Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Wait, I thought Doug forbade anyone using the Pit after Sabretooth left his hell throne in it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Man it would have been awesome for them to get graduation costumes like The NM did!

But then again The NM still wear their uniforms too. Blech. We need to see more of The Hellions!

I think this is the first time Roulette has spoken on panel in over 20 years.

I can't wait for this issue! Wondering if Forge created Angelica's costume. The "star" looks like his work.
    She spoke in the Women's of Marvel book a few years ago were she and Gwenpool fought Feral and Marrow at the Green Lagoon. She and Catseye also had a line when the kick Empathy ass in the first Hellfire Gala. All of them also had lines when they fought the NM during Necrosha.

I liked her Farrah Fawcett hairstyle she had back in the day

Once again, the Hellions are completely right and should get their own book. 2023: The Year of Hellions!
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Wait, I thought Doug forbade anyone using the Pit after Sabretooth left his hell throne in it.
    Doug let everyone out, but it’s been made very unclear if the QC even knows that so there definitely hasn’t been an island wide decree stating that the Pit won’t be used anymore.

Also LOVED this answer from Steve,
    “So it makes sense that mutants who were resistant to the idea of this new nation-state for any number of reasons might now find themselves feeling unwelcome by mutants who embraced Krakoa more readily. It also makes sense some of that feeling could be projection/imagined, and some of it might be totally real. Some mutants might hate anyone who didn’t believe in Krakoa right away, and some might be waiting with open arms no matter when or why you come around on the island. No community or shared identity is a monolith.

Do I think there’s a blanket mistrust or dislike of late adopters? No, I don’t think that tracks with what we know of the X-Men or how we’ve seen the island treat new arrivals. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t Krakoans who, for a multitude of reasons, have a very low tolerance when it comes to mutants like Firestar who they might perceive as feeling too good for Krakoa. If you’ve experienced great hardship or even death because of your mutant identity, I don’t know that you’d want to celebrate someone who has spent most of their time “passing” as a member of non-mutant superhero teams, especially if she’s one of eight mutants chosen to represent you to the world at large.”
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 12-05-2022 at 02:05 PM.

In two pages Foxe has done more for Angelica's character than Duggan has in the entirety of the issues he's had her with the X-Men (I know this is her focus issue, but still). He also seems to have a good feel for the team and their voices.

Also "She’s not a mutant-resisting fascist cop — she’s a proven hero whose career hasn’t often had an X in front of it." - Somebody needed to say it.

I'm still not feeling the new Firestar haircut and costume, but everything else looks great! He also seems to have a good grasp of the complexities of the Mutant Metaphor but also what goes into writing good stories. I did find it kind of funny when they brought up Vance and the typical breakup/reunion cycle of most comic relationships. Didn't Angelica kind of have something building up with Bobby before he came out? And there was that one tool she was with in that Amazing Friends issue of Iceman's solo. It feels like she hasn't had a serious relationship in years.

So obviously the plot is Angelica feeling personally invested in making sure a cancer ward gets the drugs they need. I wonder who the other Mutant not closely associated with the X-Men is. I don't think it meant Vance being mentioned.

Incredible Member

Probably some of the many other New Warriors.

I'm still not feeling the new Firestar haircut and costume, but everything else looks great!
    I didn't even realize that was Firestar at first. I actually thought it was Darkstar just with a different hair color. The costumes have a lot of similiarity between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Doug let everyone out, but it’s been made very unclear if the QC even knows that so there definitely hasn’t been an island wide decree stating that the Pit won’t be used anymore.
    Wasn't the point of them all being kicked out was that this was the start of Krakoa losing faith in Xavier (again)?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Once again, the Hellions are completely right and should get their own book. 2023: The Year of Hellions!
    Weren't they dead? Did they read her Marvel Fandom page or something? #FakeNews
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post

Also LOVED this answer from the Steve,
    Same on Steve's answer. The franchise is in good hands with him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I know that it's completely irrational, but I just do not like Firestar and never will. That said, the writing seems good and the art is amazing.

I don't love Iceman's new costume, but it's better than the all ice look. What I really don't care for though is the goatee and hairstyle that Vecchio gave him, is he forming late '90s ska band?
    To be fair, if he WAS I’d find it perfectly in character for him. Bobby tends to be behind the curve in his hobbies.

Astonishing Member

And honestly, I would LOVE to see Foxe write a New Warriors revival, and though that brand has suffered massively over the years and has all kinds of bad optics to it, emphasizing it as a team of both mutant and human superheroes (as it always was) makes the current era a perfect place to relaunch it under a relatively simple premise: mutants and humans fighting together for the whole Earth (or Sol System). New Warriors was never just a couple mutants here and there, the original six founders of the team featured three mutants (Justice, Firestar and Namorita) and three non-mutants (Night Thrasher, Nova and Speedball).

Though even there, the number's in debate as Night Thrasher unknowingly being a mutant has been raised all the way back since the nineties, when an antagonist who could 'read' DNA explicitly said he had a minor mutation involving psionic protection (which was in itself a nod to the fact that Thrash has always inexplicably been super-resistant to being read by telepaths, with no real answer for why). Add to that the fact that Dwayne's half-brother (and fellow Warrior) Bandit, is a mutant with electricity powers....there's a case to be made that the NW were actually MORE mutants than nonmutants.

But between them, Silhouette, Timeslip, Helix, Microbe and Bolt....plenty of mutant characters to explore in an integrated squad where all of these characters have already got years of established camaraderie and experience working and living together.

Although, after this Annual, if some writer could come up with a plausible reason for Roulette to be reluctantly (and with much complaining) added to that roster, I would laugh forever.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    And honestly, I would LOVE to see Foxe write a New Warriors revival, and though that brand has suffered massively over the years and has all kinds of bad optics to it, emphasizing it as a team of both mutant and human superheroes (as it always was) makes the current era a perfect place to relaunch it under a relatively simple premise: mutants and humans fighting together for the whole Earth (or Sol System). New Warriors was never just a couple mutants here and there, the original six founders of the team featured three mutants (Justice, Firestar and Namorita) and three non-mutants (Night Thrasher, Nova and Speedball).

Though even there, the number's in debate as Night Thrasher unknowingly being a mutant has been raised all the way back since the nineties, when an antagonist who could 'read' DNA explicitly said he had a minor mutation involving psionic protection (which was in itself a nod to the fact that Thrash has always inexplicably been super-resistant to being read by telepaths, with no real answer for why). Add to that the fact that Dwayne's half-brother (and fellow Warrior) Bandit, is a mutant with electricity powers....there's a case to be made that the NW were actually MORE mutants than nonmutants.

But between them, Silhouette, Timeslip, Helix, Microbe and Bolt....plenty of mutant characters to explore in an integrated squad where all of these characters have already got years of established camaraderie and experience working and living together.

Although, after this Annual, if some writer could come up with a plausible reason for Roulette to be reluctantly (and with much complaining) added to that roster, I would laugh forever.
    They sould use the concept of Uncanny Avengers but use the new warriors name!

Super excited for this annual! And from the article Mr Foxe obviously cares a lot about the Angelica.

And at last, her previous time with the X-Men has been mentioned!

It's a shame that Duggan can't be bothered to write the vote winners (Polaris suffered much of the same fate last year) and had to outsource Firestar to another writer. If he really has no interest in writing these characters then maybe they should stop the public voting?

Poor Angelica.

She was one of those students that got bullied by the teacher and the class.

They made an exception for humes getting the RP so they can make an exception for horses right? Where is Butter Rum?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!