Taskmaster would be afraid of Black Widow.
    Didn't he fight Hyperion in that same issue? Why the hell would you be afraid of Natasha when Hyperion could snap her neck and flash-fry you with eye beams at the same time without breaking a sweat?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

ah so you mean what you read during the silver age, so why not just say your "preference" as opposed to "actual"

because the I think days of a non diverse Avengers team is over - which is a good thing
    I totally agree with too. You can have an Avengers team that feels more classic AND diverse. BTW I also forgot that I'd want Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) back on the team in the core group.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    We can start with an enlarged "everybody is an Avenger" team, and drop a civil war to divide it in two: an all-female Avengers team, and an all-male Avengers team.
    Just remember than for " reasons" Tony and Cap are not available and neither their surrogates.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I’ve been playing w. that idea for a while now.
    I keep coming back to the fact that it’d end up looking like a classic Avengers line up (Cap, Tony, Wanda, Vision, prob. Carol…) as he’d recruit the ppl he trusts and has the strongest ties with.
    Avengers Unlimited?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I don't think it has to have something to do with diversity. The team had diverse members before Bendis.

And not even just roster but character interaction, dynamics, relationship, and overall team feel, etc.

Extraordinary Member

Agreed on all counts. "Actual" is such a weird term to use in re to serialized fiction.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’d like to see 2 teams, a regular east coast team, and a mighty west coast team.

Avengers

Wasp
    Photon
    She-Hulk
    Hellstrom
    Valkyrie
    Blue Marvel
    Capt. Marvel (Genis)
    Songbird

Mighty Avengers

Capt. Marvel (Danvers)
    Spider-Woman
    Scarlet Witch
    Vision
    Dr. Voodoo
    Quasar (Kincaid)
    Quicksilver
    Crystal
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Ant-Man and Stinger (Scott can also grow to provide heavy hitter status)
    Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
    Porcupine (Jessica Drew’s Ex)
    Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
    Ms Marvel
    Mach X
    Songbird

Songbird or Spider-Woman leading the team. Give the big three a rest.