Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default X-Men Monday #182 – Steve Foxe Talks ‘X-Men Annual #1’

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/12/05/x-...-x-men-annual/

[I]If you’ve had the privilege to read X-Men ’92: House of XCII and X-Men Unlimited‘s “Secret X-Men 2022,” you’re aware that writer Steve Foxe knows his way around an X-Men comic. Later this month, you’ll be treated to an all-new story from the fantastic Mr. Foxe: X-Men Annual #1.

I had a chance to read the jam-packed Annual, which — in addition to being a visual feast — provides plenty of real estate for strong character work. Whether you’re a Firestar fan or skeptic, you’ll want to pick up a copy when it hits shelves December 21, 2022.

AIPT: X-Fan Storm_4life wanted to know what you hope readers take away from this Firestar-focused annual.

Steve: Well, I will say you get a good dose of the full team here, too, and I hope readers are excited to see this squad thrown into action around the globe. Andrea DiVito and Sebastian Cheng KILLED it on this issue with a number of complicated action scenes and I can’t wait for readers to see their interior pages. I suspect readers will want to see a lot more from this art team, ASAP.

As for the Firestar focus, I’m hoping readers who’ve gotten worked up in the DiscourseTM surrounding her election win have a little more perspective on Angelica, who she is, and how she got here. You don’t have to come away from it liking her, but I hope you GET her a little more than you did before you read it. She’s not a mutant-resisting fascist cop — she’s a proven hero whose career hasn’t often had an X in front of it.

And this week's eXclusive images are the lettered preview to X-Men Annual #1!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I'm glad they're acknowledging her time with the X-Men previously, and I'm liking the jokes.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Cool to see the original Hellions. Hope we see more of them.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It's Firestar time and no Duggan! Let's go!!!
    "Cable was right!"

Kind of sad that the Hellions are just going around Krakoa in their original training duds. Like, let it go.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Liking the writing on this. If Duggan is moving to Uncanny Avengers I could see Foxe taking over this, or even vice versa

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

"When it comes too far to the forefront, though, you’ve quite literally lost the plot and you’re just writing AT the reader and the imagined critic. Characters shouldn’t be mouthpieces for us to talk AT you."

COUGH COUGH MARAUDERS ANNUAL COUGH COUGH

Really like that "various missions" panel, and the jokes. The art look really nice ! As its sole fan here, I love that they're using Iceman's new uniform ! I might be interested in this book after all.
    Really dig Harrower's design too. Who is she ?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

You're not the only fan of Bobby's new look. I LOVE it!

This preview looks and reads pretty good.

I like a lot of what he had to say with regards to the sensibilities and thoughts of mutants not in the spotlight and serious and more in-depth "slice of life" stories from Ginger Foxey would/could be very interesting.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-05-2022 at 09:12 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Kind of sad that the Hellions are just going around Krakoa in their original training duds. Like, let it go.
    Man it would have been awesome for them to get graduation costumes like The NM did!

But then again The NM still wear their uniforms too. Blech. We need to see more of The Hellions!

I think this is the first time Roulette has spoken on panel in over 20 years.

I can't wait for this issue! Wondering if Forge created Angelica's costume. The "star" looks like his work.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Incredible Member

I Wich the Hellions get into other teams, some of them have so much potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    You're not the only fan of Bobby's new look. I LOVE it!

This preview looks and reads very interesting.
    Yeah me too. They really need to use that new costume more often for Bobby.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I know that it's completely irrational, but I just do not like Firestar and never will. That said, the writing seems good and the art is amazing.

I don't love Iceman's new costume, but it's better than the all ice look. What I really don't care for though is the goatee and hairstyle that Vecchio gave him, is he forming late '90s ska band?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

"I thought we pruned her" LOL

Never change, Yana.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!